Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Marina- the Little Mermaid

by DarkThornRose Posted 5th Mar 2006 at 11:04 PM - Updated 30th Mar 2006 at 2:17 PM by angel f

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 5:18 PM
omg i had this on tape when i was younger.. till the vcr ate the tape ><*

`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·The Stars Remind Us The Past Is Real`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 5:25 PM
I remember watching both versions when I was a kid. This story was SO sad; it had such an effect on my little mind. The sim looks great but unfortunately I don't have a home for her yet in game. :/
Scholar
#4 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 5:42 PM
Oh! I seen this one when I was little! She is adorable!!

"Your happiness is unrelated to anything you have inside." - Riku
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jule78
I remember that movie too. If you ask me I preferred the original story. As a matter of fact I prefer the original versions to every fairy tale. A lot of them had sad endings but they had lessons. Thanks for this. She's beautiful .

then you wouldn't like the book series I'm currently reading- they're retold faerie tales with twists and turns- i just bought the one on the little mermaid yesterday, but i'm waiting to read it at the beach in 2 days...
but if you are interested, and you like romance, then they are called 'once upon a time...', and the authors are viguie, dokey, tracy lynn, nancy holder, and weyne. i'm obsessed...
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 7:40 PM
i saw this one too when i was little.. great job!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 8:00 PM
I remember that version. I saw it when I was a kid. I love the Disney versions, but it's always neat to see or read the real story. They always change everything in the Disney movies, so they're appropriate for little kids and so they're not sad or violent. They even changed Pocahontas' age in the Disney version. Really she was only supposed to been eleven or twelve and John Smith was in his forties. And she died at the end after going to England and getting sick. Of course they had to change that in the Disney version.
Inventor
#8 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 8:00 PM
I actually saw the same thing... But it was live action... Does anyone remember the disney thearter? Where they would have live people recreate stories? I used to watch that religiously! AND! I did cry so hard when I saw that! lol! I wash like B*tch! lol! The stupid girl her feel for! Oh well! beautiful as always DarkThornRose ;oD This way people who want to can give her a real happy ending... And well get rid of the stupid girl who took creadit for something she didn't do! okay I'm rambaling! GREAT JOB! lol!
!@_o!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 8:18 PM
I have this movie! It is so sad. I actually like it more than the Disney version although it did traumatize me just a little as a child.
Instructor
#10 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 8:52 PM
I loved this movie. I can't find it on DVD anywhere! So sad. ;_;
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 9:02 PM
Thank you for summarizing the original story, I'd forgotten how it differed from the Disney version although I did know it wasn't a happy (Disney) ending.

Thanks also for not giving her a god-blessed brassiere. Mermaids don't wear bras!
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 9:26 PM
um..where is pearl hairpin at at the site?/ I couldn;t find it..
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 9:31 PM
I had not remeber this Movie till I saw this and it caught my eye, now I totally Remeber that movie, I LOVED that movie when I was younger. I watched it all the time. Was so sad.

I am the Anti-Dote
#14 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 9:41 PM
I saw that version to shortly before I saw Disney's version and I must say I loved it much more than Disney's. I'm not saying that Disney's wasn't any good, because it was, but Anderson's taught a lesson about sacrifice, even though it was terribly sad. :sadpanda: Dang, now I want to watch that version again! lol

Your version of Marina is beautiful and I'm definately going to download her. Good job. :wave:
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 9:50 PM
wow I thought I was the only one to see this version when I was a kid. I loved it and I love your sim thank you .

I graduation grade school and I don’t have to take sh*t from anyone!

[COLOR=SandyBrown]
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.[/COLOR]
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 9:56 PM
WOW, Thank you so much for her! I loved this movie when I was young..... IT is far better than the disney version, Five starts and a huge thanks.

Sometimes the things you think you want the most turn out be those you need the least.
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 10:45 PM
omg ... i remember watching this as a child ...
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 12:19 AM
You have made a BEAUTIFUL sim.

I too loved this movie and I actually still own a working version of it. I love it much more then the Disney version, although I love Disney too. <3

Thanks so much.

My mommy says I'm special no matter what the other kids say.
The scars are souvenirs you never loose, the past is never far. [. 芭 .]
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 1:36 AM
Oh my gosh! My Grandmother use to own this video and I remember watching it and bawling like when I was about 4! I just remember her little dolphin friend at the end looking for her (or saying her name something to that effect) and it was soo sad! I've always wondered which movie that was b/c its no longer around.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 2:56 AM
I have that movie! I was crying too! *sniff*
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 7:59 AM
I love that movie! I watched it when i was really little so i didnt get it and then i saw it when i was a bit older and i understood why she turned to foam and I cried my eyes out!!!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) To be wise is to know everything else about something and nothing about everything else!

Click HERE to see George Bush kissing Johnny Howard!
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 2:55 PM Last edited by kirkat2k2 : 7th Mar 2006 at 3:29 PM.
This was a film??? Nobody told me, I read the book when I was 8, it was not that helpful at taking my mind off of that bluebeard story I'd read the day before =) Wonder if it is on a site for download anywhere...

http://hca.gilead.org.il/li_merma.html

You can read the story as well now =)
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 4:07 PM
LOL! i STILL have the movie, i made all my friends watch it, they didnt believe me when i told them disney ripped off half of the idea for the little mermaid off of this movie. Anywho... THAT'S AWESOME! THANKS!
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 8:24 PM
its really a sad movie, but she not only lost her voice, every step she took, if felt like knives. And she would dance for him, even though it made her feet bleed.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 8:19 AM
This is gorgeous! I'd love it if you could do an adult version of her tail at least. I love the mermaids with no bras, and I can't seem to find them anywhere. =/
Page 1 of 2