Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tester Needed - Clan Vampire V0.75 (Updated 2-8-06)

by Douglas_Lien Posted 8th Feb 2006 at 2:39 AM - Updated 2nd Jan 2010 at 12:21 AM by leesester : template breaking

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
#2 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 2:55 AM
Sounds great! downloading now :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 3:33 AM
Oh man, I don't have rar!
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 3:33 AM
I'm not allowed to buy downloads without permission.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 3:42 AM Last edited by Douglas_Lien : 8th Feb 2006 at 3:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Oliviarom01
I'm not allowed to buy downloads without permission.

I have placed a zip file containing both careers at the following location.

http://www.2e1x1.net/Oliviarom01.zip

This download will remain in place until February 10th, 2006 at 0245GMT

Download size approx 3Mb

Update: This zip file has been updated to include Version 0.75 of the Clan Vampire Career.
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 4:36 AM
Once I installed, the house containing the Vampires was there, but empty. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 4:53 AM
cheers for the zip file trying it now
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vazdru
Once I installed, the house containing the Vampires was there, but empty. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Thanks for the info, will look into it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Douglas_Lien
Thanks for the info, will look into it.

If anyone can point me to a tutorial or help file on how to package individual sims I would appreciate it. I cannot execute the package file on my own game as the sims are already in it and I do not want to cause some kind of conflict with the Sims I have in game already and ones that the lot might install.

In otherwords I have no way to test this on my own to verify that the House Leader sims do not install, and the only way I know how to package sims is as part of a lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Douglas_Lien
If anyone can point me to a tutorial or help file on how to package individual sims I would appreciate it. I cannot execute the package file on my own game as the sims are already in it and I do not want to cause some kind of conflict with the Sims I have in game already and ones that the lot might install.

In otherwords I have no way to test this on my own to verify that the House Leader sims do not install, and the only way I know how to package sims is as part of a lot.

Well I double checked my documentation, and I am fairly certain that "families" like the Vampire House leaders can only be packaged in a lot. I did package this lot from in the game, with all four characters residing in the lot.

I am going to hold on making any changes until I can figure out if there is another way to save them for use. If anyone is successful in using them, please let me know here. Also if there are any suggestions for making them easier to use, again let me know.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 10:17 AM
What a great idea! I love the idea of the Vampire Clan leaders!

Mmm-mmm those Juice-eeee Biscuits! (My Random Thought Of The Day =0D)

To be uploaded soon - Funky Cropped Jacket; Set Of Male Underwear; EmoBoy Set; Female Sleepwear Set; Female Workout Set

http://www.lucentsims.com/forum/index.php
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 3:39 PM
The Career has been upgraded to Version 0.75. I have removed the Removed 105 Custer Boulevard.Sims2Pack file and replaced it with four individual package files, one for each of the Vampire leaders. I used SimPe-> Surgery to export the individual sims.

Many thanks to those who pointed me to the tutorials on how to do this.
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 10:13 AM
Very cool stuff. I like all your careers.

...somebody's doing a great job. I'm just glad its not me. I couldn't handle the pressure.
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 8:31 PM
Does this work with only Regular Sims 2 and Nightlife, or do you have to have Univeristy?
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 1:52 AM
why is it that i can't go to the MIB Thread.
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 7:06 PM
you made this career really good in a way that fits in with nightlife, but do you think you could try making a werewolf or dragonslayer career i mean, its just an idea but hey
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 6:43 PM
The four vampires don't show up in my game. The four package files are in my downloads folder, and in CAS, there are some brand-new very pale heads, so I know that SOMEthing is there. But the actual people don't appear in the families bin, nor does an occupied house (or an empty house, for that matter) appear in the lots & houses bin. I checked in my neighborhood, downtown, and at university, and the four vampires just aren't anywhere. My sim who is in the career has never heard from them (and she's up to the 9th level), and their names don't appear in her telphone book. In other words, I've checked everywhere I can think of, and there just don't seem to be any new vamps.

I think the career is quite clever, even without the vamps. I liked the idea of the salary going down and the hours going up when the sims start their own house; this seemed very realistic.

One typo I've noticed: The title for "Rogue House Deaconess" was correct, but the body of the text talked about a "rouge" house. I suppose it could be red, if a lot of blood was spilled. :-)

Anyway, this is a neat idea even without the four vamps, but it sounds as if you put in a lot of work to make it even cooler than that, so I'd like to find those vamps.

Thanks.

Cory

P. S. -- Do I need to have some SimPE thing installed for this to work?
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 9:43 AM
Thanks a lot.
Works fine in my game, and finally I don't have to cheat with my vampires.
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 8:44 PM
Where do i put the file?
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 4:15 PM
So which vampire is Xavier Renal and which is Jacen Pravus?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 4:37 AM
Downloading now ! Thanks for making it!!!!!!! :-D

.....Laughter is Timeless, Imagination Has No Age, and Dreams Are Forever (Disney)
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 6:38 AM
Thanks a lot! I just thought you'd like to know I found a couple typos in one of the chance cards. I was an idiot and didn't write them down, but it was in the "you find some ancient vampire writings while at a rivals place" type scenario. I'm pretty sure it was just something like a "you" that should have been "your." But I love the career. So handy for Count Joseph to support his new family! haha!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 7:27 AM
Looking forward to trying this in my game. Thanks.

"My license to make fun of everyone comes from knowing I'm the biggest joke of all"
If you know who I'm quoting, have a (virtual) cookie. ;)
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 9:59 PM
Working great in game the skins are out of this world, thanks for all the hard work, very nice, but do you have the separate file for skins can’t seem to find in body shop
Field Researcher
#25 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 7:34 PM
Wonderful! Can't wait to play it.

love,
Kat
Page 1 of 2