Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gain body skill points extremely fast with Magic Exerciser - Bugfix 2007-04-25

by CtfG Posted 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:39 AM - Updated 1st Apr 2008 at 10:10 AM by CtfG : SSn Bugfix regarding Plantsims using this object

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:30 AM
i needed this thx
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:17 AM
thats cool but what are the standards? i dont get why that doesn't meet them its so cute and i want it!! lol
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 9:48 AM
Cooool. lol. Some cheats are needed. (You have tons of ex. machines by the way, do those come with Nightlife, etc?)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 10:40 AM
@ Lumpy ("thats cool but what are the standards?"): This dress has a color fill from red to a slightly darker red and yellow seams. Plus an irish flag and the text "UCD" on the back, which stands for University Complex Dublin. As far as I understood the rejections, that's way too few to give "high quality".

@ Kizzmon ("You have tons of ex. machines by the way, do those come with Nightlife"): I took this device from the files that came with the original game to ensure it would work with all EP's.

BTW: Three more objects are planned: a bookshelf for faster learning of cooking, mechanic and neatness, a chess board for logic, and finally a mirror for charisma. With that, the "Magic" collection will cover all the skills. Right now, I'm working on the hidden skills like homework, dancing, romance, meditation and so on, and I'm trying to figure out where this values hide and how I can influence them. So please be patient if the next "Magic" objects will take some time to show up here. Thanks
Instructor
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:41 PM
And I'm going to prove that man truly is the only animal to stumble thrice over the same stone-- even though I can't get any of your other stuff to work, I am STILL going to download the entire "Magic" collection from you as you finish it. ^_^"

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 9:34 PM
Great, needed this, thanx.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 4:26 AM
help I have alot( I mean alot of downloads) and something must have affected this one cause my skill points go down now, so I deleted the bike but skills still go down instead of up! help!!!If i take the smart potion cheat I can build skills but I think it's normal speed. I'm not complaining stuff happens Ya? But please give me an idea of how to fix? you can delete this post as this is probably not the right place to talk about it, this is a first god knows as many DL as I have I was kinda asking for something like this. great idea though!! Thank you!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 8:40 AM
coverdale0,

get the Hack Conflict Detection Utility HCDU at http://www.simwardrobe.com. This will show you which hacks conflict with each other. As for skills going down: My hack only affects the speed with which skill points are gained, but it does not modify the arithmetic Also, my hack is not permanent like a virus or something like this. If you deleted it and the skills still go down, it must be some other hack. Maybe one in a downloaded lot?

Try the HDCU. It's a great help for checking out what's wrong. Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 2:07 PM
Oh thank you very much, I would like to have other stuff to make more faster skill point like the piano or the easel :lovestruc

More stuff on our site Sea Sims and Sun
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ililas
Oh thank you very much, I would like to have other stuff to make more faster skill point like the piano or the easel :lovestruc

I'm on my way to create one object for each skill. Finished right now: Easel (creativity), Exerciser (body), and this one. Check back frequently for more
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 1:25 AM
UPDATE - Bugfix

Just uploaded a fixed version of MagicExerciser. The old version used wrong GUIDs and will thus overwrite the base model which I cloned. Effect: It can't be bought. It's the machine for §1,400. My apologies to all who ran into problems because of this, but this was an error which I won't make again.

CtfG
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 1:28 AM
wowowow, i'm so happy, yessss!!!

More stuff on our site Sea Sims and Sun
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 10:39 AM
The problem with my objects not showing up in the base game is kind of solved. Please read here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=193604, post #23.
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 6:11 PM
i'm months late but if you ever get around to reading this ur a mircle worker hehe
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 9:09 PM
Update 2007-03-29
This hack works with SEASONS. No modifications necessary.

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 2:15 AM
I have Seasons, and there seems to be an issue with this object and the Plantsims--they can't use it. I tell them to work out and they walk to it and stand there, and then the action fades from the queue. The normal sims can use it, the problem is only with Plantsims.

Aside from that, I love all of your 'magic' skill building objects. It's even better that they're so expensive to buy, because I can have my sims save up for them (don't like money cheats) and when they can finally buy one I have no 'cheat guilt' for the benefits. Thanks for making these!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dawnadoggies
I have Seasons, and there seems to be an issue with this object and the Plantsims--they can't use it. I tell them to work out and they walk to it and stand there, and then the action fades from the queue. The normal sims can use it, the problem is only with Plantsims.

Aside from that, I love all of your 'magic' skill building objects. It's even better that they're so expensive to buy, because I can have my sims save up for them (don't like money cheats) and when they can finally buy one I have no 'cheat guilt' for the benefits. Thanks for making these!

The high price was made exactly for that reason: the sims (the player ) shall get the feeling to have achieved something. As for the plantsims: I will immediately have a look at this problem and come back here.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 9:58 AM
Bugfix 2007-04-25
Problem: When a plantsim uses the MagicExerciser, the action either fades out or (in debug mode) produces an error: "Invalid Constant". This was because "Seasons" introduced two new values for Hygiene decay regarding plantsims: Const 0x1005:0x06 and :0x07. I took these values (-50 and -100) from the Seasons Constants and added them to the MagicExerciser. This fixed the problem. Thanks to dawnadoggies for finding this error
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 3:15 PM
Yay! Thanks for updating this so quickly; I'm impressed.
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 2:24 AM
Is this, (and all of your other fast skill point mods) BV compatible? This is genius!!! I'm just curious. Thanks!

Take care :)
~Aries
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:11 AM
Update 2008-04-01
This object is outdated by EP7 "FreeTime" and no longer supported. For further details, please check: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...558#post1919558

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 12:37 AM
Excellent work in this mod!!!
But I just wanted to add that it also works on expansion Castaway Stories