Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gothic Piles: The Arboretum

by goodandgone Posted 14th Feb 2006 at 8:19 PM - Updated 1st Dec 2008 at 12:02 AM by goodandgone

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 3:18 PM
This is SO AWESOME!!! I love your spooky series!! It's the best!!
Thank you thank you thank you!!

I will finish my Hogwarts sims, as I promised, but after that, I will no longer be uploading. I feel like the anonymity of the internet allows people to forget manners and simple etiquette, so I will be returning to lurker status. Thanks to those who supported me, especially Lyric and Rockchick!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 4:00 PM
Oh awesome! Have downloaded. :-D
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 7:47 PM
I love the bridge, wish I could figure out how to do that.

"If Id of knowd the last bug I eated; woulda been the last bug I eated; Id of eated it slower."
~Philip~{Rugrats}
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jjroland01
I love the bridge, wish I could figure out how to do that.

Whenever you put down a foundation or decking block it lets you place floor tiles in thin air up to 2 spaces away, level with the top of the block. So, if you place two blocks up to 4 spaces away you can join them together with floor tiles. Add steps at each end and railings along the sides and you have a bridge!
:nod:
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 11:41 PM
Oh awesome. Ty for the info. Now can your sims still walk across it or do they act like idiots and can't figure out where to go?

"If Id of knowd the last bug I eated; woulda been the last bug I eated; Id of eated it slower."
~Philip~{Rugrats}
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 9:21 AM
I love it. You are the best!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jjroland01
Oh awesome. Ty for the info. Now can your sims still walk across it or do they act like idiots and can't figure out where to go?

Sims always act like idiots....but they should be able to walk across without any trouble. As long as you remember to add some steps of course. :bandit:
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 3:56 PM
Fantastic. Great architecture as with your other lots. Just gotta have it! Thanks and great job!
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 12:19 PM
awesome!!! its great! thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 1:21 PM
can i ask, i noticed in one of your shots that the house across the street was visible, how do you do that?

"I'm the most terrific liar you ever saw in your life. It's awful. If I'm on my way to the store to buy a magazine, even, and somebody asks me where I'm going, I'm liable to say I'm going to the opera. It's terrible. "
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pink_alchemist
can i ask, i noticed in one of your shots that the house across the street was visible, how do you do that?

On the Neighbourhood screen (or from a lot), select Options and then Game Options. From there you can click to turn Neighbours and Decorations on or off. Turning them on will make neighbouring houses and neighbourhood decorations visible from within a lot. You can also choose View and Fade distances (i.e. how much and how far you can see). It's makes things seem much more realistic but all that extra detail can put a bit of a strain on your PC and, depending on your system, might slow down your game.

gNg
:salute:
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 12:00 PM
:)
I love this house
Thank you alot
Nicely done
I'm enjoying it
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th May 2006 at 9:55 AM
I really LOVE this house

My sims have a big graveyard of wondering pest sims
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 10:00 PM
I love the way this house looks and would like to have it in my game, but when I try to install it, the Sims 2 installer goes "This Content Requires Expansion Pack Data That is Not Installed". Even though I DO have Nightlife (and nothing else). Is there any way for you to fix this?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vahinkoelain
I love the way this house looks and would like to have it in my game, but when I try to install it, the Sims 2 installer goes "This Content Requires Expansion Pack Data That is Not Installed". Even though I DO have Nightlife (and nothing else). Is there any way for you to fix this?

Sorry vahinkoelain, I'm sure it must need University as well as Nightlife in order to work (I know I bought Uni before I bought NL). I'll edit the post and put that right now.

Apart from buying Uni, I don't think there's any way to make this compatible with your game I'm afraid.

gNg