Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Unselectable Sim's Motives Viewer << UPDATED 03/05/2006 <<

by monique Posted 13th Nov 2005 at 1:43 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2006 at 11:09 PM by monique

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 2:25 PM
Sounds like a good idea.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 3:16 PM
Great! Can automatically maxing or fixing sim's needs be turned off?
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 3:19 PM
Nice, I've been using Merola's mind control mirror and multi-painting to tune visitor's motives. I've found it useful for both keeping sims on-lot longer and getting rid of the unwanted ones.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#5 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 4:23 PM
Great hack!!
Thank you!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ts1&2fanatic
Great! Can automatically maxing or fixing sim's needs be turned off?

Yes, It's ON/OFF. By default it is OFF.

Quote: Originally posted by RoofMonkey
Nice, I've been using Merola's mind control mirror and multi-painting to tune visitor's motives. I've found it useful for both keeping sims on-lot longer and getting rid of the unwanted ones.

I have no against with those great hacks. But what I can say the more the merrier . Are there any differences? Of course, yes. Does it pays you $20 for each visitor's motives that you maxed? $20 is nothing in Sim world but stills can add additional income to our poor sim while building a relationship. Is it auto maxing of your visitor's motives? You dont need to worry about watching your visitor's needs, about getting rid of unwanted ones you dont need hack here just simply say goodbye to him/her or everyone, well of course the fastest way is using a hack "remove someone". And this hack allows you to view your visitor's motives without controlling them. Did you notice that you mentioned two great hacks against one simple hack (with only two features)? So no need to compare this hack with those hacks, what I am sharing with you is another hack that you can play around with.

Ailias, You're welcome.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 5:03 PM
Thanks, Monique. Just last night I was wishing I could view the motives of one of my visitors. thanks a lot

あなたはすてきですよ。あいしてる
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 3:04 AM
Default Great Idea!
Thanks for this hack. I like it especially for the babies, because I hate that I can't see their motives.

Thanks!
stormygail :nod: :nod: :nod:
Field Researcher
#9 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 3:59 AM
I normally make them selectable with either the Inseminator, boolProp or the mirror, but it's a tedious job and often backfires (they often get phone calls saying they've missed work and their performance bar goes down), so this will be very useful to avoid all that messing about. I also like the idea of the payment. I've just started a new neighbourhood and for once I'm not helping out with kachings every 5 minutes, so they have to work for their luxuries rather than having them all available from the start, so even this small amount could actually make all the difference to some of them (like the family who lost their maid because they hadn't enough to pay him).

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 4:48 PM
thanks for this, Monique! i've been wanting something like this forever. :D

DDO
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 9:34 AM
Hi Monique, your hacks are great ! Do you think you could add something to let NPCs get new outfits, because since NightLife this file is missing. Thank you. :nod:

Perfect !...
Field Researcher
#12 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 12:55 AM
Well, unfortunately it isn't helping my poor hard-up Sims because it costs more to buy than they have in the bank!!! Any chance of making it cheaper? (say $350 instead of $3500?). With the price it is now, it would take them forever to get back what they've paid for it so it sort of defeats its own object really. I know I can cheat to give them the money for it, but I'm trying so hard not to in my new neighbourhood.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 5:47 AM
Uploaded v2, I changed price to $350.

Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 7:31 PM
Thanks very much for lowering the price! Should come in really handy in my new neighbourhood now.

#15 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 7:50 PM
awesome idea - I've been wishing someone would do something like this - even nicer that it's a grandfather clock instead of the usual painting!
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 6:53 PM
That's a great idea. I'll try it out right away. Maxis will be losing alot of money to you.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 8:29 AM
Nice As usual your hacks make my siming so much more fun. XD
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 10:41 PM
Oh, yeah? How bout a mind control mirror?
http://www.simlogical.com/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 3:38 AM
Oh yeah too. Do you think that we're not aware of the boolprop that can do the same thing as mind control mirror? Pls read post #6. I think you have the wrong link.

Scholar
#20 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 7:12 PM
Another "MQ" production! Thanks so much! Keep 'em comiin!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 11:13 PM
I uploaded another version.

Instructor
#22 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 9:04 AM
Hi Monique! I downloaded your mod before but if you don't mind, I'm looking for an object that has an option of instead of correcting visitor's need, gives me the choice to get rid of one visitor specifically by lowing its motives to the point that it will immediately leave. I know how to do this for all visitors together, but I would like to get rid one by one. If this option can be included, thanks beforehand.
Instructor
#23 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 12:30 PM
Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to try this out. Thank you so much!

*** If you can't brighten them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit ***

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 11:22 AM
Is this Pets-Compatible?

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 2:05 AM
Great mod! Works perfectly. And I noticed that if you click on the pic of the visitor who's motives you're viewing the camera will zoom to that sim. The Sims 1 used to do that in the relationship panel. Any way you could design a mod that would bring that functionality to Sims 2? It's a pain sometimes to find a wandering sim, and the GFClock is not always near the camera's current location.
Please, please, please? (I bow before you greatness!)
Page 1 of 2