Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newbie Road 04 - Starter House

by plasticbox Posted 13th Nov 2005 at 5:26 PM - Updated 26th Jan 2006 at 9:53 PM by plasticbox : Added cross-reference and pointers re. the "expansion pack data required" issue

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 1:13 AM
Thank you for this download. The house is simple but very functional, and actually resembles some of the houses in my area. It's also pretty well decorated. Again, thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 1:22 AM
I can't download it. It says it has expansion pack data that I do not have. Are you positive there is nothing from Nightlife in it?
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 1:42 AM
Same problem, GM. Tried to install, it required expansion data. Maybe one of the decorative items, or the counters in the kitchen...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Khrys
Same problem, GM. Tried to install, it required expansion data. Maybe one of the decorative items, or the counters in the kitchen...

This is weird -- I don't have any expansions installed. No downloads either. I'd really like to help you, but I don't know how ... no idea what the problem could be. Sorry!

pbox
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 7:03 AM Last edited by Marushe : 14th Nov 2005 at 7:08 AM.
plasticbox, I love your houses. simply clever
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 10:44 AM
I love your houses, they're such good homes for newly graduated couples to start their lives together
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 2:07 PM
It's says the same when I try to dowload it aswell and I have all the expansions installed

If Things Happen For A Reason, What's The Reason?
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 2:17 PM
Apparently, it's Original Only, then? o.o
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 3:01 PM
I had no problems installing.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missmontignac
I had no problems installing.

Glad to hear that. But it really *is* made with the core game only, that's why I can't figure out why others are having problems .. I'd really like to know the reason. Anyhow, I made a different version of this house which is currently in the approval queue (Newbie Road 4a) -> Khrys/GM/Deep-Sympathy: maybe you'd like to try that one instead? It's the same floorplan, only painted/furnished differently. Let me know how it goes!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 4:51 PM
To all of you who had problems installing: This seems to be a known issue and using Clean Installer should help -- see update above!
#13 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 9:09 AM
I have started downloading all of your houses that are on grass, and well I'm going from bottom to top.. So far they are getting better and better.. This is my favorite right this second!
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 12:23 PM
I must have every single one of your houses with the way I'm going lmao
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 8:02 AM
Thank you for this sweet little starter house.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 11:54 AM
thank you