Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shady-Glen Cemetary

by tomkat Posted 30th Jan 2006 at 7:09 AM - Updated 1st Feb 2006 at 6:56 AM by tomkat

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 10:22 PM
Beautiful. I heart it. Thank you so much! <3<3<3
Inventor
#3 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 10:31 PM
Very nicely done cemetary! Thanks so much! :D

What does its name stand for?

Visit my site: www.simkot.com
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 10:48 PM
Excellent work...I've been missing a good cemetary from my neighborhood.

Thanks
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 11:18 PM
You could buy coffee in a CEMETERY? Now thats strange.
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 12:00 AM
looks cool thanks. can you move the grave stones to another lot then? I though they had to stay at the familys house (unless they move out) is there a hack to do this? Sorry if thats a dumb Q!! x
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 12:22 AM
If you have nightlife the option to move to another lot comes up if you click on the garavestone.

Thanks for the cemetary! Mine always look horrible.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 1:26 AM
I like it alot!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 1:27 AM
I luv makin' the cemeterys for the sims, I always had trouble with the cyrpts though, well done with yours.
Scholar
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 3:32 AM
I love the look of the mausoleums. I always make mine too large.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 6:36 AM
Thank you so much for this, lmao I'm a shitty maker.... Well I've tried and made a few alright houses but I rather download 'em lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 7:09 AM
Thanks for the replies...glad you like. Yargo, the coffeshops and grill is there for sims spending the day visiting dead friends/relatives...Kinda like visiting your gran's grave on a sunday morning and having tea and scones afterwards with your family.

Again - thanks for the positive replies.
Tk

Always accept free coffee
Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 9:13 AM
I love it, thank you! My graveyard so far was just an empty lot with some flowers and trees... real boring

learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Field Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 11:49 AM
A very interesting idea!

DON`T TAKE CREDIT FOR MY WORK!
You may use my work but please give proper credit.
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 1:48 PM
[QUOTE=missygjo]If you have nightlife the option to move to another lot comes up if you click on the garavestone.QUOTE]

Cool I didnt realise that. Thanks :salute:
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 2:33 PM
Excellent work
Scholar
#17 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 2:03 AM
Thank you so much, as building cemetaries is not my best event. yours look lovely.
i have a few simmies that i've knocked off whom can now be ejected from residential lots! really like the crypts

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 3:49 AM
wow! this is cool...downloading now...

MTS ROCKS...
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 4:22 AM
of crouse!! cool !!very good
Field Researcher
#20 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 12:59 AM Last edited by hope2476 : 7th Feb 2006 at 1:00 AM. Reason: question
great work....i love a beautifully done cemetary.

question...do the ghosts stay attched to the grave when you move it?
like would this cemetary be haunted at night?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 7:06 AM
I have no idea hope2476, honestly i have never had a sim there after dark...but i think that they should move with the tombstones...the dead sims i moved away from the residential lots have never returned home.

Thanks again to everyone for the comments
TK

Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 1:27 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the dead sims ghosts are moved with the tombstone but you just can't resurrect them from the dead. I tried resurrecting a dead sim family member using the 'Tombstone of L & D' and it gave a message "You can only resurrect a sim on the lot which they died on" or something like that. Hope that helps. Btw.. This cemetary is very well done. Keep up the great building scenario.
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 2:18 PM
I forgot to ask in my last post. Is there any way to make this cemetary compatible without Uni, cuz the only EP's I have are Nightlife and Open for Business?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 9:08 AM
The Cemetery is haunted at night
- and the more dead sims in it, the more ghosts appear!

Anyways, thanks everyone for liking it...

and then SimMonte:
University lets you resurrect sims fine from the graveyard, but you dont have it, right? I probably could make it compatible with the base game, and EP-ready, but I usually don't waste time on older creations...Maybe if there is a greater interest (anyone else want the same?) I'll go back and do it.

BTW: Use SimPE to bring dead sims back to life...It lasts only few hours before they disappear again...but you can do it without any EPs (and with). Open the Character file of the dead sim, and deselect all the Ghost options, then save, and go to family information...select the household you want him to join, and add him as a member to the family. Next time you play that family he'll show up alive and kicking...for a while anyway. Doesn't work if you deleted the tombstone though.

Thanks..
TK

Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 12:56 PM
Right Tomkat, only EP's I have are the Nightlife and OFB. I didn't buy Uni because the whole installation process you had to go thru to install it. But if you couldn't make it compatible without Uni, then I totally understand and will be no biggie. :wave:
Page 1 of 2