Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Midnight Mystery Canopy Bed & 1 Recolor- Sims 1- UPDATE! 4-22-08

by Corsetcrush Posted 2nd Oct 2006 at 7:54 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2008 at 12:13 PM by Corsetcrush : Required site uploads update

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 8:00 PM
They are really nice !! =]

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to. =]
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 8:02 PM
Amazing! I loved this object onb the sims 1, seeing it makes me miss the sims 1 (especially makin' magic!)
thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 8:24 PM
I LOVED this bed! I wanted it so badly in sims 2! Thank you sooooo much :-D!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 8:27 PM
Oh THANK YOU!!!! This is wonderful!! One of the best objects from the sims, and now even better because its for the sims2!!!

Are you thinking of converting any of the other things from sims 1? If you are I'd love the fountain from the original game (no exps) and the mixed flower bed also from the original game.

Thank you so much again this is great and I cannot wait to see it in game!!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 8:50 PM
Awwww! It's like old times...I miss Sims 1 (still play it, in fact ). Nice job - love Sims 1 stuff. A million and one thanks! :D

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 8:51 PM
Beautiful, Great work

Thank you for sharing,
Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 9:21 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!!
I've begged for this item to be re-created. Now it has. I had dozens of recolors for the originals and if I can ever figure out how to work the newer versions of SimPE, will attempt to recolour for my own personal use only!!!!!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Gillian
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 9:21 PM
More Sims 1
Quote: Originally posted by SimVeggie
Are you thinking of converting any of the other things from sims 1? If you are I'd love the fountain from the original game (no exps) and the mixed flower bed also from the original game.

I've thought of the flowerbed as well, but I'm still trying to think of the best way to do it without making the polys be too high. It would be simple except for a couple of the flowers grow up (like foxglove) so I'm still trying to think that part through. I wonder why Maxis didn't do a mixed flower bed for Sims 2? I was really suprised when I realized that there wasn't one!

As for the fountain, I assume you mean this one:

I have yet to learn how to modify water (I'm not sure if there is a tutorial anywhere for it) but I'd love to learn because there is a new sink I want to make for another (non Sims 1) set I'm working on. By the way, any guess what that thing is supposed to be on the top of the fountain? It looks like an odd blob, but that wouldn't make the fountain too pretty. It's one of the objects that has the same pic for all of the views. There was some REALLY amazing fountains in some of the later Sims expansions, but I'm not sure if the poly count would be anything but staggering, and have it still look right.

I'm glad all of you like my object, it was a bit frightening uploading my first object to Mod after knowing how many really great things that are here already. I really hope to do more Sims 1 stuff, I'd still play Sims 1 if the camera angles weren't so painful! I think Sims 2 has spoiled me... But at least I have it to use as a referance!

~Corsetcrush
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 9:24 PM
great job!

~RDSX667~ my site
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gilliansl
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!!
I've begged for this item to be re-created. Now it has. I had dozens of recolors for the originals and if I can ever figure out how to work the newer versions of SimPE, will attempt to recolour for my own personal use only!!!!!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Gillian

Would having the UV map help with recolors? If you have Photoshop I have the texture images seperated into layers to make recolors a lot easier. Pwersonally I'd love to see how someone would recolor my meshes!

~Corsetcrush

(SimPE is really easy to use for recolors just as long as you get it installed) :D
Alchemist
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 9:34 PM
I really loved this sims 1 bed.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 9:46 PM
They look fantastic - well done!
Scholar
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 9:47 PM
Thanks so much for this awesome adaptation of a wonderful Sims 1 bed.Please,make more things,we will never have enough!!! Can't wait to see your work.THAAANKS!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 9:51 PM
This is great; thanks so much!

If you're converting things from Sims 1, you'll have your hands full; I think everybody has their own favorite missing object. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:17 PM
I love it! That was my favourite bed too. I think I might do a recolour because I can see some things in the texture that could be improved.

Check out my journal for helpful tips for creating Buy & Build Mode stuff for TS2!
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:26 PM
That thing on the top of the Sims 1 fountain kinda looks like it could be a ballroom couple dancing, like Cinderella and her Prince.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
This is great; thanks so much!

If you're converting things from Sims 1, you'll have your hands full; I think everybody has their own favorite missing object. :-)

Unfortunately I know that too well. But I was also hoping it might encourage others to add to the stack of converted Sims 1 things. It's just no fun making meshes and not sharing them!

Melly_Sim was a huge encouragement with the things she has already uploaded, I wanted to give her more acurate objects to work with for her wonderful lots. So if you haven't seen her lots yet, then you are rather silly.

~Corsetcrush
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:52 PM
This is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing! I missed this bed!

Visit Fashion Sims for awesome clothing for all of your sims!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:53 PM
Awsome!
I adored this bed thanks heaps!

Cats Will Be Your Leaders!!!!!!!!!
98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.

*OZZEL* For Eva!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 11:34 PM
This was, bar none, my favorite thing from the Sims1! you rock so very very much! Thank you thank you thank you!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 11:39 PM
I love this bed too! Thank you for converting it..You have done an awesome job!
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 11:57 PM
Very amazing job. Thank you
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 1:27 AM
OH MY GOD! I was just thinking about how much I missed this the other day! Thank you so much! I love it!! :D
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 2:39 AM
This is really a nice mesh. I'm looking forward to using it in my game. I'm also hoping people will recolor it. You can never have too many choices !
Page 1 of 3