Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 7:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Blocky water texture in neighborhood view
Yes, I do realize the title sounds kind of wacky, but it's been annoying me for quite a bit. So, when I go to any neighborhood, the water looks way too solid, and also looks blocky when under terrain. I did change the simpleTerrain in Graphics Rules.sgr to false. Didn't do crap. I'm guessing it's associated with some of my CC, but I have NO CLUE which one is it, cuz it might be a bottomless well.
I also uploaded a screenshot so you can see how it looks, you can also see the sand is gone.
Any help will be appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg  Snapshot.jpg (351.6 KB, 21 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 11:12 AM
Have you set up the full GraphicRules? Blocky water (and "hay terrain" if you have that too) usually is a sign of your graphic card not being read properly, and the game defaulting to the lowest settings in the GraphicRules.

The "SimpleTerrain" line is in 3 places, so could be possible you're changing it in the wrong area.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you set up the full GraphicRules? Blocky water (and "hay terrain" if you have that too) usually is a sign of your graphic card not being read properly, and the game defaulting to the lowest settings in the GraphicRules.

The "SimpleTerrain" line is in 3 places, so could be possible you're changing it in the wrong area.

Could be. I didn't notice that until I watched a tutorial :')