Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newbie Road 05 - Starter House

by plasticbox Posted 14th Nov 2005 at 2:34 AM - Updated 26th Jan 2006 at 9:56 PM by plasticbox : Added pointers re. the "expansion pack data required" issue

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 1:45 AM
Every time I try to install any of your Newbie Road houses, the installer tells me:
This content requires Expansion Pack data that is not installed.
O_o? wtf?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DemonKyoto
O_o? wtf?

-- yes, that's what I'm thinking, too =).

There obviously is a problem, but it can't be "expansion pack data" (like I said before, I don't have any expansions) -- it must be something else. Wild guess: I'm on a mac, did you ever have trouble with osx zip archives before? (I'm not playing on the mac btw, just zipping the files; the game is on the windows box). I could zip/rar them on the other machine in the future if that helps. Other than that, I have no idea what it could be ...

Weird that all uploads got approved with no further comment.
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 2:23 AM Last edited by DemonKyoto : 15th Nov 2005 at 2:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
-- yes, that's what I'm thinking, too =).

There obviously is a problem, but it can't be "expansion pack data" (like I said before, I don't have any expansions) -- it must be something else. Wild guess: I'm on a mac, did you ever have trouble with osx zip archives before? (I'm not playing on the mac btw, just zipping the files; the game is on the windows box). I could zip/rar them on the other machine in the future if that helps. Other than that, I have no idea what it could be ...

Weird that all uploads got approved with no further comment.

Dont really know if any of my other downloads were made on a mac or what, but i doubt its a problem with zipping them on a mac, more like a problem with the sims files itself No idea what's causing it, hopefully someone'll shed some light >.O;
Edit: I do have both expansions, incase anyone asks XD
Inventor
#5 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 3:14 AM
Have you tried installing with the Clean Installer? That usually helps.

Lovely house by the way, so cute and tiny

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Inventor
#6 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DemonKyoto
Every time I try to install any of your Newbie Road houses, the installer tells me:
This content requires Expansion Pack data that is not installed.
O_o? wtf?

I have both the expansions and it get the same thing come up O.o even weirder.

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 4:08 PM
No problems installing. But I didn't look in my game if the house is actually there. But I get the message installed succesfully so I think it's oke then. Let you know otherwise.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
Have you tried installing with the Clean Installer? That usually helps.

Yes, apparently that's the way to go - thanks for the hint Greenlea! And thanks to whoever runs this site for their excellent search / help forums =).

Someone describes the exact same issue in this thread; here is the answer (daysies): use Clean Installer. So it's a known problem, not with this house (or my houses) in particular. Reason unknown. Maxis weirdness.
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 4:48 PM
Well problem solved then. So I don't need to say that the houses are in my game en that they look good. lol
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 6:50 PM
Just a Thanks type post saying Thanks! You really are talented.

~ Hiro Osric ~
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 7:21 AM
Thank you for this nice house.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 11:53 AM
thank you