Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gardening for All Seasons

by gettp Posted 27th Jun 2020 at 6:05 PM - Updated 28th Mar 2024 at 11:23 PM by gettp

128 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 61 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lezibeth
I don't see the file for Cats / Dogs in the zip... can it be added?

There is no need. The only plants included in Cats & Dogs are the Catnip, Madnip, and Nuzzlenip plants. They are already configured to grow in ALL seasons and I don't have to change it. Out of the 155 growable plants, 39 of them are already configured to grow in all seasons by default.

There is a file for Cats & Dogs in the 11am edition. Not to change them to grow in all seasons, but to change the spawn time to 11am.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 10:09 AM
when will this be updated with the new plants?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 1:17 AM
Thank you so much for this, I just installed it and couldn't believe the colour of my garden in cottage living. and the harvest was enormous as I've got a 64x64 Lot. I have so many plants and it's hard work, but this mod makes it more worth the effort and time! Absolutely amazing! <3
Field Researcher
#54 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 4:04 PM
@gettp: Do you plan on getting Cottage Living and updating this mod to include plants added with that pack? This was my go-to mod for gardening all year, but I've removed it since Cottage Living came out. I've found another mod that works, includes COL plants, AND gives 10 harvestables, even with sheltered plants. I would like to use your mod again, if and when you ever get COL.

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 10:59 AM
Does this clash with a faster harvesting mod that I have? I've noticed that it's no longer giving me plants everyday. Or is it recent updates! I also have Cottage Living and it was fine and working for me till a few days ago. Thank you. xox
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 1:36 AM Last edited by gettp : 12th Sep 2021 at 5:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lostie2
Does this clash with a faster harvesting mod that I have? I've noticed that it's no longer giving me plants everyday. Or is it recent updates! I also have Cottage Living and it was fine and working for me till a few days ago. Thank you. xox

I don't know since I have no idea what mod you have.

The current version here is compatible with the current patch. As it says on the front page.
Test Subject
#57 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 10:35 PM
Thanks, I'll remove the quicker harvasting mod and see what happens!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 7:03 PM
Removed the faster gardening mod by Scumbumbo, but still not harvests. I must have a bug in my save, so I'll have to live with it, as my sims have a lot genealogy. It was great until the most recent update. This is not a complaint. no! no! no! just to let you know my experiences incase anyone else runs into the same problem. . Appreciate all you mods and hard work!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gettp
The current version here is compatible with the current patch. As it says on the front page.

I don't think the update took. My Cottage Living plants still do not grow year round.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lostie2
Removed the faster gardening mod by Scumbumbo, but still not harvests.

None of my mods will interfere with that mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AuroraRayne
I don't think the update took. My Cottage Living plants still do not grow year round.

My mod is compatible with the current patch, but does not support cottage living as I do not have that pack.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 4:37 AM
My mod is compatible with the current patch, but does not support cottage living as I do not have that pack.

Thank you. I did not know you did not have cottage living. I appreciate your hard work on this mod and am looking forward to the update if you ever get that EP. (btw, it is a pretty cool ep)
Test Subject
#63 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 7:06 PM
Cottage is out tho... and they have raspberry and blueberry. Will you provide us with that too?

It's still quite expensive now, so I'll wait a bit until they can give more generous sale on that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 3:26 PM
I have cottage living, but still can't harvest all year round in sulani, normal plants like veg, fruit, flowers etc. Not sure what's causing it. All I can think of is that all these updates we've had of late may have caused this to stop working. But thank you for your hard work. Such a great idea!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#65 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 11:21 PM
Added support for Cottage Living. The 6 different new mushrooms, blueberry, raspberry, and chocoberry. None of the new "Oversized" plants are seasonal so I didn't need to include them.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#66 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 9:03 AM
Thank you very much for this update, @gettp and lovely regards from Austria
Test Subject
#67 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 7:23 AM
i tested the mod with just mccc in my game and also waiting till 5am in case i needed the plant to bloom by itself first. i found that spawn fruit was missing when i shift clicked and all my other mod are up to date. is anyone having this problem?
Test Subject
#68 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 6:48 PM
I just took out the old version of this and installed the updated one, the 11am merged edition. When I loaded the game, I immediately received a LastException, which said that there was bad tuning with the mod. I've removed it for now; not bothered by it currently as the Sims in my current save aren't gardeners. But I did find it useful in my other saves where I do have gardeners. Anyone else with this issue?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyHenley
I just took out the old version of this and installed the updated one, the 11am merged edition. When I loaded the game, I immediately received a LastException, which said that there was bad tuning with the mod. I've removed it for now; not bothered by it currently as the Sims in my current save aren't gardeners. But I did find it useful in my other saves where I do have gardeners. Anyone else with this issue?

I've been playing with it for the past three days with no issues. Try clearing your cache files.

If you still have it, PM me the LE.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rose.halliwell
i tested the mod with just mccc in my game and also waiting till 5am in case i needed the plant to bloom by itself first. i found that spawn fruit was missing when i shift clicked and all my other mod are up to date. is anyone having this problem?

The spawn fruit cheat in the game has never worked. At least it never worked for me.

If your game is missing the cheat menus, then you'll need to look into your mods. GFAS certainly doesn't touch the game's menus.

This is a Tuning mod, not a script mod.
Test Subject
#71 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 9:21 PM
I've been playing with it for the past three days with no issues. Try clearing your cache files.

If you still have it, PM me the LE.

Still getting it unfortunately. The LE file is huge and I can't see any way of adding a file to a PM.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyHenley
Still getting it unfortunately. The LE file is huge and I can't see any way of adding a file to a PM.

Well, without the LE, I can't help.

If you're using the merged package, are you SURE you have all the DLCs listed:
Get To Work
Cats & Dogs
Cottage Living
Seasons
Island Living
ECO Lifestyle
Outdoor Retreat
Vampires
Jungle Adventure
Realm Of Magic

You must have them all in order to use the merged package. You could very well get an LE if you're missing any.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#73 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 7:04 PM
Thanks so much for this great mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 6:11 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#75 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 2:48 PM
Hey, is it possible to have an option for plants to not grow harvestables while they're not in-season, but still grow to "mature"? I've been trying to find a mod that fixes the age-old "plants reverting back to dirt piles" bug, but so far I haven't found anything.

I quite like the changes this mod makes, but I also like the seasonality. I just don't like that planted trees and bushes fall over and die whenever they're out of season.
Page 3 of 6