Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 9:37 PM Last edited by Pete_xp : 13th Apr 2006 at 10:21 AM.
Quote:
Wow... cool...

Lol, just make a new thread
LMAO , you think my ideas are like Wow, cool, yet you have the nerve to laugh @ me for asking a question.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 5:19 AM
Pete_xp,

lol, my laughter and smile have not to be derogatory or teasing... They can mean I'm excited/elevated...
Test Subject
#28 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 2:17 AM
Default Wow!
Hey,
Thanks for showing me this!
Grrr, now I want OFB sooooooooooooo badly.
Can't wait for my birthday.
Anyways, thats for the tutorial.
-Aomidwar38

I Love The Sims 2!
Purchased Games:
The Sims 2, The Sims 2: University, The Sims 2: NightLife, The Sims 2: Open For Business
[CENTER]
Copyright © 2006 @ryan! All rights reserved.
#29 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 2:07 PM
Default thank you
thank you...but i need a help!
who know how to built a garage?
please tell me to e-mail:
[email protected]
Mad Poster
#30 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 4:49 PM Last edited by niol : 16th Apr 2006 at 4:55 PM.
tiger559,

Just check out the "Build Mode Tutorials" subforum for several garage tutorials.
There's already a linkage in each garage tutorial for other garage-related topics...
Test Subject
#31 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 5:17 AM
Been working with this one on a house I'm building now. Anyway to get the same staircase up against the wall without resorting to wall warping cheats?
Mad Poster
#32 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 6:24 AM
domandred,

Staircases wouldn't work on the OFB stage foundation when the whole wall level of walls is not extended to exactly 20-click-high. This is because the defult for the new OFB stage foundation is 4-click-high, a normal wall level is 16-click-high, and the staircase must be 16-click-high to work. staircase on the stage is 20-click-high (16 + 4), while the wall lwevel is 16-click-high.

As an alternative, may use the connecting/modular stairs that are found below the staircase button. Also, this sort of stairs is the one used in this tutorial.
Test Subject
#33 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:52 AM
When I said "staircase" I didn't mean the sims2 building object staircase. I meant the "staircase" shown in the original post. Notice it is away from the wall and it works great that way and is uber easy to build. Now the problem is that I want the same design, layout and everything, however pushed up against the corner of the room.

The problem is that the sims2 foundations do not let you put walls directly next to them. Only on top of them or one space away from them. The OFB stage foundations however cannot be stacked on themselves making a foundation 8-clicks high (as in the OFB on top of the regular foundation. Thus if you build the same "staircase" found in the original post pushed directly up against the wall you get warping, which isn't desired.

I'm fiddling with the tutorial found here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=104184 to see if I can tweak it a bit to work for what I need it to atm and making some good progress. I'll post some screenshots if I can get it to work if nobody beats me to it first.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 11:56 AM
Sorry, so you meant the staircase type of the connecting/modular stairs. I just realised this ambiguity. See, niol is slow... :bandit:

Yes, one can add an extra dummylevel/a 4-click-high compressed level above the lower level, and tile the junction grid for the L-shaped stair with shorter stair part at a higher end. And may also read Mikeinside's Using Dummy Levels for Stairs
http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/b...airs/index.html
Test Subject
#35 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 7:05 AM
Thank you!!! this is excelent and very easy, now i can build different styles houses =)

The soldiers wins the battles and the generals usually get the credit for them- Napoleon Bonaparte

GO MEXICO!!!
Test Subject
#36 Old 13th May 2006 at 9:53 AM
help me! I don't know English!!
Test Subject
#37 Old 16th May 2006 at 8:58 AM
Thanks a lot! this is by far the easiest tutorial for U-shaped stairs I'v found yet.

bbc1004, where are you from?

"As finishing touch God created the DUTCH!"
Instructor
#38 Old 20th May 2006 at 4:48 PM
Help! For some reason when I tried this it showed a message

"Can't level ground"
...........\/...........

I don't know why. What am I doing wrong?

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 20th May 2006 at 7:47 PM
General Oohoh,

Before you tried, did you tile the ground without levelling the ground before-hand?
If so, may untile it and level the ground first.

If not, may post a screenshot and/or tell more...
Instructor
#40 Old 20th May 2006 at 8:19 PM
The ground was completly level and I did untile before doing so.

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Test Subject
#41 Old 29th May 2006 at 1:39 PM
RE: OFB Staircase
I've never tried it that way. Thanks. xxxxx
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 7:34 PM
Thx .. efficiency and simplicity .. perfect lesson
Test Subject
#43 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 3:14 PM
I don't get it!
I'm having trouble.... what's the "new foundation" thing you were talking about?
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#44 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 10:15 PM
Please don't bump your previous posts. Sometimes people just don't have time to check the forum and post a response.

And in answer to your question, the new foundation tool being referred to is the stage tool that came with OFB. It's a foundation tool that can be used on top of regular foundations & decks that were a part of the original build tools.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#45 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 5:24 PM
Oh sorry, I thought my posts didn't show up so I just kept repeating them.

<font color="pink"> wrote the words:
"A woman without her man is nothing" on the chalkboard he asked his students to punctuate it correctly. The males wrote, "A woman, without her man, is nothing." The females wrote, "A woman: without her, man is nothing."
Punctuation is powerful!</font>
Test Subject
#46 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 2:44 AM
Thank you so much Your very talented. Peggy
Test Subject
#47 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 7:24 PM
I Know This Is A Dumb Q But What Does Ep, Ofb Mean?????????? Pls Tell Me Any1
Test Subject
#48 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 2:35 AM
it is very easy! lol thank you very much! :D
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#49 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darealfreakinPIMP
I Know This Is A Dumb Q But What Does Ep, Ofb Mean?????????? Pls Tell Me Any1

Please post in complete sentences, it makes it easier to understand what you're asking. And in answer to your question, EP means Expansion Pack, OFB is Open For Business (the 3rd EP).

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 5:27 AM Last edited by James2007 : 6th Jul 2006 at 5:36 AM.
How To Create A SpongeBob T- Shrit On the Sims 2 Are How to Make Any Cartoon Charcter on the Sims Shirts plz Help me
Page 2 of 4