Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Bod Squad, standing up for body size tolerance!

by jmtmom Posted 25th Aug 2006 at 3:37 AM - Updated 15th May 2007 at 2:29 PM by jmtmom

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 4:25 AM
If you can make a genetic skintone/nude mesh for each of these, I will start developing clothing for them. Great job.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 4:45 AM
These are great! And I would love to see them as genetic also, if you could do that. Thanks for them!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 5:14 AM Last edited by jmtmom : 26th Aug 2006 at 5:36 AM.
I'm glad you like them. I hope I didn't confuse anyone. Non-Default Skintones DO exist for all these body shapes, see the links above. If you want to make these particular skintones linked to different body shapes, do the following:

1) Download the Non-default skintone and all the meshes required.
2) Open Body Shop
3) Click on "Create Parts", then "Genetics", then "skintone", export both skintones. Name them so they will be easy to find again (ie skinny body mesh, Plus size, Body builder, etc.)
4) Open your projects file (EA Games/The sims 2/Projects)
5) Open the folder of the skintone that you want to be genetically linked.
6) Copy all the BMP images, paste them into the folder of the genetically linked skintone you downloaded, let them overwrite the images.
7) Reimport your skintone. Make sure to put a note in the box that tells you what it is (ie: linked to Warlokk 34-32;linked to Melodie9 Fat Family; linked to Female Body Builder)

*There is no way to test the skins in bodyshop, you must start the game and check it there*

I considered doing this for these sims, but it would have greatly complicated everything, and may not have been what everyone wanted. Once you link a skintone to a non-default nude mesh, all sims made with that skintone will have that body shape when showering regardless of the clothes you put on them. I also thought it would confuse the issue greatly to have different versions of the same skintone floating around. If anyone ever re-uploaded that skintone without instructions, there would be bodiless sims floating around. So I decided against it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 5:45 AM
Thanks for this. They are all beautiful. I am not so sure any game is "just a game", though. A high school friend of mine almost killed herself with anorexia while trying to emulate media figures. It took a heart attack at age 16 to make her stop, at which point she weighed 76 pounds. I join with you in asking the important question, what is wrong with us as a society that we cannot seem to learn to respect natural diversity?

The Maxis "fat" mesh for women is actually thinner than the average US adult woman today.

Jaedle
a Tough Tina, daughter of a Big Brenda, friend of a Commando Connie
Forum Resident
#6 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 5:59 AM
This is great. I truly admire you for this creation; not everyone has the guts to take a stand like this- and a fun one as well. I also admire that, rather than write a 'rant' or something like most people, you took otherwise negative energy and made something really fun and creative. Three cheers for you! ^^

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 6:47 AM
These Are Great! I am looking forward to getting these girls in my game. They'll be a welcome addition to the neighborhood and At last i will be able to have my female rels simselves look more like thems. Thanks for sharing them.. Brava!
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 10:04 AM
This is just what I was waiting for! Finaly some really tough girls! I love them, thank you very much for doing them, you're a great creator!
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 4:37 PM
"The Bod Squad, TVO’s popular ambassadors of good nutrition, returns to spread their message of healthy eating."
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 10:23 PM
I'm glad this strikes a chord with others. I hope everyone knows that I didn't create any of these meshes. I just put maxis textures on them and made sims with facial features that fit with the body types.

If you want more clothes for the different body types, here's where to look.

Clothes for slender sims are the hardest to find. There are some recolors of the FaerieGurl mesh and Warlokks 34A tops with 32 hips match perfectly.

There are lots of clothes for plus-size sims. Search for Martaxl and Melodie9 to get started.

Over at The Insiminator there are clothes for the female body builder.

Some other bodyshapes I like to use are the Zenman Big Female meshes, here at MTS and the Male Body builder by BeosBoxBoy at The Insiminator.
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 12:33 AM
Default Mega Thanks!
Fat chicks rule!! Thanks for such great Sims.

Hugs from a former SSC (Sexy Skinny Chick) turned BBW!! :lovestruc

Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 3:03 AM
YUSS! FINALLY! somebody who thinks fat AND skinny is acceptable.
I am EXTREMELY freakishly thin and I get nasty 'anorexic' comments all the time!
Its not easy to be thin, trust me

Mrs Brad Pitt/Tom Cruise/Sawyer from LOST
Perfect In Every Single Way
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 3:44 AM
What a fantastic job you've done. I really appreciate the effort you (and other folks) have done to give us the opportunity to put some real body diversity in our game. I, too, was very annoyed at the "fat" sim that Maxis put it. It was downright insulting because a fat sim would be smaller than the average person in real life, as someone else has pointed out. I really found that to be a not-so-subtle slap in the face.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 4:22 AM
Warlokk just posted a new series of his 34A series. The 34A with 32 hips is perfect for the slim sims, matches with the FaerieGurl mesh I used here.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=186281
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 9:29 AM
Infinite kudos to all who contributed to The Bod Squad project! You just made myself (a BBW) and my boyfriend (who keeps asking me why the Maxis "fat" SIMS are so lame) very, *VERY* happy! Once he sees Big Brenda...I won't get my computer back for days!

They are all amazingly beautiful! I look forward to seeing more!
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 8:59 PM
Thank you for this =D I really like it. Too often it's put into an issue of "appearance", when it's an issue of "health and happiness." it's wrong to go to either end of the spectrum, because whether you go too thin or too fat, you can hurt yourself with both. There's a happy medium, but the medium is /not/ limited to one specific, perfect body type. Thank you for making something that doesn't side with one drastic end of the appearance spectrum, but includes a variety of healthy, normal people =) You rock =D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 5:31 PM
aww wow! these a great, its nice to be able to have some variety in my game now. And your totally right, why pick on something thats just a part of life ^_^

Nothing From Nowhere, I'm No One At All, Radiate, Recognise One Silent Call As We All Form One Dark Flame
Incinerate

BLITZKREIG BOOM
Instructor
#18 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 5:51 AM
jmtmom! *hugs* You go girl! I had no idea you had done this, but I am mightily impressed. You did a superb job making the clothing look right on all three bodies, which is no mean feat. Even if you started with a Maxis texture, it was work getting them to all look right I am sure. I have been saying for some time that more skinners need to make their creations available on a variety of the body shapes that are available. It serves none of us to stay in the niches we know, we do not grow as artists, we do not serve the needs of the Sims community. So a great cheer should go up for you doing this jmtmom, more people need to do this.

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 1:55 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 11th Oct 2006 at 2:34 PM.
Glad you like them Beos. I really enjoyed making them. These are my favorite sims, even more than all the Tolkien sims I've made. I think they are all beautiful and it adds such interest to the game to have different sizes and shapes.

Of course you and Marvine have given us some wonderful meshes. Thanks for what you add to all our games everyday.
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 12:00 PM
Beautiful, being a bbw i can really appreciate the detail that everyone puts into the sims, now finally i can be myself in a game and look right.. lol

Keep up the awsome work, i also wanted to know if you'd considered making a bbw culinary outfit as well, being that that is my chosen profession, at least in the sims.. lol

Thanks again for the awsome work
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simcrazy11
Beautiful, being a bbw i can really appreciate the detail that everyone puts into the sims, now finally i can be myself in a game and look right.. lol

Keep up the awsome work, i also wanted to know if you'd considered making a bbw culinary outfit as well, being that that is my chosen profession, at least in the sims.. lol

Thanks again for the awsome work

Glad you like Big Brenda, she's my favorite. Sorry, I'm not making things right now. It's easier than you might think though, to put different textures on meshes. Lots of tutorials out there. In this case, I just took extracted Maxis textures and put them on Martaxl's great mesh. Check out her profile, you'll find lots of great BBW things.
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 12:37 AM
Thanks so much for this upload!
You have no idea how angry it makes me to see people making sim skins that are SKINNIER than the already terrifyingly skinny default.
And lets face it, maxis' version of fat is anything but, it just looks like a more healthy version of the skinny one.
Its nice to see some people appreciating the beauty of body types other than ones that don't fit a healthy BMI.
-Toxin
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 16th May 2007 at 8:31 AM
GREAT!!
Oh, thank you thank you thank you!! I hate the Maxis body types. Their version of 'Normal' is really, really skinny, and their version of 'Fat' is what I think is pretty much normal. So what REALLY angers me, like toxinsinmyhead, is creators giving their teens even thinner bodies! Like, a non-existent waist! Isn't that just insane?? It's like, 'Here, have some anorexia', and they go, 'Ohh, but that's not skinny enough, let's make 'em even THINNER!!'
So, people who create stuff like this really make my heart bounce. Thanks!!
Inventor
#24 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 8:26 PM Last edited by ScorpioMaurus : 29th Mar 2009 at 8:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by myscenegirl73
YUSS! FINALLY! somebody who thinks fat AND skinny is acceptable.
I am EXTREMELY freakishly thin and I get nasty 'anorexic' comments all the time!
Its not easy to be thin, trust me

Yes it's sad i am a Momma Lisa size and everyone talks about how fat people get degraded all the time but I honestly think people are slightly more judgemental about thinner people. Maybe it's because some people are afraid to say things to people like me because I'm big enough to crush them with my big butt lol.

I have a male friend who is the same height as me but is just over a 3rd of what I weigh. he eats more than me and people are rude to him all the time saying he needs to eat and it's not fair because he definitely can polish off a whole lot more food than I can. So even though I'm far from skinny I understand your frustration, At least when I'm with him I can defend him since he's not only tiny but very shy.

Another thing I know is that for some skinnier people depending on your body shape it can be very hard to find clothes. Some clothes may be really cute but require you to have a bigger bust etc.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 1:50 AM
Now my simmies can be more realistic! Yay! <3
Page 1 of 2