Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Career - The City Planner

by DarinClark2004 Posted 14th Sep 2008 at 10:32 AM

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 2:15 PM
I love the icon, and the wages are decent, too! (I hate careers that start with you making $500 or more...on level 1!) I can't wait to see some of those chance cards.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 2:52 PM
Oooh, can't wait to use!

Let the music smother me
Whole weekend recovery
Dancing on a Friday night
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 4:29 PM
Looks great! I'll be keeping an eye out for it in the newspapers!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 8:43 PM
good work!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 11:32 PM
I love your careers! I can't wait to try this one. Thanks!!

When one must, one can.
Yiddish Proverb
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by girlinfour
I love your careers! I can't wait to try this one. Thanks!!

I also have a new one at sexysims2.com called the Player. It is a little on the adult side so do not say that I did not warn you. I use the same identity at that site as well (DarinClark2004.) I hope you enjoy that one as well but only if you are over the age of 18 and not offended by such material.
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 11:46 PM
Wow! Thanks for this.

It would be great too if you'd make a career for architects.

Thanks again!

"Buildings should serve the people, not the other way around."
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 11:07 PM
Great, I liked the career a lot, especially the description of the levels. It feels as if the job is alive, you can really make sense of what your character is doing, instead of imagining something in general.
There's just one thing that was mildly frustrating, that is, the descriptions are so long that I couldn't do anything with some job promotion descriptions once they appeared and had to wait till they disappear on their own. They didn't let me see what's on the right of the screen.
I realize it's possible to change the resolution, but my comp just won't handle higher resolutions that well with 7 people living in a huge house, etc.
Your other career on the adult site sounds really cool, too, I already downloaded it but haven't tried yet
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 2:11 AM Last edited by DarinClark2004 : 26th Sep 2008 at 8:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ViveaRu
Great, I liked the career a lot, especially the description of the levels. It feels as if the job is alive, you can really make sense of what your character is doing, instead of imagining something in general.
There's just one thing that was mildly frustrating, that is, the descriptions are so long that I couldn't do anything with some job promotion descriptions once they appeared and had to wait till they disappear on their own. They didn't let me see what's on the right of the screen.
I realize it's possible to change the resolution, but my comp just won't handle higher resolutions that well with 7 people living in a huge house, etc.
Your other career on the adult site sounds really cool, too, I already downloaded it but haven't tried yet
I am glad you have tried the other career to. When you get a promotion (or anytime for that matter) you can go to the career screen and click upon the level name. When you do a full description of the level will pop up so you can take your time and read it.
Thank you for liking how alive my level descriptions are. This career is a request and the descriptions are actually based upon someone we (the requester and I) both know.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 1:12 AM
I like this one and I can't wait to test it out! Thank you!
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 6:59 AM
Theres already a City Planner position in the level 10 position of Architecture field in Freetime.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1happiness
Theres already a City Planner position in the level 10 position of Architecture field in Freetime.

Yes, just like there is a artist major in university. The city planner level in Freetime is very specific, this version was made more vague to enable the position to be attained by non-architecture careers. Like in my town where the city planner got his start working on mainframes at HewletPackard.
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 2:46 PM
Thank you for this career. It has that realism-flair I like so much.
Great work with inquiries and implementation.
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 10:01 PM
Thanks alot!
Good for my busy high-flying simmies
:3
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 5:02 PM
As a city planning student (and hopefully future city planner), thank you for this awesome career. Like others have said, realistic and a lot more concrete than the game careers. I might just have to make a self sim now!
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 5:16 AM
just downloaded sounded a great idear so had to give it a try...little problem though i belive its conflicting with maybe another career iv got because every time i get a promotion it tells me i now earn -30,000 and got a bonus on 4,000 and my simolions dont change jus stays as it was...any idear whats could be the problem??

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our firends....
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 12:57 PM
Isn't city planner a job level with the Arcitec (lol sp?)
Good job anyway.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by userdaddy
just downloaded sounded a great idear so had to give it a try...little problem though i belive its conflicting with maybe another career iv got because every time i get a promotion it tells me i now earn -30,000 and got a bonus on 4,000 and my simolions dont change jus stays as it was...any idear whats could be the problem??

This careeris base game compatable with it's own GUID, it should not affect anything else in the game at all but, I have seens strange glitches happen every time I have got an expansion pack. Have you purchased any expansions lately or since the other career.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by andrewbyrner
Isn't city planner a job level with the Arcitec (lol sp?)
Good job anyway.

Yes, just like there is a artist major in university. The city planner level in Freetime is very specific, this version was made more vague to enable the position to be attained by non-architecture careers. Like in my actual town where the city planner got his start working on mainframes at HewletPackard.
Test Subject
#21 Old 15th May 2009 at 1:28 AM
Hi. I was wondering if there's a chance to get some of your older career's? I had them in my game, but when my computer "blew up" I had to have everything deleted to get it working again. It really sucked bad with all the work I put into the Sims 2. Slowly, I'm building back up my game and would love to use most of the career's you created. They worked really great and I trust 'em. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd May 2009 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by l_cox
Hi. I was wondering if there's a chance to get some of your older career's? I had them in my game, but when my computer "blew up" I had to have everything deleted to get it working again. It really sucked bad with all the work I put into the Sims 2. Slowly, I'm building back up my game and would love to use most of the career's you created. They worked really great and I trust 'em. Thanks.

Sure, just click upon my personal profile at this website an you will find all of my careers right there except "The Player" which can be found at sexysims2.com.
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 12:22 PM
This looks like a very cool concept. Too bad there isn't a Geography major at Uni to which you might link it. Also, just for your information, the term is actually Urban Planning. We did a great deal of work with this in Social Geography. Where I went to Uni, you could choose either Social or Physical Geography. ;-) Thanks for the hard work you put into developing this.

A rose by any other name is still someone surrounded by a bunch of pricks!

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.
You can give a person knowledge, but you cannot make them think!

The grass is always greener on the other side, because it's astroturf! -all by Heather Ceana
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heatherceana
This looks like a very cool concept. Too bad there isn't a Geography major at Uni to which you might link it. Also, just for your information, the term is actually Urban Planning. We did a great deal of work with this in Social Geography. Where I went to Uni, you could choose either Social or Physical Geography. ;-) Thanks for the hard work you put into developing this.

I just went with what they call this job title in my city. Sure there is an Urban Planner'sOffice for the county but the city representative has a different title here.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th May 2014 at 4:47 AM
This is awesome! Actually Heather, I'm an urban geography major and I've read and heard the "term" worded in different ways-- urban planning, city planning, metropolitan area planning--they're synonymous, they all mean the same thing. It's such a broad term that the field covers a wide range of concentrations i.e. transportation planners, land use planners etc. that I guess it can be a bit fuzzy... Anyway thank you Darin!
Page 1 of 2