Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teleporter shrub and painting

by jordi Posted 6th Sep 2006 at 11:13 AM - Updated 4th Dec 2006 at 12:26 PM by jordi : Pets compatibility note

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 11:26 AM
Not sure what the difference is between Igne Jones plant or yours ?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 11:30 AM
You can turn Sims into townies OR downtownies (Inge's only allow you to make them into townies), the menus have been edited, and some other minor fixes (including making the painting available at comm lots).

Trivial changes, but I figured I'd put them up for those who want them :-p
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 11:55 AM
Thanks Jordi, the teleporters were too important a utility to leave just gradually getting outdated. I don't think I could play my game without teleporters and PYplants
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#5 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 2:00 PM
Very nice additions
Thank you!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 6:30 PM
I already have the teleporters (not sure which version, though) and LOVE them. They are perfect for making movies because instead of making multiple copies of Sims, I just teleport them to different lots as needed.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 7:46 PM
Great choice of file name, by the way. Even those people who don't actually read the posts will know whose work this is based on. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 9:50 PM
Excellent! So needed a teleporter
Forum Resident
#9 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 11:05 PM
good job!! thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 3:00 AM
Thank You, I can always use the teleporter one for sure.
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 2:28 PM
Wow, this is excellent! Thank you.
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 5:22 PM Last edited by morgeesmomof3 : 8th Sep 2006 at 6:06 AM. Reason: Got Answer to problem.
I love this. I had a small issue but I don't know if it is me or a glitch, but I picked 2 sims at reandom to teleport from the painting, they had weird names I hadn't heard of, So figured if it didn't work no foul. They both came, but then I got the message, that they had died and their ghost would be teleported back to the place of death. no problem with the shrub though. I am kind of new at this, Did I do something wrong? I have all the available expansion packs at this time. Thanks for the answer. I used it for a sim I knew was alive worked perfectly. Great for keep up relations with townies who have no phone. Brilliant!! Thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 5:53 PM
You may summoned seen some of the pre-dead (Sims that only appear in the family tree of the Maxis pre-made Sims). Summoning dead people can lead to unexpected results
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 5:14 PM
jordi, i downloaded this when you first put it up, but i wanted you to know how much i love it.Thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 5:47 AM
Didn't Inge Jones create this?Can you do that?Just putting your name on it?Did you ask her for permission?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 5:49 AM
sorry,I red more carefully,you gave her credits,sory,please!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#17 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 9:46 AM
Hi Vanessa, I am always happy for people to further develop my ideas.
Instructor
#18 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 7:32 PM
I don't know how I missed this before, but...

I used a teleporter in Sims 1 all the time. I am thrilled that you guys made one for Sims 2. Thanks!

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 9:31 AM
Thank you so much for this! Been using Inge's TPP and will replace it with this one. <33
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 4:05 PM
Weee! the shrub helped me to get a child back that the social worker took when I started playing Sims 2. I missed her so much! Thanks! =D
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 5:03 AM
Does this work with Pets? Because I have the old version, and it doesn't work very well with Pets.
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 3:03 PM
It does not allow you to teleport Pets, but still works for Sims. I plan to eventually update it for Pets.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 4:02 AM
The only one still allows to teleport Sims in Pets but it seems to lag and and slow down to skip the pets or something.

Does this do that too? The lagging and slowing down part I mean.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 6:57 PM
I'm getting this too in Pets with the slow lag time, usually stopping altogether after the first set of names with both the painting and shrub. I sure hope you update this--I can't get anybody over during the day because they all seem to be at work, I guess.
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 12:27 PM
Note added on Pets compatibility. I cannot reproduce the slowing down on my fastest PC, but I can on a slower PC. Therefore I think it is simply due to the increased number of files.
This object does not and cannot corrupt your 'hood in any way and I am therefore stating it safe to use with Pets.
Page 1 of 3