Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newbie Road 26 - Starter House

by plasticbox Posted 14th Dec 2005 at 7:52 PM - Updated 26th Jan 2006 at 8:15 PM by plasticbox

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 11:42 PM
I have to say I love your houses. They've made starting new families with all the wonderful sims I download from MTS2 so much easier
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 11:42 PM
It's nice. Good work!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 12:08 AM
I love this house. Actually, I've liked almost all of them in the series. :-D

Thank you!
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 12:18 AM
I adore your starter houses, and this one is the best yet!
#6 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 1:46 AM
Good work. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 5:26 AM
I love starter homes!
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 6:29 AM
@ kimajjas

Spoken like a true noob who has never tried to build a nice house that costs <20K in the game. Until you try, you are in no position to criticise.

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 7:54 AM
Good work - surprisingly spacious, in fact. Probably due to the fact that you spend more money on the architecture, rather than on furniture (Hey - a couple of days of work can get any other things you want)
Thanks again.

Which is True?
The Mask you're Facing,
or the Face I'm Masking?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 8:00 AM
beautiful
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kimajjas
I think that is considered flaming against me and I would like it removed! If I cannot write my opinion then you cannot either.

Oh, come on. Are you aware at all that he's a moderator? Read the rules, and if you want to troll any further please go somewhere else.

I was saying that this house would be very easy to make in game.

Yes, fair enough. And you were also saying it's a waste of server space -- that, however, is absolutely not your business I would say. There is an approval process, you know?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 12:44 PM
plasticbox, please take this comment and run with it....
Others may try to comment with such rude comments and simplistic remarks, but in truth they can not even start to achieve what you have. Your homes are amazing, so much so that I have a dedicated neighbourhood with your homes so I can start families and get them up and running without the need for cheats and such. Your styling is spot on, perfect if I may say, and your effort and dedication shines through with every upload you add. This person is obviously very jelous of your sucess and popularity and has made a point to be immature in everyone of your recent uploads, smile and wait for those 'better' homes said person thinks they can make...

Nicola
x x x

Visit designit botan the new site and new url! no really... its new new!!!!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 12:59 PM
Nicolafred, thanks for the warm words =). But it's no problem, said poster PM'd and apologized, s/he simply didn't get the point that it's *starter* houses. That was all.
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 6:23 PM Last edited by tkdjunkie : 15th Dec 2005 at 6:40 PM.
I think that is considered flaming against me and I would like it removed! If I cannot write my opinion then you cannot either. I feel insulted by this. I was not bashing the works of others. I was saying that this house would be very easy to make in game.

Until you have tried to build a starter home yourself, you are in no position whatsoever to criticise someone who DOES make them. Reporting technical problems is one thing, and that is perfectly acceptible. But it is extremely inappropriate to simply call someone else's work "a waste of space" (and those were your exact words) -- especially when you have contributed absolutely NOTHING to the community yourself.

It is MUCH more difficult than you think to build a lovely home that costs <20K in the game. The homes that plasticbox has made are truly fantastic. They maximize resources so that new sim families can live in them without cheating to raise their income. Any idiot can build a stupid mansion. It takes MUCH more talent and effort to utilize resources effectively to make an affordable home.

Many people don't play with cheats and are able to appreciate the utility of having a beautiful home that is affordable to new families. I also appreciate plasticbox's work because not only are the homes affordable, but they are much nicer and much more beautiful than the homes that I try to build myself for my new sims.

If you would simply TRY to build a nice home costing <20K in your game, you would appreciate the effort that plasticbox has put into his/her starter homes.

If you can't appreciate it, then pass by these threads and move on. Nobody cares for your opinions -- especially when they are founded upon your own inexperience and refusal to appreciate talent that doesn't fit your definition. That is plain rude and arrogant.

Either earn a credible reputation and offer constructive advice, or say nothing at all.

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 8:31 PM
Plasticbox, I for one appreciate ALL your beautiful starter homes....they are lovely and I have all of them in my game...I want to thank you for your hard work and let you know that many people here appreciate the work you put in. So, thank you very much

"Too long a sacrifice can make a stone of the heart." - William Butler Yeats
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 9:21 AM
i like this kind of house, thanks for sharing
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 11:49 AM
Thanks for all the positive comments!

In particular for that ... laudation, tkdjunkie. Wow =). (And also for deleting the address on that other thread -- I somehow failed to realize that Delphy's on holiday (sort of))

I've just seen the starter houses you posted, they're really nice! I've never seen them before because I'm such a lazy person and don't bother to go past page 4 of the downloads. Here are some links, I think others (who are interested in starter houses + lazy like me) will appreciate them as well:

1001 Budget Lane
1002 Budget Lane
303 Budget Lane
404 Budget Lane
505 Budget Lane
606 Budget Lane
707 Budget Lane
808 Budget Lane

They're also a bit larger than mine usually are, so people who start out with actual families should really check them out. Thanks again, and have a nice day!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 8:55 PM
thnx so much for your houses.

my sims are packing their bags already to move into these starter homes.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 8:08 AM
Well...I for one *really* appreciate talented persons like yourself for designing starter homes. Believe me, I've tried to make cute starter homes for under $20K and it's not easy. They either turn out looking like boxes with the rooms ending up being no bigger than a shoebox...or...they end up being oversized and overpriced. I don't know how you manage to make these starter homes so undeniably cute and stylish and at the same time keeping them affordable, but thank you for sharing them and as long as you keep making them or uploading them...I *will* download them.=)
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 10:33 AM
I did write Plasticbox and I humbly apologized, I was wrong for saying what I said. It was mean and it was uncalled for. I did go and try to build a house like this for that price and I couldn’t do it. I am really not a mean person, just a female I repeat female having a really bad pms day and took it out on the wrong person. Again in front of everyone I am sorry. I was wrong! Your houses are really good and the talent still comes in at getting them priced so low. Thank you for being so nice plasticbox and accepting my apology.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 12:15 AM
thank you