Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gain logic skill points extremely fast with Magic Telescope - Update SSN info

by CtfG Posted 24th Oct 2006 at 1:33 AM - Updated 1st Apr 2008 at 9:43 AM by CtfG : Update FREETIME info

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 1:41 AM
Ahhhh, you're on a roll! I will try this right now and let you know how it goes!
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 2:16 AM
Does this still get your sims abducted by aliens? X3 *downloads*

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 9:53 AM
Ooooh cool download!I have the same question as Proxian Girl though, can you still get abducted?? x
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 6:49 PM
Yes, abduction is still possible. During testing, I increased the chance to get abducted, but this made the training quite useless, so I changed it back to the original value. (My test sim started star gazing at 7 pm, and got abducted at 7:12 pm...)
Instructor
#6 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 9:16 PM
I might request an "Alien" telescope to increase likelihood of abductions later, then...

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 10:36 AM
The problem with my objects not showing up in the base game is kind of solved. Please read here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=193604, post #23.
Scholar
#8 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Proxian_girl
I might request an "Alien" telescope to increase likelihood of abductions later, then...

Theres a telescope download on this site which has an extra pie of 'Be Abducted'! It works great and there is no glitches with it
x
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 10:49 PM
I never get aducted with normal telescopes thanks!
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 7:50 PM
you know this works even better with the thinking cap
lol my sim put the cap on and in less then 2 mins later full skill
thanks for all of them
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vallug
you know this works even better with the thinking cap
lol my sim put the cap on and in less then 2 mins later full skill
thanks for all of them

Yes, the thinking cap adds an extra bonus to the speed, no matter what skill your sims learns or what objects s/he uses

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 9:16 PM
Update 2007-03-29
This hack works with SEASONS. No modifications necessary.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 3:35 AM
This doesn't work with Free Time. It causes the jump bug & sims can't use it anymore. Free Time added new things to telescopes, so I'm guessing you need to update to all for those options. (I have tested all your other "Magic" objects & they seem to work fine with Free Time).

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 4:56 PM
This is great, thanks very much! It's SO much faster than the chess table!

Thanks for all of your hard work. It'a very much appreciated.
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 12:48 AM
OH MY GOD!! Thank you so much. You are my savior D':
I've been looking FOREVER for objects that make my sims learn faster! I used to have a book that electrocuted them, which made them learn very fast. I lost it.. and now my sims are pretty stupid.
Thank you so much <3

_-*DiSpItE AlL My RaGe I'm STilL JuSt A RaT iN A CaGE*-_
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 10:00 AM
I used to love these "magic" learning objects. Since free time the telescope doesn't work anymore though - I direct the sim, the sim will start looking through and then he'll immediately stop, no logic gained.... Any chance on updating the telescope? The others still work fine
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 9:40 AM
Update 2008-04-01
This object is outdated by EP7 "FreeTime" and no longer supported.

Why?

Because with EP7, Maxis has introduced an invisible object named "Skill Tracker" (Group 0x7FB9261E) that handles the skill gaining speed, thus outdating the local tuning constants for the telescope. Modifying this Skill Tracker's BCON means to change the skill gain speed for many other activities that are not related to the telescope, and this will probably be not acceptable for many players (and was not intended by CtfG in the first place). The other objects of CtfG's "Magic Collection" are still working with EP7, but I firmly believe that it is only a matter of time until they are also re-written to cooperate with the Skill Tracker. That's why I have to declare all seven "Magic" objects as outdated and unsupported.

Sorry for this.

If you are in real need to enhance the skill gaining speed, please use the updated "TeenStar PC" (now called: "PC Omega 3000"), which can now unlock all career rewards. Use these in combination with teaching as some kind of workaround.

Vironin (successor of CtfG)

Alchemist
#18 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 9:46 AM
I´m also sorry, because I´ve used these wonderful magic skill items very much and now feel it all takes so much longer! But then also, they now gain enthusiasm, so it compensates a little bit.
Nonetheless, I´ve wanted to thank you for all the magical skill items, they were very much fun!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 4:49 AM
I was also sad to see these unusable in ep7 maybe someone will be able to come up with something else, but I also wanted to thank you for these they really helped
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 1:43 AM
I just got FreeTime today and yes the telecope doesn't work, but the mirrow and the easel still work. I have not tryed the others yet.
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 5:19 PM
all the other objects work just fine, aside from the telescope. (for freetime ep)
in case anyone wasn't aware you can use the helmet aspiration reward object to speed up the process. :p

PS, does anyone have a hard time making your sim keep use the telescope without them stopping too soon ?

You can find my bodyshop contents at Garden of Shadows as Nthdv.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 11:53 PM
Hey I tested your Logic Mods telescope and no go I think it could be case I use the Maxmotives and Motivedecay off cheats.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 11:22 AM
... but can it abduct?