Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gardening for All Seasons

by gettp Posted 27th Jun 2020 at 6:05 PM - Updated 28th Mar 2024 at 11:23 PM by gettp

128 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 61 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 1:42 PM Last edited by gettp : 1st Mar 2022 at 4:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by StarInterloper
Hey, is it possible to have an option for plants to not grow harvestables while they're not in-season, but still grow to "mature"? I've been trying to find a mod that fixes the age-old "plants reverting back to dirt piles" bug, but so far I haven't found anything. I quite like the changes this mod makes, but I also like the seasonality. I just don't like that planted trees and bushes fall over and die whenever they're out of season.

Yes, its possible to have plants stay full-size but not spawn fruit. Plants have three states, InSeason, OutOfSeason, and Dormant. Dormant is when plants revert normally to dirt piles. You can just swap any "Dormant" to "Out of Season" and they'll stay full size but not spawn fruit during their off-season.

However, doing that will NOT fix the reversion bug you're referring to. My mod keeps them full size but is still susceptible to the reversion bug.

As far as I know, the whole reversion bug is totally random. I have never been able to figure out what is triggering it. There is absolutely NO commonality when they revert. If there were, I would have fixed it.

It's possible to make harvests work seasonally, but I'm not going to do it. It would completely defeat the purpose of why I made the mod in the first place.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 17th Mar 2022 at 10:58 AM
Hello thanks for the mod. I already have a all year plants mod but have the problem that plants at the science lab dont produce haverstable. Can i still download the 11AM file seperatly without conflicting?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#78 Old 17th Mar 2022 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PreCiious
Hello thanks for the mod. I already have a all year plants mod but have the problem that plants at the science lab dont produce haverstable. Can i still download the 11AM file seperatly without conflicting?

I appreciate it!

It WILL conflict with your other "all year plants" mod. There's NO WAY to separate the 11am feature from the "all year" feature as they are both in the same tuning files. If it were possible to separate them, I would have made the 11am feature a separate mod that way I would only have to update 2 mods instead of four on patch day.

If you want them to grow at 11am, you will need to remove your other all year plants mod and run GFAS-11am.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 4:21 PM
Thank you so much! I appreciate your wonderful brain and amazing skill! I hate the weird seemingly random season assignments! If they wanted to limit us, why not have them grow as they do in RL? no harvest til summer and/or fall and dormant in winter with an option for tropical plants to have a second harvest in winter? What they did was just so ungainly and inconvenient... like many weird choices they have made.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#80 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 9:35 PM
Just an FYI... The latest update moved the Wolfsbane plant that originally came with the Vampires pack over to base game. This plant was already set up to grow in all seasons. And since this plant's configuration hasn't changed at all, only moved from Vampires to base-game, it only affected the GFAS 11am edition Separate Packages pack.

So, if you are using the GFAS 11am Separate Packages edition, you'll want to download the new 1.5.1 update.

For All others, you're still good-to-go!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 10:36 PM
Thank you so much for this!
Test Subject
#82 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 11:12 PM
I'm trying to download the 1.5.1 versions, specifically the merged versions, but it looks like they are missing. I only see the "1.5.1 11am Separate Packages". Do you also have the merged packages for 11am and 5am?
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 6:00 PM
I like to use the 5am mod but my plants keep resetting, removing it until hopefully it gets updated.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smokey
I like to use the 5am mod but my plants keep resetting, removing it until hopefully it gets updated.

That's a bug in the game. Been there for years. Unfortunately my mod doesn't fix the bug:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...0475991#M188190
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#85 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jrrt1459
I'm trying to download the 1.5.1 versions, specifically the merged versions, but it looks like they are missing. I only see the "1.5.1 11am Separate Packages". Do you also have the merged packages for 11am and 5am?

Read the post two posts above yours.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 4:40 AM
Game changer! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 22nd Feb 2023 at 7:52 PM
I keep seeing a few of my plants drop to soil plots and say out of season even with this mod. So far I've seen Dragonfruit, Onion, Snowdrop, Lily and Tulips do this. I can use testing cheats to fix it but thought I'd pass it along. I dont have any other plant mods except one to stop uprooting.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#88 Old 4th Mar 2023 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lady_coelura
I keep seeing a few of my plants drop to soil plots and say out of season even with this mod. So far I've seen Dragonfruit, Onion, Snowdrop, Lily and Tulips do this. I can use testing cheats to fix it but thought I'd pass it along. I dont have any other plant mods except one to stop uprooting.

Read the post 3 posts above yours.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#89 Old 15th Mar 2023 at 7:54 PM
Version 1.6 - Updated GFAS for Sims 4 version 1.96.365
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 11:36 PM
Thank you so much for updating, I absolutely have to have this mod!
Test Subject
#91 Old 20th Mar 2023 at 11:13 PM
This mod isn't working for me for some reason, and I don't have any other mods which do the same thing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 22nd Mar 2023 at 9:57 PM
This mod is essential for my gameplay. Thanks for updating it. <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#93 Old 25th Mar 2023 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hitmontop16
This mod isn't working for me for some reason, and I don't have any other mods which do the same thing.

I would need quite a bit more information than simply "It doesn't work"
Test Subject
#94 Old 27th Mar 2023 at 12:03 AM
What I mean is the mod does absolutely nothing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#95 Old 27th Mar 2023 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hitmontop16
What I mean is the mod does absolutely nothing.

What version(s) did you install?
Where did you install it?
Do you have other mods that do the same thing?
Where are they installed in relation to mine? Is there an overrides folder?
Did you 50/50 your mods?
Did you try GFAS by itself?
Did you delete your cache files like you're supposed to?
Did you update ALL your other mods?

More info please. "It don't work" tells me nothing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#96 Old 1st Apr 2023 at 11:56 AM
Hi:

Does this mod do the same has Robin All Years plants? i mean, i checked the files you have and Robin includes all the festival plants and i dont see anything about this in your mod. Do you include ALL the plants from ALL the actually packs also the festival ones? (i dont know if it suppose to affect too to CC plants or it depends of the CC creator include all year or some seasons? Thanks so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 12th Apr 2023 at 1:28 PM
Thank you so much for making this mod, I'm currently obsessed with my sim living in the tropical region of Sulani. Finally, with this mod, the plants in my garden can be harvested in all seasons.
Test Subject
#98 Old 12th Jun 2023 at 6:48 PM
Hello @gettp.

Would it be possible to make a standalone mod that only changes the hour fruits spawn to 11AM withouth the seasons part?
I don't really want to change how seasonal plants are, just the hour itself.

Sorry to bother.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#99 Old 15th Jun 2023 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lix
Does this mod do the same has Robin All Years plants? Do you include ALL the plants from ALL the actually packs also the festival ones?

I have no idea if it does the same as some other mod because it's guaranteed to conflict.

Version 1.7 added all of the festival plants, so that's (as of this date), every single plant in the game. All 194 of them.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#100 Old 16th Jun 2023 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gettp
I have no idea if it does the same as some other mod because it's guaranteed to conflict.

Version 1.7 added all of the festival plants, so that's (as of this date), every single plant in the game. All 194 of them.

Thanks so much for including the festival ones too! :D
Page 4 of 6