Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default swimshorts replacement

by windkeeper Posted 16th May 2006 at 5:14 AM - Updated 5th Jan 2012 at 7:04 AM by CatOfEvilGenius

69 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 67 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th May 2006 at 5:18 AM
If you could do this for elders as well, it would be incredibly wonderful.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 16th May 2006 at 5:26 AM
I'm kind of confused, I have University and I want everything replaced with yours, so do I download all of the files? Thanks for the great set...I guess I should go delete your adult male swimsuit set I downloaded a few days ago.

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th May 2006 at 5:30 AM
cool trunks. my sims will love these

~he calls the mansion not a house but a tomb. He's always choking from the stentch and the fume. The wedding party all collapsed in the room, so send my resignation to the bride and the groom~ mcr-to the end
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th May 2006 at 5:32 AM
I have been using your longtrunks mesh for almost as long as it has been available (from TSR). I am thrilled you are sharing this here and improved upon it as a replacement.

Kudos.

"If you were to cut me, I would bleed polygons."
~ Ethan (Ctrl+Alt+Del )
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th May 2006 at 5:34 AM
Fantastic job on these. I can't wait to see how they look on my sims.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th May 2006 at 5:35 AM
If you have Uni, download all the files. This will unlock Uni young adult swimshorts for regular adults plus it will change them to swimtrunks.

Sorry, there will be no swimtrunks for elders, at least for now. This task was way too much work to track down all the connections between files and not affect some of the originals that happen to use the same Maxis meshes.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 16th May 2006 at 5:46 AM
Thanks for clearing it up - great work once again, windkeeper!

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th May 2006 at 5:48 AM
Very good work. I will download and appreciate.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#10 Old 16th May 2006 at 5:56 AM
This is great, I always hated those awful swimtrunks
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th May 2006 at 6:09 AM
I LOVE YOU. I *hate* those swimsuits the game comes with. So much love. :D
Instructor
#12 Old 16th May 2006 at 6:13 AM
Ooooh. Not only are your swimtrunks the best custom work I've found (and it's been a real hunt finding ANY decent male swim stuff), but now I can replace the fugly Maxis stuff as well.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th May 2006 at 6:46 AM
Oh, these are great! I was so tired of seeing men in what I thought of as hotpants when they wanted to go swimming, and not in real shorts. Thanks for this!

K.B.
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th May 2006 at 8:17 AM
Oh man, I have been *Wanting* this for the longest time! Thank you so much!!! Exclamation Point!

Your stuff is always amazing, Windkeeper. How do you do it?!?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 16th May 2006 at 9:14 AM
I usually just hit the rate and thank you button but I wanted to say thank you personally. I have never liked the Maxis swim trunks for adults, especially those swim briefs! Who in their right mind would wear those?!

You are wonderful!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 16th May 2006 at 9:40 AM
This is the best idea I have seen for a long time.
Scholar
#17 Old 16th May 2006 at 11:02 AM
Great, thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th May 2006 at 11:55 AM
You are brilliant!!! Thanx a million! I hope your next project is replacing the ugly trainingsuits and sports wear with nice ones!!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th May 2006 at 12:51 PM
OMG! friggin great! Finally! no more itzy bitzie tinnie winnie little bikinis for my guys. Eich! YOU ROCK!

-Isis-
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th May 2006 at 1:36 PM
Thank You!!!

I agree with Charleniehead. You should do this for elders too. It's scary enough seeing adults wearing short shorts, nevermind old men! LOL
Forum Resident
#21 Old 16th May 2006 at 2:39 PM
Thank you soooo much!! As many others have stated, I absolutely hated the Maxis swimtrunks... horrid bright icky and short. Now they'll have *real* swimtrunks for once...

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#22 Old 16th May 2006 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sapnish
Oh man, I have been *Wanting* this for the longest time! Thank you so much!!! Exclamation Point!

Your stuff is always amazing, Windkeeper. How do you do it?!?

I was dreaming of someone make this

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 16th May 2006 at 5:39 PM
Hey I absolutely love this shorts & downloaded them earlier but before I put them in my game I have a question - what happens to the men in my game who I chose the old swimming trunks for? Will they just be updated??

Thanks
Forum Resident
#24 Old 16th May 2006 at 6:50 PM
Oh my goodness! Thank you so freakin' much! I love them!! Those default maxis swim trunks were just not my idea of good looking swimwear. Thanks for making it so my townie dudes will look cute!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th May 2006 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sxysm05
Hey I absolutely love this shorts & downloaded them earlier but before I put them in my game I have a question - what happens to the men in my game who I chose the old swimming trunks for? Will they just be updated??
Yes, they will be updated right away. I will upload additional preview to show that once the downloads area is back online.
Page 1 of 3