Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newbie Road 42 [NL] - Under 10.000

by plasticbox Posted 27th Feb 2006 at 3:57 PM - Updated 8th Mar 2006 at 8:13 AM by plasticbox : Added cross-reference

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 7:49 PM
i thourght you had to have tree's for it to be accepted...the whole 'realistic' update?
Scholar
#3 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 7:50 PM
Hooray! Another Newbie! :clap:

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meia
i thourght you had to have tree's for it to be accepted..

Well, the point with this house is that it's under 10.000 -- there's only so much you can do with half the normal budget =). But it expands very nicely into a regular-sized starter house -- and with that, you can do trees and other landscaping!

(I think it's really silly, by the way, that trees are so expensive -- they're about the only thing in RL that will grow in your garden for free!)
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 8:23 PM
Id love to download but I dont have Nightlife *sigh*
Perhaps you could take out Nightlife objects?
I understand if you dont though.
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 8:26 PM
Wow, now that is cheap! What is the cheapest house you can build (that still looks like a house - not a cardboardbox), have you ever tried? I'd really like to know.

Retired from Simming
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 8:44 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 7th Mar 2006 at 12:09 PM.
Flute Girl, the problem aren't objects -- Nightlife apparently saves lots in a different format so they're impossible to open with the base game. So there's nothing I can do short of uninstalling the extension ... Sorry. (There is a sticky thread in either Help or Building, titled "unfurnished = EP compatible?", with an in-depth discussion of compatibility issues in case you're interested.)

nengi65, it depends on how you define "a house" =) I guess you've seen the EconoBox by ... by ... shame on me, but the author's name escapes me. On this site, posted not very long ago. The bottom line is surely a 3x1 lot with a phone (plus something to put it on); I haven't fully tested out the 1.000-10.000 area yet but I recently made a whole bunch of just-under-10.000 lots for a neighbourhood that I'm working on -- I was actually surprised how much you can do with 10.000! Those lots are all on hilly terrain, but I've already rebuilt some on flat land so that I can upload them here. I have a mini cottage somewhere that, I think, was about 6.000 .. it has lots of trees though, I don't remember if the 6.000 were with or without the trees.
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 9:08 PM
Thanks for the info plasticbox I appreciate it. It still amazes me how you do them though, I have a hard time keeping a starter under 20.000. I will have to work a bit harder I think, this intrigues me quite a bit! But I do like a challenge once in a while so I will go and start my game to find out how cheap I can build without it being a prisoncell.

Retired from Simming
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 10:01 PM
Awww, what a cute lil box.. errr.. house I mean

learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 10:03 PM
Oh..my...goodness....cheap 2 bedroom house! :insane: I am completely and utterly in awe of your greatness...sick of all the cheap houses being one bedroom because what happens when you have babies? Gets REALLY tight!

The moon is full but there is an incompleteness. The days are beautiful but I feel a bitter sweetness. If I had a wish or even a choice I'd wake up to the sound of your voice. Oh how I miss waking up to the sound of your voice.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 12:45 AM
Your houses are my favorite, thank you for sharing. It looks great!

jessica
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 1:59 AM
Great Job! I search a little House under 10.000 and you build it...
I´m so happy.......Thank You!!!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 3:13 AM
this is great for a starter house!

Just an anachronism, move along now.
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 7:43 AM
This is such a cute little house! Thanks for sharing it! :D
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 10:24 AM
I adore the simplicity and the realism level of your houses, Plasticbox! Your houses are always the ones I download without hesitation. Cant have enough of them in fact!
Scholar
#16 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 12:33 PM
what a cute little dinky house,
great
thanks for sharing

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 1:46 PM
Wow, I would never have thought that this would get so much feedback. It's a *really* simple house, after all ... seems like there's more non-cheaters around than I expected =)!
Instructor
#18 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 3:58 PM
And Plasticbox is back! Seems like ages since you made all of those starter houses!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Well, the point with this house is that it's under 10.000 -- there's only so much you can do with half the normal budget =). But it expands very nicely into a regular-sized starter house -- and with that, you can do trees and other landscaping!

(I think it's really silly, by the way, that trees are so expensive -- they're about the only thing in RL that will grow in your garden for free!)

not if you buy them, the can cost millions litterally
The ModFather
retired moderator
#20 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 1:54 AM
In its simplicity, this is really a charming house, I love your porches

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.