Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 8:00 AM
Default TS1 modding - How to give relationship points?
Hi there, I'm currently making a shower with woohoo (nothing 18+...) actions which has been successful. But I'm struggling at the moment for both sims to get a relationship points after use...

If there's any advanced Sim 1 modders left out there can you offer any help? I can even send over my object if you want to look into it or fix my attempt at relationship gain, thanks.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 7:25 PM
I am a Sims 1 modder, but certainly not an advanced one. But since you didn't get any other responses, I opened up the heart bed and looked at the BHAVs. In the heart bed, BHAV#4207 increases the relationship between the two people. I'm guessing you tried importing that into your shower and calling it after the woohoo? What happens then?

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 1:58 AM
I didn't know the heart bed gave relationship points... but it does without giving the icon above the sims heads... wish I knew before hand. My object pretty much the tent made into a single tile dressed up as a shower with the clothing booth animations. I try slapping the BHAV#4207 on but nothing, it functions but no relationship gain.

Also... do you know if stack object attribute can go above 9? or if theres anything else that acts like stack object attribute I can use? I also added upgrades like in the sims 3 being self cleaning, unbreakable etc.. but noticed most stack object attributes was used in the woohoo actions.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerAl
Also... do you know if stack object attribute can go above 9? or if theres anything else that acts like stack object attribute I can use? I also added upgrades like in the sims 3 being self cleaning, unbreakable etc.. but noticed most stack object attributes was used in the woohoo actions.

I don't know how high the stack object attribute can go, but I'd think it would be fairly easy to try a higher number and see if it works...

Best of luck!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Jan 2023 at 2:24 AM
Object attributes can go above 9. However, each object has a declared number of attributes in the OBJD and you can't go hire than that number (minus one). Remember an object will reserve (as an example) 12 attributes in memory, but number them zero through eleven.

I'm not sure how high the number is but I suspect you can go at least as high as 32,768. I believe it is stored as a 16 bit integer so you could perhaps go as high as 65,535. However, when that leading bit in set it seems to interpret the number as being negative in some contexts and I'm not sure how it might handle that in that context. Additionally, I can think of no good reason for an object to need that many attributes and even my safer estimate of 32,768 would be very poor memory management for an object.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Jan 2023 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerAl
Hi there, I'm currently making a shower with woohoo (nothing 18+...) actions which has been successful. But I'm struggling at the moment for both sims to get a relationship points after use...

If there's any advanced Sim 1 modders left out there can you offer any help? I can even send over my object if you want to look into it or fix my attempt at relationship gain, thanks.

Hii!
First I must say I love your new items and thank you so much for making them!

To add relationship points you need to add in BHAV a new command:

You can download it from here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dn06...AV5000.iff/file
There are 2 lines there
Line 0 -with VAr 0 - is the upper relationship line of the sims
Line 4 - with Var 2 - is the bottom line of relationship between sims

The game deals with them separately always

I suggest you make it a separate BHAV (for example now its numbred 5000) and then after sims finish wohoo it will go to 5000 as an inner command
I just not sure if it will detect the sims by "neighbor" (what is written on the BHAV on the 2 last lines)
I will try maybe to figure it out if I had the time..
But I did saw that the relationship increased when sims wooho in bed.

Attributes- Yes you can make more then 9 attributes as damondamore said - This is how I made my hacked fridge
You need to go first to Object's OBJD and go the the line where is written "Number of attribute"
You must set the number there first.

If you want you can see how I made it in my hacked fridge here hacked fridge
I actually used attributes 61+ and 90+ and it worked perfectly.