Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*New Mesh* The "Open-wall" Bar *updated 07/06 fixed recolors

by lastrie Posted 3rd Jul 2006 at 6:39 PM - Updated 26th Nov 2008 at 11:09 PM by Canoodle

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 6:43 PM
Great work I've been looking for this all along

Sorry for how I write. English Isn't my language.
And check out my stuff HERE

Check out my tutorial how to make a fully walk able attic
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 7:02 PM
This is bloody fantastic. I've seen it so much in real life and until now have had to settle for having it sit in a gap between the walls. Thank you.

Check out my journal for helpful tips for creating Buy & Build Mode stuff for TS2!
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 7:08 PM
This must be great for community lots, to keep your stupid customers from running around behind the bar where they have no business!

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 7:28 PM
Very killer idea, thanks for sharing! It looks great, you did a nice job!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 7:42 PM
Hey-hey! Sweet idea! And that's an AWESOME marble "wall!" Wow, congrats on the feature slot, this really is a cool bar!

~Sarah~
Theorist
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 7:45 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 3rd Jul 2006 at 7:52 PM. Reason: Added the postscript
Default A Creative Solution!
This is a great idea, and I am glad to see that this bar has been featured already! I hope this catches on and we may look forward to seeing several recolours of the wall portion.

PS. Sorry Lastrie, I didn't see your note that you are already working on recolours. I like the white marble but it will be great to have more options!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 7:55 PM
i dont really see - this arch is a part of object? Or you just place some arch in the wall above it?

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 8:16 PM
This is amazing, thanks!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 8:22 PM
I knew the moment I saw this that it would be featured! A great idea coupled with a fantastic object- that's the makings of something irrestistable. Really, really cool.

Always,
Emma

PS: oh, duh, THANKS!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
i dont really see - this arch is a part of object? Or you just place some arch in the wall above it?

Hey Ailias, download it you'll understand
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 9:15 PM
i've no word!!! a very great idea... it was one of my problem!!! thank thank you

Orphea.

:rolleyes:
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 9:17 PM
Tout simplement génial...original, super...merci merciii!
biz biz

Sigh.....Sometimes I wish I was a Sim...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 10:03 PM
That's too farkin' cool! Thanx!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 10:05 PM
WOW!! Thank you so much for this it's great and needed keep up the great work
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 10:45 PM
i love your house! do you have it available for download?
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 11:03 PM
Sweet, this reminds me of my grandma's house where she had an arch thing inbetween the kitchen and dining room. Except, it was a table instead of a bar. Ingenious work though. Thanks!
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 11:05 PM
Thank you so much. I can't wait for the recolors.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 11:14 PM
Can you please make an invisible arch recolor for it as well? I don't quite see the arch fitting in with my houses, but an invisible one would leave me with just the bar, and it would be perfectly easy to hang something like a wall cupboard over it! Thanks for making this though, great job! :D
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 11:33 PM
I love this, it is great. Thanks for this!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 11:57 PM
i love this so much. it's the solution to a problem i always had with the bar. thank you.
Scholar
#22 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 12:10 AM
Dude, this is awesome!! I never had a place to put that bar without it seeming to be in the middle of the room. Thanks! :D
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#23 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 12:14 AM
Oh... Oh, wow. I don't think I'll actually use this much for bars, but I'm totally using this in front of counters on community lots - I always have my employee area blocked off and it looks weird having the counters butting up against empty walls. I've tried using curtains and stuff but I end up looking like I'm running a harem rather than a bakery.

Any chance you'd consider doing some any-size ones of these (separate end pieces and a middle extension)?

Anyway. Thank you! I love how useful this will be!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 12:16 AM
hystericalparoxysm (whew) I just downloaded it and took a quick look, it's not just the arch, it's an arched bar, so I don't think you could use the arch for anything else.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 12:17 AM
Friggin awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Page 1 of 4