Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Death Career

by stevekills.com Posted 8th Feb 2006 at 9:27 PM - Updated 3rd Aug 2006 at 9:05 AM by stevekills.com : Renewed Interest

133 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 128 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 6
Test Subject
#101 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:03 PM
hi...my name is elena i'm italian ^^ :D
Test Subject
#102 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:57 PM
Unfortunately it overwrites my Science Career, too. It's a pity, because I was very anxious to test your Death Career.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 9:17 PM Last edited by Effelenn : 14th Jan 2012 at 5:43 AM.
I've downloaded the second version and am in the process of testing it. I have the base game, and my Science Career is not "overwritten", nor did the Death career replace it. It's just been deleted. I played two families in a row where both the mother and the father had the Science career, and all four Sims said that they were unemployed. When I looked at there memories, the promotion ones where still there, but there was no career icon.

Also, the career cards do not work. I only got one so far, and all it said was "death level 4", and the options were "death level 4", "death level 4", and "Ignore". After clicking one of the "death level 4" options, I got another card that just said "death level 4".

Oh, and I think it would make more sense if you replaced Funeral Parlor Lawn Mower with Grave Yard Yawn Mower. It makes more sense, and at least they're completely surrounded by death on the job.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 1:09 AM
Test Subject
#105 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 8:13 PM
What's the difference between the two uploaded files, except for one having the file name including stevekilsdotcom?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#106 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 12:11 AM
[QUOTE=swiftstick]What's the difference between the two uploaded files, except for one having the file name including stevekilsdotcom?[/QUOTE

The second file is non-ep compatible, as the first one required a degree, since I based it off of the Paranormal Career. Unfortunately, the second one overwrites the science career track. Still working on the whole thing. Very close though.

Ah yes, the sims... 90% creating, 8% testing and 2% actually playing the game.
Test Subject
#107 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 7:28 AM
You've been watching "Family Guy" haven't you Steve? lol..

Despite all my rage,I'm still just a rat in a cage..
"Bullet With Butterfly Wings"-Smashing Pumpkins
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 9:38 AM Last edited by Blacksmith2 : 27th Oct 2006 at 4:29 AM.
oh it deleted the science career! UGH and in the only house i WANT THE DEATH CAREER IN is also the one i want for science. any solutions!!
DEATH career great idea!
Test Subject
#109 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 5:12 PM Last edited by TheSmi : 6th Feb 2007 at 8:35 PM.
It's a shame this overwrites the science career because one of my favourite sims' father is a Mad Scientist and the whole of that family's story is based around him being a Mad Scientist! He can't just suddenly become Death!

The trouble is... my other favourite Sim practically IS death and now I've discovered this carreer there is no way he could live without it!

So, I absolutely BEG you to fix this problem! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEE!!!

No Gabriel, No Hackett, NO GENESIS!
Test Subject
#110 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 6:27 PM
This is just what I have been looking for! My Death sim will be very happy! Or maybe not, he's been in the cooking career 'tiil now! (People who have read 'Mort' by Terry Pratchett (spelling?) will get my joke)
Test Subject
#111 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 9:27 PM Last edited by spacehead : 29th Dec 2006 at 2:36 AM.
I got the Pets EP and now it doesn't work anymore.

Edit: Just kidding, but I discovered only adults can have this job, and not my teens. Bleh.
Test Subject
#112 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 6:23 AM
When I saw this career, I knew I had to have it-Thanks! It showed up in game in the newspaper without a hitch. I found out that if you reinstall a disk like family fun stuff or glamor stuff, you'll get your science career back. Of course it will then overwrite the death career, and then you'll have to reinstall it to get that back. The career has played wonderfully up until now, as I am now an undertaker. Only problem is that I have been an undertaker for a really long time now without any promotion. (all my skills are maxed out). Do you know how to trigger the next promotion? I am going to reinstall death career and see if that helps. Thanks again, it's a really cool career!
Test Subject
#113 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 8:35 AM Last edited by stained.shadows : 17th Apr 2007 at 2:53 PM.
Thank you very much for this ^.^

Looking in the news-paper to acquire this career did work for me, without the aid of the boolProp cheat. Don't know if this is worth much, but just thought it might be of use.

And if some people are finding that this overrides their science career, it might be because you have two of the "Death career" files. There's one called "deathcareer" and another one called "deathcareerstevekilsdotcom". If you have both in your downloads folder [EA>TS2>Downloads], it's probably wise to delete the "deathcareerstevekilsdotcom".
But it might not work for everyone.
Test Subject
#114 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 1:28 PM Last edited by whiterider : 30th Jul 2007 at 10:11 PM.
Very cool thank you

Thank you very much for this ^.^

Looking in the news-paper to acquire this career did work for me, without the aid of the boolProp cheat. Don't know if this is worth much, but just thought it might be of use.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 10:47 PM
Have you ever watched Dead Like Me, by any chance? :D

Does this font make me look fat?
Test Subject
#116 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 2:10 PM
Thank you very much for this career. I´m going to try it, but in case it´ll replace the Science Career for me there is no problem, as I think than it is MUCH funnier, MUCH more creative and MUCH more intresting than default Science. Yes, I´m a Diskworld fan Thanks again, great job!
Test Subject
#117 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stained.shadows
And if some people are finding that this overrides their science career, it might be because you have two of the "Death career" files. There's one called "deathcareer" and another one called "deathcareerstevekilsdotcom". If you have both in your downloads folder [EA>TS2>Downloads], it's probably wise to delete the "deathcareerstevekilsdotcom".

I just had the stevekilsdotcom version in my game, and it still replaced the science career. I sure hope it gets fixed soon, but until then I guess I could download the other version and boolprop my non-graduated sims into it.
Test Subject
#118 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:53 PM
yeah, how funny^^
I definitly will try it out^^
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 10:37 AM
OK I'm a little confused. Which one do I need if I want my sims to have to go to uni first? I think I need the first one, the top one. Is that right?
Love it though. Good job.

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
Test Subject
#120 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 7:33 AM
Yeah, it's the top one.
Test Subject
#121 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 5:30 PM
Thanks , this is great now my main vampire can be Death himself
Thanks fro sharing ! and if you could , it would be cool if the career vehicle could be changed to something grim reaper'ish or use the botanist (or whatever its called) from university where you at the highest rank fly , maybe make the sim fade away and then theyre at work anyway , Good job!
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 3:08 AM
This will be perfect for my angel of death sim. Thanks!
Forum Resident
#123 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 7:51 PM
I can't find it on the computer when I do the job search DD: The new one

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Test Subject
#124 Old 2nd May 2009 at 12:52 AM
Very nice Idea,
only it didnt work for me...
I play the Dutch version of the Game
i hope you can make a Universal Language Death Career

Nice idea ^^
Test Subject
#125 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 6:45 AM
Great advice in here,thanks for share the download
Page 5 of 6