Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Kirishima (45-degree angled Pagoda)

by en7en Posted 23rd Apr 2006 at 2:02 PM - Updated 22nd May 2006 at 5:51 PM by en7en

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 7:38 AM
Wonderful lot again! Thank you very much for sharing your talent with us

Retired from Simming
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 7:43 AM
Amazing! Fortunately here are so talented creators otherwise my simmies have to live in my boring houses :cranky:

Greetz

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämen wir hin,
und keiner ginge um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen. *Kurt Marti*
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 8:16 AM
wonderful just wonderful
Inventor
#5 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 9:58 AM
Wow, once again a wonderful japanese house by you. You're a great constructor. Thanks for sharing this excellent work.
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 10:37 AM
Aaargh!!! I begin to be really jealous.How could you make this wonderful 45° angled custom roof?Its so perfect and its so difficult to do!!!!

Its wonderful.Thanks so much for this new pagoda.
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 10:40 AM
Default requesting
u seem to be the pro when it comes to building chinese-stuff. but see here all u do is residential-lots, ive been wanting a chinese-restaurant since the original sims came out, i want a commercial chinese themed building, not to small, not to large, and without any big pools in the basement. Also preferebly one that doesnt alter the surrounding terrain, ive had a few lots that screwed up my whole neighbourhood. The whole reason i request is since after OFB you couldnt replace residential stuff like the mailbox with a phoneboot any longer, so i need a commercial base to start with. I was thinking two or three floors, a reeeeeally nice roof, unfurnished. Custom content is optional but not to much.

K faaaanks
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 10:44 AM
Ahhh!!! another beauty. Thank you for sharing with us. Peggy
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 11:46 AM
thank you! another great japanese house again! you are a really talented creator.

the who forever.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 1:11 PM
Could you, perhaps, tell me where you got that green roofing?

(Sorry if you had included it in your post, I must have overseen it then)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 1:38 PM
Mehrlicht: This one was easy: I just deformed the ground plane, by hand!

Yippie: I don't have any EPs... so all I can do is residential or community. Sorry!

Amy: It's a default Maxis tile: The green bathroom tile.

en7en - "that pagoda guy..."
Scholar
#12 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 2:20 PM
Thanks,en7en,I'll try to learn how to do it.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 2:30 PM
This is so cool, i´m just on a `japantrip´and get every japanese stuff i can reach. So is perfect for me! Thanx!^_^

Oi! Oi! Oi!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 4:13 PM
Default wonderful
great

another wonderful lot from your collection

thanks for that all

bigyipsi

(german chaos sim family)
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yippiesimmer
u seem to be the pro when it comes to building chinese-stuff.

Japanese...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 5:24 PM
Yes, good point, Libra. My stuff is japanese-inspired, which means it's focused on simplicity and subtlety. I use simple, unadorned dark woods, instead of bright reds. My pagoda roofs have a very slight uplift at the corners, instead of big sweeping curves. Chinese style is more about rich ornementation, bright colors, massive scale... Japanese is more natural, pure, subtle.

I feel that when you're doing architecture, it's very important to do your research, and pay attention to the details. Also, it shows respect to the japanese people, whose cultural sense of style I admire very much.

I might do a chinese pagoda someday, to show the difference.

Instructor
#17 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 9:01 PM
Love this lot. I already downloaded, what a great idea. A 45 Degree angle pagoda. This is something I never mastered in my pagoda experience. You did great!
Scholar
#18 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 11:00 AM
brilliant
thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 5:15 PM
Beautiful.

Quick question, because I didn't see it in your post - is there any custom content that you used that we need to download?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 5:47 PM
Nope. I almost never use custom content, except for a few wall paints I made myself, which are included in the file.

Field Researcher
#21 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 4:38 AM
wow, great stuff! i love your work! ^_^
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 8:54 AM
Looks great, and thanks for sharing! I downloaded two of your pagodas but my Sims refuse to enter the highest ground of this pagoda and I can' t build walls in the second one (the game says there is a tile). Please help!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 3:07 PM
Hurka:

Hmmm... not sure what you mean. I did test this house with a sim and all areas were accessible to him. Can you post a screenshot?

To build walls, you might need to install Numeror's unleveled walls.

Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 7:20 PM
Okay, I made a screenshot (look at the green black haired girl . To say it simply my Sims can' t enter the room. Thanx for the wall solution I will try to install that soon
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#25 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 12:10 PM
Wow, cool, a diagonal one...

Yippie: may ask someone with EP1 and/or EP2 but without EP3 to help convert it for you.
Page 1 of 2