Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gain charisma skill points extremely fast with Magic Mirror - Update SSN

by CtfG Posted 23rd Oct 2006 at 4:50 PM - Updated 1st Apr 2008 at 10:07 AM by CtfG : Update FREETIME info

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 4:57 PM
Yay, first reply! *first comment dance, downloads, thanks*

And yes, Custom Content is ON. I was toying with a sim last night, and she had custom skin, custom hair, custom eyes, custom makeup (from three different creators!)... I will re-download everything of yours and see if I can get it all to work this time. I'm an Engineering major in college, I should be able to troubleshoot this! >_<

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:03 PM
Proxian_girl,

one last idea for this: If you run the original game without any EP, then the downloads should not be in a subfolder of \Downloads. Subfolders were introduced with NL. Now I'm really out of ideas why this d.... stuff doesn't show up in your game. Sorry
Instructor
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:18 PM
I've done something on my own, which is give back the borrowed game I was running off of and get my own, so maybe that will help-- maybe the problem was with the game I'd borrowed. I'm gonna de-install the secondhand game this afternoon and re-install the new game, and if that doesn't work... I'll just go without. I've still downloaded and thanked for all your items, and I realize I've got a pretty unique problem here. Thank you so much for your patience through a very confusing problem!

*gives you five stars*

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:28 PM
You're welcome, and thanks for the 5* One last hint: If you re-install the game, make sure that you also install the appropriate patch after each and every game. Means: Install TS2 - patch - install Uni - patch... I ran into some problems when I re-installed all games in a row and patched only the last.

Anyway, I can't imagine that a borrowed game is different from from a bought game. As long as you use the original CDs / DVDs, everything should be okay. But I'll cross my fingers for you
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:40 PM
THANK YOU! Getting Charisma is my most hated skill!
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:44 PM
That might be the issue. I don't think I ever did patch my game... *doof*

Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 7:20 PM
My more shy sims thank you!
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 12:01 AM
Ok this is great.
when it say's up there... :-/ does this only work with the base game?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jhndvdprkr
Ok this is great.
when it say's up there... :-/ does this only work with the base game?

It works with all EP's, but it requires only the original game because of the base object.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 1:40 AM
Cool, thanks!
Scholar
#12 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 3:41 AM
On the other hand, having a female practice romance in a mirror can be a hoot. She sounds just like the 1940s-1950s British actress Glynnis Johns - "Ohhhh the white cliffs of Dover..." ;o)

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 6:12 AM
Is there possibly a way to gain friends quickly?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 11:15 AM
Nice!!
I like your Magic objects - they are more then useful!!
P.S.: Is there some similiar Magic way to study cooking? It's the most boooring thing in the world! Maybe a book or so? Or a magic stove?

()()
( ':')
c(ll)(ll) Prison Break Rules
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 6:53 PM
@ mac: I rarely play romance sims; IMHO they bring nothing but chaos into a neighborhood *laughs*. But Glynnis Johns is great! I love her song "Send in the clowns".

@ riom: Not with my Magic objects, but there are a lot of hacks out there who do this. Check out the InSiminater for a start; this one offers a great variety of hacks.

@ McDora: Just finished the Magic Candy Factory Check http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=198802

P.S.: I hope to finish Magic Mechanic & Magic Cleanness until the weekend, so please bare with me for some days
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 10:34 AM
The problem with my objects not showing up in the base game is kind of solved. Please read here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=193604, post #23.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 5:42 PM
hi,
ive downloaded your easel and it works just fine. but this mirror doesnt. i had to type "move_objects on" to place it, but it still didnt work (no pie menu showing up), it was not usable.
i dont have open for business, could this be why? or what do u think?

thanks in advance, these objects are lifesavers!!

.................................................................................
Sim2 Avatars - Still need some?
http://photobucket.com/albums/c89/gill_granier/
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 9:23 PM
THANKS *big grin*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gill_granier
hi,
ive downloaded your easel and it works just fine. but this mirror doesnt. i had to type "move_objects on" to place it, but it still didnt work (no pie menu showing up), it was not usable.
i dont have open for business, could this be why? or what do u think?

If the Easel works for your, the mirror should work, too. Teens, Young Adults, Adults and Elders should be able to Practice Speech and so on. I cannot exclude, though, that the cloned mirror has some fragments of my OfB installation in it, as I wrote a bit earlier in this thread. I'll check the mirror again for any faults, and if I don't say anything else about it, you will indeed need OfB for it. Sorry for that.

CtfG
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 9:09 PM
Update 2007-03-29
This hack works with SEASONS. No modifications necessary.

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:08 AM
Update 2008-04-01
This object is outdated by EP7 "FreeTime" and no longer supported. For further details, please check: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...558#post1919558

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<