Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Reversed art nouveau bookcase

by IndigoRage Posted 7th Dec 2005 at 6:19 AM

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 6:19 AM
(Reserved)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 6:26 AM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 6:37 AM
Hmph.. so it is... I browsed through the catagory and never saw it... but mine *is* a little different... the books are in slightly different places =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 6:52 AM
I have better things to do than that - take a look at some of my other stuff.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sir Kenny
It seems like you stole it...

although it's true that boblishman created this some time ago, that is a rather harsh statement. especially when considering that this is a Maxis mesh to begin with.
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sir Kenny
It seems like you stole it...

Did you even *read* the post above yours before making that statement? A comparison of the two objects, as the creator said, shows that they're not the same.

Thanks, IndigoRage.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 7:41 AM
I do like the fact that you took the extra effort to place the books on the reversed shelves faceing the proper way. ( Sir Kenny, if you look closely you will see the differnce between the two. So quit being so quick to jump on someone before you compare the work.) Nice work IndigoRage Downloading this now.

Get your fithy paws off of me you damn dirty ape!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 9:04 AM
Yes thank you so much for this!

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 10:36 AM
Nice! It will allow me to try diffrent ideas for my houses. My sims and i thank you for sharing
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 10:50 AM
This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for! Thankyou!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 12:47 PM
I think I saw the other one someplace, but I like this one better.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 2:50 PM
Im sorry for what i said...
Instructor
#14 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 3:39 PM
Does this mesh use custom textures made for the Maxis original as the other reversed version does?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 5:47 PM
Thanks so much! I've been waiting for something like this. I was quite disappointed when I tried to move the Maxis bookcase in the opposite direction and it didn't move. Thanks a big one!

Amber
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 5:57 PM
akatonbo - No, this is just a direct clone of the original, which didn't include custom color support.

Sir Kenny - Forgiven.

~I
Instructor
#17 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 6:06 PM
THANK U! it really annoyed me that i coudn't make my houses look symetrical! you rule!

ceilidh xxx

learn from your parents mistakes - use birth control!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 9:28 PM
Nice job. Thanks!

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 10:29 PM
whered you get the deer heads from?
Alchemist
#20 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by playa4
whered you get the deer heads from?

Click his name and you can see his deer heads available in his download area.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 2:34 AM
Thanks so much for making this! I too was terribly disappointed when I realized that there was no way to shift the Maxis one to the other direction. Sometimes I'm not sure what Maxis is thinking.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 8:32 AM
playa4: It was originally to be a creature mesh I was making for Morrowind ages ago. But I had a terrible time trying to animate it, and it fell into my "Projects" directory where it remains unfinished. When I started getting into The Sims, I decided to "kill" my old project and hang it on the wall, only to discover that importing meshs into The Sims was no small undertaking -- that is until the advent of the .3ds import/export function in SimPE .50. And this really should be in trophy thread ;-)

Everybody else: Glad you like it. And yes, I agree with the general concensus that the asymetry created by having the left side but not the right was a real bummer. I think next I shall create something suitable to put between them (other than a fireplace).

~I
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 9:13 AM Last edited by QueenBowie : 8th Dec 2005 at 9:15 AM. Reason: Typo: conjugation error :p
:bow: THANK YOU! For so long I was just placing the bookcase facing the wall. Now I can have a balanced decor without my SIMS complaining to me.

"I'm an instant star. Just add water and stir." -David Bowie
#24 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 2:05 AM
You must be reading my mind... Been looking for something lie this for a looooong time, and now i can have it thanks to you! ^_^

Cheers!
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 3:11 PM
I realy like the book case, Maxis does some craze stuff sometimes! My question is will it take the custom colors from the one in the game or will I need new custom colors for it? Even if it doesn,t it's still very, very, nice and much needed! Thanks!!!
Page 1 of 2