Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gardening for All Seasons

by gettp Posted 27th Jun 2020 at 6:05 PM - Updated 28th Mar 2024 at 11:23 PM by gettp

128 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 61 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 8:21 PM
Thanks for this mod! It will be nice to be able to have an all year growing season.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 9:18 PM
Great! Normally I play with this kind of mod from another mod creator BUT your version including the Basil and Sage bug is perfect. So I will give it a try. Many thanks for sharing and best regards from Austria

Eve
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyeve
Great! Normally I play with this kind of mod from another mod creator BUT your version including the Basil and Sage bug is perfect. So I will give it a try. Many thanks for sharing and best regards from Austria

Yea, I know about hers. There is also another mod that fixes the shrinking plant bug. Problem is, those two mods aren't compatible with each other since they both change the same thing. Mine gives both in one!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 1:25 PM
Oh I think I might love you a little bit! lol It's always irritated me with the seasonal stuff, but I never even thought about looking for a cheat for it. Thank you.xx
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 3:39 PM
Awesome! Thanks For Sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 3:46 PM
Looking forward to using this..thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 3:49 PM
OMG, thank you so much! I've been looking for this mod, and have been very unsuccessful! I love to garden in my sims game (probably because I suck at it in real life LOL)... And this will be so helpful! You rock! :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 6:06 PM
Thank you so much! I was yesterday-old when I encountered the "shrink" bug - but it was incredibly frequent, driving me nuts. And lo, today I discover your solution!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 8:47 PM
I haven't bought Seasons yet because I didn't want to limit my harvest season. This has fixed that problem for me. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 9:41 PM
I was just thinking, "gee! I sure do wish there was a mod for this!"... and lo and behold! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 7:18 AM
The mod is good, but why no one can make a version when all the plants grow and yield crops only in spring, summer and autumn, and dormant in winter?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 10:05 PM
I start placing my plants in covered spaces/greenhouses so they'd be sheltered and not have to worry about optimum growing seasons so this mod is perfect!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by electricguest
I start placing my plants in covered spaces/greenhouses so they'd be sheltered and not have to worry about optimum growing seasons so this mod is perfect!

It's actually better because sheltered plants actually spawn less fruit. You'll get bigger harvests on most plants being non-sheltered!

(Only exception is the Money Tree, which actually has Bigger harvests while sheltered)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 4:28 AM Last edited by lady_coelura : 13th Jul 2020 at 6:38 AM.
Thank you so much for this, I hate fighting with the season shifts especially since Eco came out and gardening is so messed up now.

Edit: So I started my game up and all plants are good (though several did drop back to soil plots) but the one I'm noticing not being effected is the Mandrake & Valerian root. It still says Fall/Spring only.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 2:31 AM Last edited by gettp : 14th Jul 2020 at 12:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lady_coelura
So I started my game up and all plants are good (though several did drop back to soil plots) but the one I'm noticing not being effected is the Mandrake & Valerian root. It still says Fall/Spring only.

Looks like there are two versions of the mandrake and valerian. A "Bush" and a "Flower"??? I had only added one of them. I added the second versions also and tested. It's working fine now.

Thanks for the help!
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 11:33 AM
Mod is causing an Exception at startup. Also Lemon & Apple trees have reverted back to just planted. This is the only gardening mod I have installed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by remel
Mod is causing an Exception at startup. Also Lemon & Apple trees have reverted back to just planted. This is the only gardening mod I have installed.

It's not possible for this mod to cause an exception. It has no scripts and adds nothing new. It simply changes existing numbers to different ones in the tuning files. I've also been using it myself for over a year and have never had any problems.

As for the second issue of plants reverting back to dirt piles, that's a known bug in the game. See here: EA Answers

I've been testing the second problem for two days straight and have not been able to reproduce it. It's never happened to me, but a lot of other users are reporting it. I just have no clue what's causing it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 3:55 PM
Grazie 1000, odiavo aspettare la stagione per le altre piante.. ;-P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 7:50 AM
This mod has made gardening more bearable for me again. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 2:38 AM
Thanks so much! The basil reverting back was bugging me so much. And gardening year-round is so convenient! Thanks for all your hard work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 9:08 PM
gracias esto es genial podías considerar agregar las cosechas personalizadas de munmun??
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 7:27 PM
I prefer the seasonal harvest, it's more realistic. Also, if you want to be able to harvest all season, just put one of each plant in a green house so that when the outside ones are dormant you'll still have hothouse produce from those plants.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 4:07 PM Last edited by gettp : 19th Feb 2021 at 12:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171
I prefer the seasonal harvest, it's more realistic. Also, if you want to be able to harvest all season, just put one of each plant in a green house so that when the outside ones are dormant you'll still have hothouse produce from those plants.

Problem with that is most plants have between 25 to 50% smaller harvests when "Sheltered".

BTW... why are you here then?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 8:29 PM Last edited by gettp : 10th Nov 2020 at 10:23 PM.
For those anxious for this mod, I'm currently working on an update.

Update:

Mod has been updated for today's patch!
Page 1 of 6