Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hunka Dealership

by flipchick74 Posted 6th Mar 2006 at 11:22 AM

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 4:48 PM
Great job Flipchick and such a 'nice to my comp sized' lot too! Thanks for sharing it with us. :clap:

Retired from Simming
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 4:57 PM
this is just what I was gonna build but I think you did a far better job then I could...thank you. This is awesome!

PS-will the cars disappear when one of my sims visits the community lot as I experimented with OFB and thought I had done it correctly but when my sim popped out to take a look at the cars there were none on the lot. Any thoughts?

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 4:58 PM
Thanks for this great work.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 5:13 PM
Thanks! Looks great and...just as importantly...very playable too.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 7:38 PM
great job flipchick!! love it!!

dont feed or tease the animals!!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 8:06 PM
:gidea: nice 1, thanks for sharing :jig:

*..·´°*°·..*..·°** { 7-zip here } **°·..*..·´°*°·..*
Michelle in England.
I'm a friend to everyone ;o)
*..·´°*°·..*..·°** { CEP here } **°·..*..·´°*°·..*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 8:42 PM
ZenFrog76, I've tested it out in my game and the cars are all showing up when my sims are visiting the lot. They can even purchase the vehicles too, but only because another sim bought the lot and designated the cars for sale in the wholesale pricing method explained in the link above...(If you just plop the lot in the neighborhood the cars will not be available for purchase). I have had no problems whatsoever of the cars not showing up in the game so it may just be the way you are placing cars in your community lot. Why Maxis doesn't make it easier, I have no idea
#9 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 11:28 PM
I tried it out, and something's wrong, nobody EVER buys the cars. I think, as is stated above, that you have to place the cars yourself to get it to work properly, you can't rely on the ones already placed for sale.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 1:54 AM
To reiterate, unless a sim owns the lot, the cars will NOT be buyable for visiting sims. But as soon as the deed is purchased by a sim, the cars will become sellable for the owner of the business and buyable for any sims visiting the lot.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 7:32 AM
You have to use the price tag button and make sure they are are priced for sale. You have to be the owner of the business first. Try that and I think the cars will be able to be bought by the customers.
Scholar
#12 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:42 PM
Nice upload, I like it...thanks!
#13 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 11:14 PM
Well, none of the solutions given to fix my initial problem helped. Obviously my sim was the owner and the cars were already priced when he bought the lot (price tag button wouldn't work at all with them), but nobody was able to interact with them (look at them, buy them, show item to, etc)...

But no matter, I just used move_objects to delete them and I placed cars myself and it works peachy!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:06 AM
Hi I downloaded yesterday and when I attempted to install, My pc restarted. The first time I didn't know exactly what had happened, so when I was back to windows, I clicked on the package again...Never had that happen before!

Any idea what might be going on?

Dance all day
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 5:45 AM
Sorry, I have no idea why your PC would restart like that. Is it still happening or were you able to install it ok? Do you have all the EPs?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 9:45 AM Last edited by annadee : 10th Mar 2006 at 12:24 PM.
Yeah, I have them all...I have no idea either...Regardless, it looks great! :D

EDIT: Just wanted to let you know it has nothing to do with this particular package. Any sims2filepack makes my computer crash. :grumble:

Dance all day
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 12:26 AM
Field Researcher
#18 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 1:21 AM
that's funny... Hunka...

i'm not mean
you're just stupid
http://reronaville.myminicity.com/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:44 AM