Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

642 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 18 of 26
Test Subject
#426 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 11:19 PM
Hey, I've been having a problem with thumbnails. My body preset work just fine but the thumbnail just refuses to show up on the game. I tried a lot of pictures and png's but it does not work. Can someone helpe me ?
Test Subject
#427 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 12:24 AM
Hi, i'm sorry if you don't know it but my male sims fuller lips locks down when i try to edit, i hope if i use this software mod i can be able to get rid of the glitch, but if you are aware of this glitch, do you know how to fix it ? Thank you https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...es/td-p/7198573

Ps : i already posted on this thread and no, it's not because of mod, i have this glitch since i bought the game and played without mods
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#428 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lyuck
Hey, I've been having a problem with thumbnails. My body preset work just fine but the thumbnail just refuses to show up on the game. I tried a lot of pictures and png's but it does not work. Can someone helpe me ?

Please upload the package.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#429 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 5:33 PM
Default Eye preset issues
Hi! I hope I'm at the right place to ask for help.

I tried to make a preset for a deformed burnt eye. I've never made a preset before, so I followed this tutorial.
Firstly I made a rough edit on the LOD0 (didn't touch the other eye), to test if it works. In blender it looked like this:
https://thumbs.modthesims.info/geti...hp?file=2046444
But in the game, it was quite strange.
I don't know why it made the eyes so big, and I tried edit it in vain, because it changed something in the eye structure so even the skindetail became different.
It also made an effect on the eyebrow.
https://thumbs.modthesims.info/geti...hp?file=2046445
I have no idea what to do with this.
Here are the files I used: https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...-dj?usp=sharing
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#430 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shiku
Hi! I hope I'm at the right place to ask for help.

I tried to make a preset for a deformed burnt eye. I've never made a preset before, so I followed this tutorial.
Firstly I made a rough edit on the LOD0 (didn't touch the other eye), to test if it works. In blender it looked like this:
https://thumbs.modthesims.info/geti...hp?file=2046444
But in the game, it was quite strange.
I don't know why it made the eyes so big, and I tried edit it in vain, because it changed something in the eye structure so even the skindetail became different.
It also made an effect on the eyebrow.
https://thumbs.modthesims.info/geti...hp?file=2046445
I have no idea what to do with this.
Here are the files I used: https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...-dj?usp=sharing

I tested by making a preset with an empty morph that makes no changes, and apparently that's just the base size and shape of the eye with no preset applied. It looks a bit different from the mesh to me, but it's hard to tell and maybe the game applies a default morph to the face that reshapes it before the presets are applied. You'll have to shape the other eye to look the way you want. If you want to have the deformed eye without affecting the other eye you'd be better off with a slider.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#431 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 11:43 PM
I looked in a place that seemed to have a tutorial, but the tutorial did not tell me about the "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error. I read the thread, and it says to export from Blender with
Write Normals, Include UVs, and Keep Vertex Order enabled. I can export an unaltered obj without causing an error. However, if I make any change at all in Edit Mode, it results in the error.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#432 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rbx4
I looked in a place that seemed to have a tutorial, but the tutorial did not tell me about the "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error. I read the thread, and it says to export from Blender with
Write Normals, Include UVs, and Keep Vertex Order enabled. I can export an unaltered obj without causing an error. However, if I make any change at all in Edit Mode, it results in the error.

Did you change ONLY the positions and normals of vertices? Please upload your base and morphed meshes.

Test Subject
#433 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 11:56 PM Last edited by rbx4 : 28th Sep 2021 at 12:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Did you change ONLY the positions and normals of vertices? Please upload your base and morphed meshes.

I am a complete novice in Blender. All I did was go into Edit mode, switched the mouse to Transform, and moved a vertex slightly. I don't have any idea how to change or how to only change positions and normals.

Just saying, it took me 3 hours just to figure out how to get into Edit mode and move a vertex. Therefore, my question is this: how do you change anything at all without breaking the export?

I used the guide here: https://simscommunity.info/2018/07/...s-4-morphmaker/

although what it describes in Blender is often not what I see. For instance, I do not see any Grab method in Edit Mode. *All right, the G key does work. However, the export will not work after that. Also, how do I upload obj files here? They are not simple image files, and Attachments won't accept them.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#434 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 12:07 AM
I am a complete novice in Blender. All I did was go into Edit mode, switched the mouse to Transform, and moved a vertex slightly. I don't have any idea how to change or how to only change positions and normals.

Just saying, it took me 3 hours just to figure out how to get into Edit mode and move a vertex. Therefore, my question is this: how do you change anything at all without breaking the export?

I used the guide here: https://simscommunity.info/2018/07/...s-4-morphmaker/

although what it describes in Blender is often not what I see. For instance, I do not see any Grab method in Edit Mode.

I'm sorry, but I really can't help with Blender. For me it's incredibly non-intuitive and extremely difficult to learn, and I hate it. The tutorials often assume you already know how to use it, and if you're not using the same exact version as the tutorial you'll be lost. All I can suggest is to try it again, or use something easier like Milkshape.

Test Subject
#435 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 12:51 AM Last edited by rbx4 : 28th Sep 2021 at 1:10 AM.
I'm sorry, but I really can't help with Blender. For me it's incredibly non-intuitive and extremely difficult to learn, and I hate it. The tutorials often assume you already know how to use it, and if you're not using the same exact version as the tutorial you'll be lost. All I can suggest is to try it again, or use something easier like Milkshape.

So getting started on Milkshape, it almost looked like I was getting somewhere, but even though I had Ignore Backfaces checked, it still selects the backfaces. If it wasn't for that, I could get somewhere.

For posterity: the answer to my question is: Right click the main viewport and switch it to some Projection other than 3D.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#436 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 1:50 AM
So getting started on Milkshape, it almost looked like I was getting somewhere, but even though I had Ignore Backfaces checked, it still selects the backfaces. If it wasn't for that, I could get somewhere.

For posterity: the answer to my question is: Right click the main viewport and switch it to some Projection other than 3D.

Yeah, I just select vertices instead of faces.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#437 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 1:23 PM
Update with Milkshape: everything is great! Export works fine in MorphMaker, and I have already made a package that works in-game. The online guide to MorphMaker is confusing, but eventually I sorted it out. Just to be clear: It selects backfaces in 3D projection even with vertices. If I select one vertex on the side of the body, I am also likely to select something accidentally on the other side of the body or on the leg.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#438 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 7:01 PM
Update with Milkshape: everything is great! Export works fine in MorphMaker, and I have already made a package that works in-game. The online guide to MorphMaker is confusing, but eventually I sorted it out. Just to be clear: It selects backfaces in 3D projection even with vertices. If I select one vertex on the side of the body, I am also likely to select something accidentally on the other side of the body or on the leg.

You're right. I'm just so used to deselecting the back vertices when working with Milkshape that it's second nature.

Test Subject
#439 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 4:38 AM
Hey cmarnyc, I was wondering how I would "expand" the range of an existing slider, not make a new slider. Specifically one for dogs in sims 4. Basically I want to edit all body and face/head sliders on dogs to go however high or low I want them. Any idea how I could do that?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#440 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasma-tree
Hey cmarnyc, I was wondering how I would "expand" the range of an existing slider, not make a new slider. Specifically one for dogs in sims 4. Basically I want to edit all body and face/head sliders on dogs to go however high or low I want them. Any idea how I could do that?

As I explained in pm, the only mods I've seen doing this either use data resources which I haven't worked with, or replace the actual morph resources. I'm going to consider some kind of morph resource multiplying tool, either stand-alone or as part of MorphMaker, but that'll take time.

Test Subject
#441 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 2:58 PM
Hello,

i downloaded the fit and heavy EA DMap zip from post #103, but i think, something isn´t right. I opened one of the package-files in S4PE , but it looked very different from your screenshot at post #105. Do i need some special settings for S4PE or another version or something?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg  s4pe_1.jpg (779.4 KB, 12 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#442 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zel1302
Hello,

i downloaded the fit and heavy EA DMap zip from post #103, but i think, something isn´t right. I opened one of the package-files in S4PE , but it looked very different from your screenshot at post #105. Do i need some special settings for S4PE or another version or something?

That display is totally wrong and doesn't even recognize the DMap file type. I can only guess you're using a very old version of s4pe.

Test Subject
#443 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 4:45 PM Last edited by zel1302 : 12th Nov 2021 at 6:21 PM.
I took the first in google search.
Do i need microsoft visual studio? It was mentioned somewhere.

EDIT:

Jep, was an old version. vers. 0.6.0 looks better

Thanks for the fast help!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#444 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zel1302
sry for the doublepost, i´ll delete it later

i have a little request:
there are the files for the EA fit and heavy dmaps ; could you post the lean and bony dmaps too, please?

Ugh, I made a package and MTS won't let me upload it here. Please try extracting them yourself as described below, if you have problems I'll upload the package somewhere else for you.

You can easily extract them yourself now. In MorphMaker go to the Search Game Morphs / Search DMaps tab, in the upper left select the physique you want, click the Extract button for the shape DMap you want and it'll find the normals and prompt you to save both of them. Then just drop them into a package using s4pe.

Test Subject
#445 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 9:33 PM
It works
Thank you once again
Top Secret Researcher
#446 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 7:30 PM
HI Cmar I am completely stuck! I am trying to create an ear slider that allows the whole ear to move up and down but I think when I do the hotspot control it is NOT working right because I guess idk what I am doing wrong? I followed your tutorial, and I wanted to make it all custom, but I did try it as a default too and it still isn't working in game. But it worked in one section of morphmaker's preview one time but never in game. So idk.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ClaudiaSharon_EarsSlidersUPDOWN.zip (730 Bytes, 1 downloads)
Description: my file
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#447 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
HI Cmar I am completely stuck! I am trying to create an ear slider that allows the whole ear to move up and down but I think when I do the hotspot control it is NOT working right because I guess idk what I am doing wrong? I followed your tutorial, and I wanted to make it all custom, but I did try it as a default too and it still isn't working in game. But it worked in one section of morphmaker's preview one time but never in game. So idk.

Your DMaps are empty, with no morph data - maybe you used the same mesh for the base and morph meshes, but that's just a guess. Also the back view appears as part of the first set of morphs in the hotspot and again separately but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

IMO a BGEO morph would be a better choice for this kind of human head slider - it's more accurate and I think could be used for both males and females.

Test Subject
#448 Old 14th Dec 2021 at 8:40 PM Last edited by kara : 14th Dec 2021 at 9:25 PM.
Hi there Cmar! I've been using your tool happily and everything had been going quite well during the process of making some presets. I noticed though that the method used to extract an EA texture from a preset (in this case a Chin preset) that you offered a few years ago has not been working for me in the same way. This was done through cloning a sculpt and selecting the preset/sculpt to extract from. The BGEOM is able to be extracted without issue, however when extracting the texture it gives me problems. I tried both running it with and without administrator, to no avail:

Further, attempting to preview the sculpt for any issues before extracting just gives me an exception error (below):

Please let me know if you have any ideas or troubleshooting tips so I can make sure the presets are looking their best for their release.
Thank you Cmar! Keep up the great work!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#449 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kara
Hi there Cmar! I've been using your tool happily and everything had been going quite well during the process of making some presets. I noticed though that the method used to extract an EA texture from a preset (in this case a Chin preset) that you offered a few years ago has not been working for me in the same way. This was done through cloning a sculpt and selecting the preset/sculpt to extract from. The BGEOM is able to be extracted without issue, however when extracting the texture it gives me problems. I tried both running it with and without administrator, to no avail:

Further, attempting to preview the sculpt for any issues before extracting just gives me an exception error (below):

Please let me know if you have any ideas or troubleshooting tips so I can make sure the presets are looking their best for their release.
Thank you Cmar! Keep up the great work!

I never updated this tool for the change to LRLE format for these sculpt textures, so it's choking on the empty RLE textures EA left behind. I'll work on a new version. And I'm amazed no one brought this up before.

Test Subject
#450 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 3:28 PM
I never updated this tool for the change to LRLE format for these sculpt textures, so it's choking on the empty RLE textures EA left behind. I'll work on a new version. And I'm amazed no one brought this up before.

Thank you for the quick response, Cmar!
Yeaaaah, I suppose it was that skin update's doing, but really, I can't thank you enough for kindly updating it to support the new format.

I wonder why nobody hadn't brought it up either, especially because some of the default definitions for presets aren't exactly the best.

Cheers!
Page 18 of 26