Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Calvin Klein Outlet OFB Based on REAL STORE

by cokenasmile Posted 6th Jul 2006 at 8:29 PM - Updated 8th Jul 2006 at 4:34 AM by cokenasmile : typo, upload revised file with wall fix

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 8:33 AM
It is very realistic shop and also very well done. Great job!
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 11:07 AM
Thank you!

Please note that there is an unsupported wall segment a couple stories above the roof. I have no idea why, but there it is. To remove it, build walls under it, go up to that level and remove it and the supporting walls.

It shows up in the neighborhood view, and on the lot if you go up enough levels. I didn't even notice it until after all the pictures and the upload were completed. Sorry. It doesn't effect gameplay or looks, unless you go up enough floors. Just a cosmetic thing that most people will probably not see it in-game, but I wanted to point it out.

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 11:43 AM
Sweet1!
HEY SWEET1 BRO, THIS SHOP LOOKS LIKE A REPLICA FRM THE REAL THING NICE JOB!
Yours Truely
darealfreakinPIMP

Don't Hate The Player Hate The Game
Forum Resident
#5 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 12:25 PM
Awesome Shop!
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 12:31 PM
Thats awesome
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 1:03 PM
Don't know why, but suddenly I feel like shopping! thank you, it looks teriffic! :P
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 1:06 PM
Very realistic! Thanks for sharing! Does it come furnished?

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 1:09 PM
It looks very nice, but I think I fell in love with it from your description! It's obvious you took a lot of time and put a lot of love into this project so I will download it even though I don't usually download stores. Great job!
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 4:37 PM
omalleyc: Thank you! I did put a lot of work into it and learned (finally) how to make recolors/new textures just to make it look closer to real. Glad you like it!

corvidophile2: Yes, it is furnished just as you see in the pictures. That took the bulk of the work to get the placement of the racks and shelves just right. In fact, my first version was scrapped after I showed it to the store manager because I didn't have enough fixtures. I started this lot based on the manager's feed-back and even tried to mimic the color-flow of the clothes in my rack re-colors. I'd have taken pictures of the store's wall art to use but the manger said I couldn't, so I did image searches and the recolors of Lady In Red that you see in the game. They are very close to the prints found in the stores.

Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Jul 2006 at 1:51 AM
its AMAZING, thank you!
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Jul 2006 at 4:31 AM
Hi All,

As mentioned above, there was an unsupported wall a couple flights above the roof. Still not sure why. LOL I uploaded a revised lot with the unsuported wall removed. It wasn't a major thing, but the perfectionist in me wanted it done and done right. hehe It has a different name and will not replace the old lot.

And thank you for your comments and thanks!

Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 11:38 PM
OH MY F*CKING GOD!!!
It looks so good dude (quick quistion : got to much free time or something :-P)
Thnx for it i will download it and thank you for it ^^

http://www.ampache.org/ Is The Best Site For Music You Just Need To Send Beer To Him And You Have A Nice Site!!!!!
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 8:44 PM
Barspider--LOL Thanks. I made it before inventory at that store (talk about a week of late nights and no sleep!), back when I had time. Glad you like it.

Scholar
#15 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 4:11 AM
Thanks and 5 stars just doesn't seem like enough for all the time and effort and attention to detail--as well as enlisting the actual store manager's help for this project.

I like to build and decorate the SIM Buildings only occasionally. My thing is to customize the Sims themselves--that is a task I am addicted to putting time and effort into. Buildings and lots...nah. So I really appreciate folks like you who put so much effort and detail into the buildings and lots. If not for you all, my Sims would just have a bed and table and an outhouse on their lot. I'm not kidding--I actually played one family that way for a couple of days until I got the gumption to finish their house.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 4:37 PM
summersong86 LOL I totally understand and agree...This store is fabulous and I don't usually download lots but this one I did...Very awesome cokenasmile You did a wonderful job and I think it has paid off hopefully it will be featured because you do deserve it...5 stars from me coming right up...

When you see someone without a smile Give them Yours! Want to impress your Father this Father's Day come check out my new site...http://holladaure.ecrater.com/
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 11:45 PM
Thanks tweety64801 and summersong86.

Miss Bona Fiscalia
#18 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 10:27 AM
Hey, coke. Ofcourse it's awesome - like all your stuff is . You put so much into your creations and it shows. Great job and thanks a bunch.

"Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain."

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 4:55 AM
alot of work.. and it shows!

Joy
True Image Of Happiness

a.k.a. Small Town Sim
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 10:06 PM
Where did you get the posters from?