Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Spiral Staircase

by XxHalfBloodPrincexX Posted 13th Nov 2005 at 6:50 PM - Updated 13th Nov 2005 at 10:09 PM by XxHalfBloodPrincexX : Feel Free to download

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 7:03 PM
Very nice, thank you.

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 7:04 PM Last edited by teaparty182 : 13th Nov 2005 at 7:25 PM.
so does the animation actully work? do they walk up the stairs correctly with out teleporting or walking in mid air?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 7:08 PM
yes same question

if they do then great work i mean seriously amazing
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teaparty182
so does the animation actully work? do they walk up the stairs correctly qithought teleporting or walking in mid air?

They do neither of these. They do teleport. This was based off of Targa's Ascention Teleporter so this staircase was built just to fit around the circle.

*This does not conflict with Targa's object. Well at least in my game. If it does in your game please tell me.

That's Hot
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 7:09 PM
Teaparty182: No there's no animation
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 7:19 PM
Oh wow. This is awesome!

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 7:21 PM
Awesome! Nice job!
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 7:26 PM
Why Is This So Hard Is Was Done In Sims 1 ????
Instructor
#10 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 7:29 PM
Because maxis has much more advanced tools which I believe haven't even been released to the community.Im sure they know the animation code too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 7:35 PM
And if your talking about taking the animations from sims 1 and putting them in sims 2 I do not think it's possible. I think they are diff types of files...maybe not I'm not sure I tried going into animations once and i think i made something shake...lol but yah i don't think this has anythign to do with sims 1, it is up to the smartest modders out there! You go guys! ...lol

That's Hot
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 7:50 PM
Thanks HBP. They look great, and are just what is needed to build my Scottish style castles. But why are they left-handed?

Of all the things I've lost over the years, it's my mind I miss most.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 8:00 PM
Oh I am planning on doing the other sided one next, that's just the way they are in my house...sorry

That's Hot
Inventor
#14 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 8:06 PM
Great. That's what i wanted. I like spiral stairs, because she save space. THX 4 sharing.
Alchemist
#15 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 8:18 PM
I love spiral staircases. I was always bummed that the game doesn't have them. Thank you!!!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 8:29 PM
Thank you they're really awesome!!! Thanks again&again!!!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 9:18 PM
Thank you :D

I'm at an age when my back goes out more than I do !!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 9:21 PM
Default Love It!
This Is Perfect! Please Continue To Work On Them...maybe More Colors? Love That It Is 1 Tile! Saves Space! Can't Wait To Play! Thanks Much!
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 10:00 PM
Quote:
Oh yes if anyone would like to edit, search further into, or make meshes of spiral staircases feel free to share your ideas as long as you give the smallest bit of credit to me. (As in "Well I made this entire thing but, XXHBPXX came up with the idea.")

**With my real name: XxHalfBloodPrincexX

Thanks, this very nice, but why on earth should anyone give you credit for their own mesh, just because it happens to be a spiral staircase? You certainly didn't invent the idea of spiral staircases, nor are you likely the first or only person to have tried to make them for The Sims 2. Also, it's hypocritical of you to expect credit for an idea that isn't original and for meshes you have no hand in, but to have not have given any credit in your first post to Targas for basing this off her ascension staircase.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 10:07 PM Last edited by XxHalfBloodPrincexX : 13th Nov 2005 at 10:12 PM.
Okay as I re-read that I understand I did not word that correctly. I meant if you use my file or my mesh and edit it. And by not giving credit to targa i think i said I used Targa's file... sorry If I didn't I will check that to make sure that I did and if not then I will add words of credit to Targa.

EDIT: you were right. I'm sorry for not giving you credit orgionaly. I had type this thing up 4 times before The upload actualyl worked and there was actualy alot more typed up about and into it. I just got tired of typing everything out over and over and i guess it just slipped my mind. Sorry Targa and anyone else who thought or thinks I'm an arrogant s.o.b.... :skull:

:sorry:

That's Hot
Test Subject
#21 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 10:49 PM
wow...this is really cool and interesting...i am glad to finally have a spiral staircase for my houses...thanks
Forum Resident
#22 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 11:07 PM
This spiral staircase is much better then your last ones

Now known as CMW15
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 12:10 AM
I can't wait to try it out, thank you!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 12:27 AM
Cool!! Now I can make my last house which had a spiral staircase!

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Field Researcher
#25 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 2:01 AM
hehe, nice... I can combine this with Targa's and make my sorceress' castle more 'realistic' (I wanted stairs in certain places, but the towers are too small for Maxis ones; the outright teleporter will stay for things like getting into her personal workroom :D) Thanks!

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Page 1 of 4