Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Jade Teahouse. (Complex Pagoda Roof)

by en7en Posted 23rd May 2006 at 9:41 AM - Updated 23rd May 2006 at 11:05 PM by en7en

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd May 2006 at 10:03 PM
All I can say is "Awesome"! Your work amazes me each and every time!

"...If you want something, get it yourself. Or better yet, learn to live without." -Secondhand Lions
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd May 2006 at 10:07 PM
wow i love it
but how do i put it in my game?
thank you =]
Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd May 2006 at 10:13 PM
So awesome! And it's so sad I can't have it. My game has major conflicts with Numeror's walls after OFB had been installed. When I try to place unleveled foundation or build something with any foundation it just crashes.
But anyway, thanks. I'm half-happy only by looking at this lot ) I don't know what is it exactly, but you've got lots of it. I think they calls it talent )

"...And if wishes were horses, we'd be knee-deep in crap."
-- Dr. Robert Romano, /'ER'/
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd May 2006 at 10:17 PM
A new Pagoda house! I love all your houses! And the roof looks great! Flawless. The whole lot is perfect. Keep up the good work!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 23rd May 2006 at 10:48 PM
Thank you! Thank you!
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd May 2006 at 10:55 PM
Nice lot! It looks quite beautiful, I'll need to download it. Foremost, though, I'd like to commend you on your super duper picture taking skills. How do you do it? The pictures you post are always incredibly flattering, showing your lot from the best possible angle. As well, the aethestic effects on your lots are quite well done, with trees and colors carefully chosen and placed. You are quite the expert at building, whether it be the Eiffel Tower or the Shozen series. I hope you, as well as the rest of AAA, continue to produce such wonderful lots.

yum....tofu

Looking for a pagoda or two? Check my uploads in the Residential Section.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd May 2006 at 11:03 PM
Dice,

Thank you very much! For my pics, I set all graphics options to max, go into the design tool, and hit TAB for free camera. Then I take a long time to get just the right angle.
In photoshop, I adjust levels, kick up the saturation a little, and apply a dollop of sharpening. That's about it!

en7en - "that pagoda guy..."
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th May 2006 at 5:53 AM
As always another wonderful job. If I could I'd give you a great big "10". Hugs
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th May 2006 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peggy Ross
As always another wonderful job. If I could I'd give you a great big "10". Hugs
PS: I love the roof
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th May 2006 at 6:21 AM
Great work! You really have a talent for design. I'm always impressed with your work.

Thank you.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#12 Old 24th May 2006 at 6:56 AM
Gawd, all your work is so gorgeous. This is so pretty, I can't even make a cheeky comment about it being featured cos you're sleeping with Lyric. Damn yous. Yet another beautiful lot. Can I borrow your building gallbladder again next weekend?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th May 2006 at 7:14 AM
prettiest thing i ever saw. only if it was real and i could move in.
Scholar
#14 Old 24th May 2006 at 10:09 AM
Wonderful,
thanks for sharing

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th May 2006 at 4:31 PM
Stunning, absolutely stunning. The roofing is nothing short of amazing. The layout is just fantastic and versatile, and additional thanks for the achievement of ornate beauty on a playable small lot! Now if we only had the teppanyaki table from Bustin' Out! Thanks so much for sharing your lots, your talent, and your knowledge.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 25th May 2006 at 1:48 AM
The roof looks great!
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th May 2006 at 2:17 PM
Thank you! Thank you!
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th May 2006 at 6:34 PM
The building is gorgeous. However, when I loaded it in game, there were iron fences instead of walls, with windows hovering above them. I was able to replace the fences with walls, except on one portion of the smaller structure. I had an error message about not being able to level the floor or roof or some such. The other seven sides gave me no such problem, but aren't the floors and roofs are the same all the way around? Anyway, if the problem were my game, then it wouldn't replace the walls with fences, would it? I would think it would crash or just have no walls at all. So are you completely sure the version you uploaded is correct? Either way, it is beautiful, and I finally have a Japanese themed restaurant. Thank you.

Are you making any mansion sized houses with fancy roofs and lots of rooms instead of one or two chambers?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th May 2006 at 6:49 PM
Ionopachys:

1. Please read the initial posting. I clearly stated, in bold type, that you need Numeror's unleveled walls. Without it, you'll end up with black iron fences.

2. Please read the initial posting. I clearly stated that my profile has more pagodas from the Shozen series, and that includes mansions. If you do download Numeror's walls, you can make as many rooms as you want.

Thanks for the kind words!

Test Subject
#20 Old 28th May 2006 at 4:16 AM
I'm not sure I want to download the special walls because Numenor states that it overwrites a game file... I really want this tea house though... it looks beautiful and I can have my Japanese sim own her own Geisha house, could you tell me if there is any side effects to downloading the walls or if it's completely safe?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th May 2006 at 5:21 AM
n.donohue:

I've been running my own version of unleveled walls for a year and a half, Numeror's version for a few months. As far as I can tell, there are no side-effects. If you read Numeror's posting, he explains how to make a backup of your walls.txt file. If you do a backup, and run into any issues, it's extremely easy to revert to the backup.

So I'd say it's 99.99% safe. If you backup the file, it's 100% safe. Download away!

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th May 2006 at 4:11 PM
greattttttt....

"It was a great time. I had so much fun, but life goes on. I saw my Sims, was amazed, but also kinda sad. Two years- and I'm not a child anymore, not interested in Sims anymore. OMFG! I'm missing the time."

Adriano Selacini (8th Jan 2006 - 13th Oct 2008)
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th May 2006 at 10:14 PM
Did you happen to get the idea for the house from the game "Jade Empire" lol...
I LOVE that game!!!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 30th May 2006 at 8:44 PM
very professional your teahouse i'm amazed!

nothing there
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 1:54 AM
I never normally download lots but this one is just brilliant, thanks!
Page 1 of 2