Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*UPDATED* Base Game & EP Floor Loom w/ Anims, Skill,and $$

by cokenasmile Posted 21st Jul 2006 at 2:19 AM - Updated 4th Dec 2008 at 1:24 PM by -Maylin-

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 114 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 5
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:26 AM
Soo cool Fantastic job. I love new animated stuff, very creative :valentine:
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:26 AM
Another brilliant creation. Keep up the good work.

He wasn't always an EVIL monkey.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:34 AM
My wife being a spinner and weaver is going to love this!! Any chance of a spinning wheel?
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:36 AM
h3nker, I spin, too and the spinning wheel and basket of roving is next up... a couple days if all goes well!

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:37 AM
Wow! This is really Amazing! Thanks alot :jig:

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside. - Stewie (Family Guy)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:37 AM
this is awesome, great idea cloning it from a piano, the animations are almost the same on a floor loom! Does it play music when you use it?

Do not post my creations anywhere unless you have my permission

Check out my website!
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:40 AM
LOL djsclaus, no music. But it *did* take a while to figure out how to make it that way! :D

Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:54 AM
cokenasmile, Would a nice Schacht upright be to much to ask? She recognized the the loom as a Harrisville I think. One of the things we miss from Sims 1 was the working spinning wheels from Making Magic.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:01 AM
h3nker, do you mean the Matchless? I can't see one called the upright... Saxony, Reeves, and Saxony Reeves... PM me with a link to a pic, or just cross your fingers. I was going to do the Louet S15 plus a more traditional wheel, but I'll see what I can do. I didn't have Sims 1 or Making Magic, so you may need to tell me in crayon what you are after.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:07 AM
Wow, this is very very cool! Great concept and execution too of course. Can't wait to see what else you create; keep up the good work.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:09 AM
thats good, but it's always nice to have some music while your'e looming

Do not post my creations anywhere unless you have my permission

Check out my website!
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:12 AM
this is awesome! Thank you ever so much! :D

Teenagers, they think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you.-The Little Mermaid

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:25 AM
She has the Matchless. Karla is thinking on how to get sims to knit. Mrs. Crumpelbottom knits in the game so the animation is out there...
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:28 AM
Wicked awsome... I'm in love with you right now, haha. Thank you so much.

Slightly Delusional.
Completely Insane. <33
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:31 AM
h3nker, I'll see what I can do on the matchless, and thanks for the info on the knitting...

Field Researcher
#17 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:33 AM
The sewing machine was great, but this one is absolutly amazing!

While the sewing machine could make clothes it'd be neat to see this make rugs or tapestries...

Amazing job, I look forward to the spinning wheel.

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:35 AM
This loom is beautiful. It looks exactly like the real one pictured, and it has a low poly count! Are you sure you're new at this?! I used to take weaving lessons and I loved it - so this brings back some great memories. Thank you so much for making it - I can't wait to see more of your set!

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:37 AM
Anyone know if this is OFB compatiable
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#20 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:40 AM
That is so incredibly, absolutely, fantastically BEYOND COOL! It's totally the sort of thing I would have NEVER thought of, but what a wonderful thing for a lower-class medieval household for creativity gain! Your mesh is lovely, your textures look great and accurate, and I can't wait to give this a try in the game. Thank you so much for sharing - and my tall hat thanks you for following the mesh upload guidelines so well, too.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:40 AM
Ding318K,

I have OFB installed and I tested it a lot in my game while developing it. I didn't yet try to sell it, though a ticket machine on your lot would make people pay to use it.

Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:46 AM
HystericalParoxysm,
LOL I'm so glad you like it! Funny thing about reading... you learn how to do this stuff and how to fill in your upload info. You Mod's are very clear, and put up with a lot of people needing it in crayon. Thanks for making the site what it is! Yay! I should throw in a thanks to you, too, since I learned a lot from reading your answers in other people's posts.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:08 AM
Amazing. I can't wait to see how you manage the spinning wheel -- it doesn't seem like the piano animations would work for that, but I could be wrong.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:11 AM
O-M-G!!! THANK YOU!!!... I am so psyched! As if the sewing machine were not enough (I was thrilled), but now a loom!!! Such a good day in my Simmies' world.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:15 AM
aqualectrix, I'm not using the piano for the spinning wheel, but the piano did seem best for the sewing machine and loom. The loom and sewing machine were first up since they came off the same object and it was just easier to organize that way. I really have tried to find the best "fit" for each item as far as animations go because it makes less work for me to get it looking ok.

Page 1 of 5