Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Detective Career EP

by lucentgem Posted 4th Dec 2005 at 7:32 AM - Updated 27th Dec 2006 at 6:38 AM by lucentgem : Fixed Career

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 8:47 AM
cool, thanks .

"why everything that's 'posed to be bad make me feel so good???" -kanye west
Instructor
#3 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 9:05 AM
Can't wait to try it. Thank-You for sharing, I appreciate your hard work on this.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 9:05 AM
NIce - I like it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 9:58 AM
Finally! I was waiting for this, lucentgem. Excellent work! Thanks! :salute: :nod: I want to put many smileys today!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 10:30 AM
Thanks everyone. :*) And no problem Sawki. Glad I was finally able to get it finished! :gidea:

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
#7 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 7:18 AM
where do you put the career downloads at ?

Sim Clouds
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim_Clouds62
where do you put the career downloads at ?

My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Downloads

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
#9 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFly

Thanks much

Sim Clouds
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFly

Thanks for answering! :*)

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 8:54 AM
Ahh! *worships you!* I can wait to test this out!

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 9:25 AM
this is thanks
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 7:49 PM
do we have to download both .zip and .rar files? or do we have to choose only one?
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 0peachy0
do we have to download both .zip and .rar files? or do we have to choose only one?

just one you choose it depends which you prefer or what program you have
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 8:37 PM
This career overwrites my Law Enforcement career....
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#16 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matthijstromop
This career overwrites my Law Enforcement career....

It's not this one that's doing it- check for other overwriting careers.

Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 10:05 PM
I've checked again with only this career and the multi painting in my download folder and there is no Law Enforcement career....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 12:19 AM Last edited by lucentgem : 29th Dec 2005 at 2:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by matthijstromop
I've checked again with only this career and the multi painting in my download folder and there is no Law Enforcement career....

This hasn't overwritten my law enforcement career at all (EDIT: Yeah apparently I was seeing an apparition or something ;p). Not only that but it has a whole new GUID that basically is there to make sure it doesn't override the Law Enforcement career. Are you getting an error about Law Enforcement like an object error or is it just that the law enforcement career is gone?

What multi-painting are you talking about?

~JJ~

Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 5:31 PM
Thanks for your reply. The multi-painting I meant is Merola's Multi Painting (http://www.simchaotics.com/) which shows all the careers in the Sims2.
I don't get an error, my Law Enforcement career doesn't show up in the game....
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 6:20 PM
I removed this career and my Law Enforcement career is back....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 6:49 PM
Well I will look into it more tonight but I haven't noticed any issues in my game. Not averse to making sure something like this is resolved, it's just very very odd you are having this issue.

~JJ~

Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 7:08 PM
Thanks for your reply!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 5:03 AM
Well it looks like, despite the individual GUID, this career is in fact overriding the law enforcement career and on top of that if I put the law enforcement career in my downloads folder, it overwrites my detective career. Not exactly sure what's going on there but I think I have a fix regardless, it will just take me some time to get it setup. When I do I will let you know. In theory it should be tomorrow night kinda late.

Thanks for pointing this out and for doing some detective work of your own. ;p

~JJ~

Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#24 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 7:45 AM
lucent, just a suggestion as to what may be causing the problem- did you alter the group ID before or after making it EP compatible? If you did it before, the extra files without new group ID's may be causing the problem. Just a possible idea.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 8:57 PM
I typically do it first if I remember rightly, I've had a lot going on since then hehe. I was just going to recreate the career which is no big deal cause I have most of it copied in notepad so I can paste it in the new forms later when I get home tonight. I figured if I just run through all the steps again, I will be able to (possibly) figure out what I missed cause it's pretty obvious I've missed something at this point. :smash:

Though since you're asking Super...I take it there is a difference in the outcome based on when you change that info?

~JJ~

Page 1 of 2