Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

643 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 15 of 26
Test Subject
#351 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
In the bone morph tab, click the button for a new file. The root bone will appear in the bone list. Underneath, change the root bone to whatever bone you want to use. Change the numbers for offset, scale, and rotation. Offset = move a bone, scale = change size, rotation = rotate a bone. Vertices will move if they're assigned to the bone. Add another bone with the New Bone/Slot button.

The preview will show you how the mesh morphs, but I can't guarantee 100% accuracy plus it may not behave the same way in-game due to restrictions the game puts on the rig. You'll just have to experiment. Also the whole bone morph interface is a little crude and you may run into glitches in the interface I haven't been able to resolve.

Luumia has a good set of height sliders and presets you can use as examples. However, he was unable to make them for children and toddlers without severe distortion, so IMO this is a difficult project and no one will be able to help because as far as I know no one has done it successfully.
https://luumiasims.com/post/1748676...r-plus-moremore

redhead sims did it successfully actually
https://www.redheadsims-cc.com/2018...s-for-kids.html
https://www.redheadsims-cc.com/2018...ets-height.html
i just wanted to make some more variation without using the sliders
i was also trying to do some for the pets but had the same error
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#352 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 4:07 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 8th Dec 2020 at 4:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sdfghjwedfrghj
redhead sims did it successfully actually
https://www.redheadsims-cc.com/2018...s-for-kids.html
https://www.redheadsims-cc.com/2018...ets-height.html
i just wanted to make some more variation without using the sliders
i was also trying to do some for the pets but had the same error

Good, you can use those as a starting point - extract the bone morph, open it in the bone morph editor, and modify it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#353 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 4:43 PM
im having trouble getting it to actually show up in the game, im trying to do the cat one
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#354 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 8:19 AM
yay i got it working! bout to have massive maine con cats
Test Subject
#355 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 3:29 PM
Hey. I'm trying to make a slider, but when I click on the "Clone HotSpotControl" button, the program gives an error
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#356 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kenny McCormick
Hey. I'm trying to make a slider, but when I click on the "Clone HotSpotControl" button, the program gives an error

I haven't even had time to look at why the patch broke some sliders and presets yet. Give it some time.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#357 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 4:58 PM
I haven't even had time to look at why the patch broke some sliders and presets yet. Give it some time.

Thank you, I will look forward to!
Test Subject
#358 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 6:27 PM
Hey! I was wondering if it's possible to use your tool to hide the EA presets in the game, similar to how you can use Sim4Studio to hide hair, clothes, makeup, etc (here's is a reference: https://sims4studio.com/thread/5781...s-cas-catalogue)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#359 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lamplacity
Hey! I was wondering if it's possible to use your tool to hide the EA presets in the game, similar to how you can use Sim4Studio to hide hair, clothes, makeup, etc (here's is a reference: https://sims4studio.com/thread/5781...s-cas-catalogue)

Hair, clothes, etc. are defined by a completely different resource. However, you might be able to clone a default replacement of the preset and use the same technique of clearing all the age/gender flags so it doesn't show up for any sim. It should work but I've never tried it.

Test Subject
#360 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 7:52 PM
Hi, thank you for this awesome program! I just made my first body preset following this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It0...el=luLuc%C3%ADa

My preset doesn't show up in CAS, I don't really know what to do
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#361 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loldemort666
Hi, thank you for this awesome program! I just made my first body preset following this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It0...el=luLuc%C3%ADa

My preset doesn't show up in CAS, I don't really know what to do

According to the screenshot, you didn't enable it for either gender or either frame. You need to enable it for females and female frame, and optionally for males in female frame.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#362 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 10:42 PM
How do i download this im new to this whole thing
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#363 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaMunchies
How do i download this im new to this whole thing

When you click the Files tab you should see complete instructions.

Test Subject
#364 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 2:04 PM
According to the screenshot, you didn't enable it for either gender or either frame. You need to enable it for females and female frame, and optionally for males in female frame.

Ah, thank you I see . It works now!
Test Subject
#365 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 12:07 PM
Hi Cmar , than you for this great program .
I have some issues .
After creating dmaps , and exporting my whole sim from preview to check , some vertices on the x 0 axis are moving randomly

Sometimes others (like vertice on the mouth corner , eyebrow , when doing some lowerbody morphing )
And sometimes it create light grey shadow in blender object mode and dark in edit mode that are impossible to get rid off , thoses are coming when i export the "whole sim " from morphmaker .
I recalculated the normals Ctrl+N , doesn't work , but when i get rid of the blender's auto smooth , the shadow goes away but that is creating other problem in the game .
Screenshots
Test Subject
#366 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 12:54 PM
And here is the blender file .
Attached files:
File Type: rar  blender_file_back_problem.rar (137.5 KB, 5 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#367 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hokusai26
And here is the blender file .

Autosmooth is usually a bad idea. You didn't say which mesh you uploaded, so I took that and made a new DMap, used it in the previewer, exported the mesh, and they look identical to me outside of rounding errors. No random movements that I can see. Are you saying the mesh you exported from the preview is different from the morphed mesh you created and used to make the DMap?

I can't help you with Blender.

Please upload your base mesh, your morphed mesh that you used to make the DMap, and the mesh you exported from the preview; and please explain in more detail what vertices are moving and at what point the problem shows up.

Test Subject
#368 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 5:43 PM
Thank you for the quick reply .

In the file you have the morphed mesh ( cleaned version of the previous blender file i posted , right side only cleaned ofc )
the dmaps 1 and 2 and the exported sim from previewer .

All the bumps on the, hip area , side leg , on the shoulder , the clavicule hole ect are cleaned in the morphed mesh then come again in the exported sim from previewer .

Also all my middle section X : 0.000000 are clean in the morphed mesh then some move in the exported sim from previewer mesh , buttcrack , back especially .

I managed to limit the morphing damage from reading the previous post ; " moving vertices vertically can cause some bug "

So i copied the Y and X axis from the EA skintight into my morphed mesh around (2/3 vertices from X:0.00000 max)
the out of place X: 0.000000 axis area (back and buttcrack )and that helped to "release some pressure i would say .

I cant figure out what is the safe spot , how far can i morph , what is causing my mesh to move in some place , like the shoulder that is EA shape , so what is causing that .
Sorry for my bad English

thank you for helping me .
Attached files:
File Type: rar  CmarNYC_post.rar (583.1 KB, 1 downloads)
Test Subject
#369 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 5:52 PM
For the base mesh i dont remember wich one of the 2 i used , they are EA_skintight from morphmaker untouched .
Attached files:
File Type: rar  base_mesh.rar (136.8 KB, 1 downloads)
File Type: rar  base mesh 2.rar (136.8 KB, 3 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#370 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 7:28 PM
The base mesh i posted in the rar file is the morphed mesh sorry .
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#371 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 7:39 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 22nd Jan 2021 at 9:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by hokusai26
The base mesh i posted in the rar file is the morphed mesh sorry .

Okay. Again, if I use it to make a DMap and extract a morphed model using that DMap they look the same. I still don't see the problem.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see all your comments. BTW, the policy is to edit a comment that hasn't been responded to rather than to add more comments, maybe to prevent confusion.

Edit2: Sorry but I'm still not seeing it. If the 'BASE-MESH.obj' you uploaded is your morphed mesh, I still see only small differences between that and the one you exported from MorphMaker. DMap isn't as precise as other morph methods so you'll get those little differences, plus this tool undoubtedly introduces rounding errors etc. so it's not going to be exact. The game itself uses stitch data to match the seams because of this imprecision.

What do you mean you cleaned the mesh? I see the same bumps in your morphed mesh. Maybe you're seeing smoothing or something in Blender that doesn't get exported with the mesh? Have you tested in game?

Test Subject
#372 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 10:12 PM Last edited by hokusai26 : 22nd Jan 2021 at 10:34 PM.
Excuse me for my previous post , it wasn't clear at all .
For the "cleaning" it was , between the very first blender file i sent and the 2nd one , and not about blender smoothing tool .

I made another project just focus one vertice that is moving on the hip .
My question is , is there some rules i can follow to prevent that and to understand why it is happening .

edit: i think you already answered me .

"DMap isn't as precise as other morph methods so you'll get those little differences, plus this tool undoubtedly introduces rounding errors etc. so it's not going to be exact. The game itself uses stitch data to match the seams because of this imprecision."
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  CmarNYC_post.rar (545.8 KB, 0 downloads)
Test Subject
#373 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 9:27 PM
Default Preset
Cmar, after the skin updates, the option of Body Presets for Children and Toddler disappeared. What can I do to make these options come back again?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#374 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thiagomichel
Cmar, after the skin updates, the option of Body Presets for Children and Toddler disappeared. What can I do to make these options come back again?

You mean in the game? According to the release notes for the patch of 2/25, this was an EA bug that the patch fixed. And of course now the presets are in a separate button in the body panel.

Test Subject
#375 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 5:34 PM
Hey, I still can't create a preset or a slider
When I click "clone preset" or "clone slider", an error appears that does not allow me to do anything
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ????? ????????? ????????.txt (8.7 KB, 7 downloads)
Page 15 of 26