Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Waterworld Terrain For Dirt Neighborhoods!

by QwinsepiaSquared Posted 29th Jun 2006 at 3:34 AM

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 3:57 AM
Thats so cool i love that dude in the picture standing in it lol thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 5:21 AM
Wow, I was just wishing for such a thing. I've been playing around with trying to build a canal city. I was just whining this afternoon about how bad the edges were always going to look. Just as soon as I can get this downloaded, I'm going to start building.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 7:33 AM
good idea, very usefull thanks -)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 8:04 AM
Hi. Do you think it is possible to make this type of mod but with outer space background? I mean, instead of water or sand, there should be stars, galaxies, a supernova, etc. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 1:50 PM
It looks beautiful in your pictures! Thank you! If you make something to change the streets to water I'm sure, we'll get some driveable boats and "... island in the sun ..." soon!
hexameter
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 3:47 PM
Thats great thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 3:50 PM
Glad you like it! Yeah, I can probably make the neighborhood object.

Hey fellow simmers, I'm not here at the moment. I've left the simming community for other hobbies in life. Eventually I will be back. Until then, don't expect any of your questions to be answered. Until I come back....

Happy simming!
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 7:55 PM
is there any way you could get the roads to be made of sand?

if not, it would be perfect for me
Instructor
#10 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 2:36 AM
Thank you,this is great.
But, QuwinSepia and White Cloud,that specific object,due to my many trys,can not be edited. I tried many,many times and came out with nothing. Anyways goodluck.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 11:18 PM
Mine is not working, I have all the expansions. and used q to download so it is in the right place. What is wrong
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 11:42 PM
Silly me!!! I selected dessert instead of dirt. Sorry every one. All fixed now
Instructor
#13 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 12:13 PM
woweeeee! Its gonna be great for mer-sims!
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 3:57 AM
OMG! Mio, Mio! Io prendere a mal di testa (from downloading) but !!

Tabs the kitty ;)
Mouse says hi!
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 10:06 PM
is there any chance of getting a fall-leaf cover for the whole neighbourhood?

!<< Im a Nutmegger fear me>>!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 11:15 AM
Possibly. The leaves would end up being humongo though!

Hey fellow simmers, I'm not here at the moment. I've left the simming community for other hobbies in life. Eventually I will be back. Until then, don't expect any of your questions to be answered. Until I come back....

Happy simming!
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 3:38 PM
U-Boatopolis, here we come! :D
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 8:40 PM
Interesting, but I hate it (no offense). It's not that it's not a good idea, but it doesn't go over dirt, it goes over grass. So my Pleasantview looked really odd.

As Time Goes By..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 4:12 PM
Hmm....that's pretty odd. I've tested this, and it only covered dirt. You sure your Pleasantview had the grass terrain, not dirt?

Happy simming!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 8:13 AM
I LOVE this Water neighborhood terrain BUT, I am having trouble with mine. I went to my neighborhood I wanted water in and I, (by the way it was already created with temperate terrain don't know if that matters), changed my temperate to dirt but it only showed the normal dirt no water. Can you possibly help me with this?

.....Laughter is Timeless, Imagination Has No Age, and Dreams Are Forever (Disney)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 11:34 AM
Try taking out the dirt package, load that specific neighborhood again, quit the game, put the dirt package back in the Downloads folder, and see if that gets it to work.

Also, this may seem like a silly question, but did you extract the rar file? Right+click on the downloaded file, and select Extract Here.... Otherwise the download won't work properly. Here's a link to an extractor: www.win-rar.com

Happy simming!
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QwinsepiaSquared
Hmm....that's pretty odd. I've tested this, and it only covered dirt. You sure your Pleasantview had the grass terrain, not dirt?

I've tried with other neighborhoods too.

As Time Goes By..
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 7:58 PM
I'm having problems.

This download only turns the roads in my dirt neighborhoods to water, the rest of the terrain is still dirt.

I put it in the download folder, whats wrong? I have uni, nightlife, ofb, and pets
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 5:48 PM
heh, this might be an a-typical 'thanks'... but... i somehow accidentally downloaded a similar mod (temperate to water) and i wasnt into the waterworld for all my neighborhoods (i love the temperate/grassy terrain)... i have been searching, in varying different ways, for WEEKS,to find out how to remove the water terrain... i finally stumbled onto the correct combo of search words, and found this post... thanks to your explaination of installation and file name, i was able to find the 'water' file in question, and remove it! *claps hands in glee*
i digress... THANK YOU!
much peace
namaste, H
(aka butter)
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 12:04 PM
wow this is great for mer sims
u should write a tutorial of how to make neighbourhood terrains
Page 1 of 2