Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cheap Motel (requested)

by plasticbox Posted 30th Mar 2006 at 2:06 PM - Updated 1st Apr 2006 at 6:49 PM by plasticbox

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 7:24 PM
Very realistic motel, very well crafted lot! Thanks for sharing it Plasticbox

Retired from Simming
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 9:03 PM
Thanks!

I FIGHT LIKE A GIRL!
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 10:19 PM
so, can sims spend the night?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 10:28 PM
Yes they can.

Thats awsome. Can my cars really park in the parking lot?
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 10:51 PM
What a neat idea! I love it and I also hate :smash: doing the repeat same furniture and room shape size for my apartments and my attempted hotel.. So Thank you!

~Sarah~
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 12:43 AM
ashm357 -- I believe there's a hack that enables sleeping on community lots. Look in Game Mods, it's quite likely on this site somewhere.

IceFox -- I don't think so (I only tested it as residential lot). I faintly recall a thread about issues with parking on community lots, probably in Game Help ... I think the gist of it was that cars on community lots work like taxis, so they can't park. But I'm no expert on this, do a search if you want to find out more. I only put the cars there because the requester explicitely wanted a parking lot, and it looks a bit strange when it's all empty.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 3:14 AM
awesome lot, d/ling right now, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 7:15 AM
I was looking for something like this! Thank you

"It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over"
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 9:21 AM
I love it. I've been searching for some nice motels so my sims and I thank you.
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 12:50 PM
I saw this over in the requested threads and couldn't wait for it to be available
Thanks much!

Amish: 'Tis a fine barn, but sure 'tis no pool, English.
Homer: D'oh-eth!!!
Instructor
#12 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 9:48 PM
With the Resi-Busi hack, this should work for residential lots as well. I've already developed a set for the indoors of the rooms of the motel in Path of the Ming-Cho. It's where I'll have a late-night escape from a bombing scene and also where Jake and Hannah's revelations to one another about who they were in the past cause their relationship to go beyond mere friendship. (They suddenly remember their much younger selves during a chance encounter when Hannah was in Japan.)

But thanks to this, I won't have to develop the exterior from scratch for the outdoor scenes. I might have to recolor it a little to match the interior's scheme. I designed my stage set after a room in a real-life motel in Cocoa Beach, FL.
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 5:05 AM
Thank you so much, I love it!! You rule ^___^
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 5:19 PM
how can you get sims to spend the night over? becuz when i d/l it, they just went in and brought some groceries
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 6:53 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 1st Apr 2006 at 7:01 PM.
ashm, see the update in the original post ("Related hacks"). Not sure about pre-EP3 comm lot sleeping as I basically put the beds etc there just for show, but I'm quite certain that if there's an OfB hack there will be hacks for the other versions too. If you need a hack at all, that is.

Does anyone have experience with this (pre-OfB)? Feedback appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 8:15 AM
Plasticbox-
I have an issue here, I don't have OfB but do have the two remainder EP's. Thing is, that when my Sims come for a visit, it seems that they cannot "cook" by using the fridge, instead the only pie option available to them is to "Juggle Bottles".
I just wanted to create an illusion of sims having a TV dinner or whatever before heading off to bed. Any way you know how I could fix this?

Thanks in advance, and another thanks for the lot. Awesome work!

"Canada's military? What millitary?"
-Phillip Rieser
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 12:10 PM
Gram -- maybe there's a hack for this; I don't think they're supposed to be able to cook on community lots the way the game works by default. Like I said above, I did this by request and the requester didn't even specify whether s/he wanted it on a community or residential lot ... if you want your sims to actually live there (and not use it as a comm lot), I think life will be easier for you on the long run if you just changelotzoning to residential and put a buyable mailbox/trashcan somewhere -- make it a proper residential lot, in other words.
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 8:44 AM
I've been looking for like 2 hours, and can't find a pre-OFB sleep on community lot hack. :gonemad: I'm pretty sure I remember there being one, I guess I'm too tired to find it, heh. :snore: If any one does manage to find the EP2 version of the sleep on community lot hack, please PM me!
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 6:18 AM
I converted this lot to a dorm ~ great fun! Thanks

"I might not have been around, but I've been... nearby". ~ Mary Richards, "Mary Tyler Moore Show" ;)
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 2:12 AM
:2cents: That is HILARIOUS! I love it!

It is better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 12:55 PM
NL it is possible to sleep on community lots, I know this because I made a hotel that was fully functioning, I'd sleep on the lot and then work as a barister/bar tender through the day then go back to the hotel room to sleep again, did this for about a sim week before jumping in my car and driving home. OFB destroyed my illusions of running a hotel as a business, until now thanks for the link to the sleep on community lot hack!

Also, Its killing me wondering how on earth you managed to get the driveway extensions to sit parrallel to the road, every time I try to turn them round nothing happens. Please share as to how you got them to sit sideways on the lot.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 5:57 PM
For sideways driveways, there's an excellent tutorial on MATY (by JadeElliott). There's links to other related topics further down the thread, so don't just read the tutorial itself.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th May 2006 at 8:36 PM
Nice work and thanks for the links to the OFB hacks. I hated that Maxis tried to kill the hotel/motel building with OFB. And by the way all your work is great in my book. Thanks

Looking on the Bright Side of Life!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th May 2006 at 2:51 PM
It reminds me of the motel in Identity!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th May 2006 at 9:19 PM
Oh! this "cheap Motel" look just like a hotel i was visiti9ng in Denmark once! It is totally like it, even the same colours. Freaky.
However; very nicely done ^^

Im worth your attention
Page 1 of 2