Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Package Conflict Detector - WINDOWS ONLY

by scumbumbo Posted 13th Feb 2016 at 6:05 AM - Updated 11th Dec 2017 at 11:39 PM by scumbumbo : Update Version 1.3.0

181 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 71 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 8
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#126 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 1:32 AM
Do you have a mac version?
Test Subject
#127 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 1:26 AM
Okay so I tried to download and install this, but I got a really weird error. Also, I use Firefox and for some reason ever since downloading this mod/program. It automatically gives me the message that Firefox occurred an error and needs to be shutdown immediately after opening it. I uninstalled Firefox and had the same problem. I even had the error message pop up when I restarted my PC. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit. It doesn't seem to have any affect on the Edge browser. I'd really love to be able to use this program as I have well over 6k mods and some go out of date and anytime it seems Sims 4 or Origin updates, I have problems. Thanks in advance!
Test Subject
#128 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissEliseth
Okay so I tried to download and install this, but I got a really weird error. Also, I use Firefox and for some reason ever since downloading this mod/program. It automatically gives me the message that Firefox occurred an error and needs to be shutdown immediately after opening it. I uninstalled Firefox and had the same problem. I even had the error message pop up when I restarted my PC. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit. It doesn't seem to have any affect on the Edge browser. I'd really love to be able to use this program as I have well over 6k mods and some go out of date and anytime it seems Sims 4 or Origin updates, I have problems. Thanks in advance!

I'm having the exact same problem, except on Chrome. After the program attempts to run twice, Chrome unexpectedly shuts down and a malware detection alert pops up. Tried downloading the program again but ended up having the same result. Hope this issue gets resolved soon!
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 3:11 AM
This seems to be hacked, and replaced with an shady installer.
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 4:55 AM
When I installed the version from June 16th 2016 my Norton AV went ballistic with Trojan.Kasidet alarms. I am still trying to recover my system.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#131 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 7:58 PM
Thanks for the update, this program is important to me. Thank you with all my heart
Instructor
#132 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 11:08 PM
Hi @scumbumbo ,
Hope you're okay
Just tried the Dec 2nd 1.2 version, it looks like the scrolling down bottom last line can't be shown completely.
Other than that, it's flawless .
Thanks again
Deceased
Original Poster
#133 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 4:37 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 7th Dec 2017 at 6:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
Hi @scumbumbo ,
Hope you're okay
Just tried the Dec 2nd 1.2 version, it looks like the scrolling down bottom last line can't be shown completely.
Other than that, it's flawless .
Thanks again

Just noticed this issue today myself and fixed on my local copy. Will update this soon. It's more than just the last line can be several.

EDIT - 1.2.1 is now available for download which fixes this bug. Thanks for the error report, @azoresman
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#134 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 4:00 PM
Thank you.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#135 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 4:59 AM
omgthank you. we needed this
Deceased
Original Poster
#136 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 9:35 AM
Thanks for the positive responses on rereleasing this. I know it was a pretty important utility for everyone, and needed to be available again.

Despite having done a bug-fix on this yesterday, today became a day that I put some more thought and changes into this. It's not available for download yet, still a bit of testing to do. But one thing that always bothered me is that on the resource view, the "version" number of the resource was just an arbitrary number showing which of the conflicting resources matched which. The number itself had nothing to do with what resource was actually loaded and used by the game.

So I did a ton of research today to definitlvely determine the actual order the game loads packages and implement my code to load in the same order. So in the next release, the first resource on the list will be highlighted as the one that is actually used by the game. Yes, that's right - in TS4 the FIRST copy of a resource loaded is the one that is used, so if you want a mod to take precedence it should be the first one loaded not the last.

The attached image shows what this will look like when testing and packaging is complete and I can get this uploaded. As you can see, in addition to that arbitrary "version" number of the resource, the load order is displayed and the earliest loaded version of the resource is highlighted as the one used by the game.
Screenshots
Instructor
#137 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 1:21 AM
Wow, I just assumed it was like in TS2...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 9:29 AM
Thank you very very much for updating this great tool .
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 7:06 PM
Thank you Scumbumbo. It's been great having you back. I really appreciate your hard work on all of these mods. Have a great holiday.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#140 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 8:59 PM
Wow, thank you! I was just yesterday wishing we had a working mod conflict detector, lol. The last time I tried to use this, several months ago, I strongly suspect it was the hacked version, because it crashed my computer and I'm not sure what it did, but I ended up needing to reinstall the game completely. Anyway, thank you for updating :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 10:44 AM
Thank you very much for updating !!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 1:25 PM
this is gold, thank you SO much <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:09 AM
works great and so easy to use a cave man could do it LOL.

Nothing against cave man people gesh LOL
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 10:24 PM
Thanks, this is great!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#145 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 1:12 AM
A belated thanks for this. I discovered I had two of the same mod that had different filenames with this!

Quote: Originally posted by dault3883
works great and so easy to use a cave man could do it LOL.

Nothing against cave man people gesh LOL

"NOT! COOL!" ( )
Test Subject
#146 Old 26th May 2018 at 4:31 AM
Default Ummmm lol
Hi I just installed this and ran it just fine ... I just don't know what to do with everything it showed in red .... HELP PLEASE
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#147 Old 31st May 2018 at 6:00 PM
You're a genius :)
Test Subject
#148 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 8:02 PM
Default idk whats going on here
Quote: Originally posted by babydoll1973.jc
Hi I just installed this and ran it just fine ... I just don't know what to do with everything it showed in red .... HELP PLEASE

I need help to, everyone says its easy, but when I disable a conflict or a duplicate it disables all the duplicates...so do i still get to use that content or no?
Deceased
Original Poster
#149 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by purpledragon
I need help to, everyone says its easy, but when I disable a conflict or a duplicate it disables all the duplicates...so do i still get to use that content or no?

Only disable one of the packages when there's a conflict, if you disable both of them then yes that content will disappear.

ETA - Just to clarify one thing -- if you do disable just one, then it will no longer show up as a conflict. That doesn't mean it's gone just that it's no longer in conflict with anything. You can always look in the game to show all installed mods and verify the one you wanted to keep is still live.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#150 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 2:38 AM
Thank you
Page 6 of 8