Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Get surely abducted when using "The Abducter 100"

by CtfG Posted 26th Oct 2006 at 10:27 AM - Updated 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:15 AM by CtfG : Update FREETIME

92 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 1:06 PM
Thank you for the surely abducted when using the Abducter 100. :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 4:32 PM
what a great idea~ I used the 100 and it worked perfectly on the first try. thank you!
Instructor
#4 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 5:17 PM
*screams like a little fan-girl at a punk rock concert*

That said, I am MORE than happy to test this for you! It will take a while, though... my only adult recently turned Elder, so I have to wait for his firstborn son to grow out of Teen.

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 6:06 PM
Hostel, anmaku: Thanks for the kind words

Proxian_girl, it works too for teens. I haven't tested children yet; I didn't enable them to get abducted, but I don't know for sure if they can be abducted at all. But teens will surely work
Instructor
#6 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 11:26 PM
Well, yeah, but I was hoping for an alien pregnancy. I don't think Teens are allowed to WooHoo, let alone get pregnant, without hacks...

YES! It shows in Buy Mode! That's good enough for me!

Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 11:48 PM
I think kids can´t get abducted. At least it didn´t work with the other hacked expensive telescope, that used to be here.

Thanks a lot for yours, as I now can decide, when my sims will get abducted and still use the expensive telescope. If anybody knows a way to let kids be abducted, please tell me. I want to have Samantha Mulder (from the X-files) abducted as a child.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 5:50 AM
@ abel1980:

You're right, of course... I forgot that males come back pregnant, and though I use InTeenimater for teen pregnancies, I really wouldn't want to see a pregnant child. So I'll refrain from enabling children to get abducted.

But you can still use the ingame's cheat: Open the cheat window by pressing CTRL-SHIFT-C, enter "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" in the neighborhood view, load the lot, select the sim you want to get abducted, then SHIFT-leftclick on the telescope. You then should see the option "*Get abducted".
Instructor
#9 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 6:30 PM
I just made two sim guys, a house, and a neighborhood, so I should be getting back to you in a couple of hours on whether or not my test worked out okay!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Proxian_girl
I just made two sim guys, a house, and a neighborhood, so I should be getting back to you in a couple of hours on whether or not my test worked out okay!

Can't wait for the result Since it's already 7:45pm where I live and I've spent the last days deep in Sim-hacking, I'll take an evening off and watch good ol' boring TV *laughs* But I also sent you the re-worked TeenStar PC which I created from scratch to make it base game-compatible. Would you be so kind to test this one also and PM back which options are available to you? This would help me in discovering possible faults before I go public with it. It comes in a handy zip. Thanks in advance!

CtfG

-------
Edit: Sending files via PM seems to be not possible... Well, bad luck. I'll post it tomorrow morning then.

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Instructor
#11 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 10:24 PM Last edited by Proxian_girl : 29th Oct 2006 at 3:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CtfG
Can't wait for the result Since it's already 7:45pm where I live and I've spent the last days deep in Sim-hacking, I'll take an evening off and watch good ol' boring TV *laughs* But I also sent you the re-worked TeenStar PC which I created from scratch to make it base game-compatible. Would you be so kind to test this one also and PM back which options are available to you? This would help me in discovering possible faults before I go public with it. It comes in a handy zip. Thanks in advance!

CtfG

-------
Edit: Sending files via PM seems to be not possible... Well, bad luck. I'll post it tomorrow morning then.

Kein Problem! (that's probably the only German I can speak reliably) Go ahead and watch your TV! The Abductor 100 worked beautifully-- and I'm uploading some screencaps of the event to photobucket so I can provide evidence!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i...itingaliens.jpg -- Here's my brave little sim Allen going out to be alien bait in his underwear.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i...egacy/score.jpg -- Here are the aliens.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i...egacy/irony.jpg -- And now Allen can't wait to do it again!

EDIT: I had some trouble getting the resulting baby to grow up into a toddler and finally had to resort to a cheat to do so. I've never had any trouble getting babies to toddlerhood before, so I think the telescope might be to blame.

Instructor
#12 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abel1980
If anybody knows a way to let kids be abducted, please tell me. I want to have Samantha Mulder (from the X-files) abducted as a child.

There are no abduction animations for children.

Quote: Originally posted by CtfG
I forgot that males come back pregnant, and though I use InTeenimater for teen pregnancies, I really wouldn't want to see a pregnant child. So I'll refrain from enabling children to get abducted.

Unless your using a hack, the only sims that will come back pregnant are adult males. Squinge has a hack that let's adult females get pregnant when abducted, and I have the one that lets teens male or female get pregnant. Since children can't get abducted anyway it should be ok for them to use the telescope.

Quote: Originally posted by Proxian_girl
I had some trouble getting the resulting baby to grow up into a toddler and finally had to resort to a cheat to do so. I've never had any trouble getting babies to toddlerhood before, so I think the telescope might be to blame.

It's probably not the telescope. Besides it's the spaceship that contains the code for alien pregnancy, not the telescope. And probably if there was a problem with the telescope it would have showed up before the baby was born. I've had this problem before myself, and have never been able to figure what causes it.

PS - Great job on this CtfG.
Instructor
#13 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smonaff
It's probably not the telescope. Besides it's the spaceship that contains the code for alien pregnancy, not the telescope. And probably if there was a problem with the telescope it would have showed up before the baby was born. I've had this problem before myself, and have never been able to figure what causes it.

*sigh of relief* I was starting to think maybe The Sims 2 just didn't like me. *buys back the telescope and gets Allen's hubby Aidan pregnant* ^.^

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 5:41 PM
Smonaff, thanks for the compliment!

Proxian_girl, as I PM'ed you, I had the same problem back in the times when I had only the original game. Back then it was a human baby that didn't want to age, and it took about 18 hours of patient waiting until the age process finally started. I'm sure it was a problem with the original TS2. Maybe the first patch ( thesims2_update.exe ) will fix that. Or simply use the birthday cake. This will always work. (BTW: cool pics! )

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 5:38 AM
Great, I can go get my sim abducted now lol,thanks a bunch .
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 11:46 PM
This looks cool! Can't wait to try it out!
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 9:21 AM
It doesn't seem to work in my game. It shows up fine and works as a telescope but I still can't get abducted. Is there something else special you have to do?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JennEWren
It doesn't seem to work in my game. It shows up fine and works as a telescope but I still can't get abducted. Is there something else special you have to do?

No, nothing special that I can think of right now. Use the "Abducter 100", place it outdoors (for testing on a level higher than ground floor) and start "Stargazing" at or shortly after 7pm. Adults and teens will get almost immediately abducted then.

Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 12:01 AM
I have all the EPs and SPs, and it doesn't show up

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Where could I find it?

KT Tunstall = Amazing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SingingInTheRain
I have all the EPs and SPs, and it doesn't show up

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Where could I find it?

First, please make sure that the extracted .package file is stored in folder given in the Readme file.
Second, you will find the telescope in Buy mode, "Hobby - Knowledge".
Third, if it still does not show up, check this link: Custom content not showing up (all / some / none)

Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 9:54 AM
Totally Love this one. I am still waiting for the Pets version of Inteenimator. But this worked really great, My guy was immediatly abducted. Had same problem with babies, used birthday cake 2 times to get one kid to grow up. Love the alien green color of the Abductor.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 3:28 PM
Can you do the same for the 10X Telescope?
PM me please.

[QUOTE]Artist Formally Known as Okalani You'll be seeing my posts for suggestions of what may help you improve your posts. I have S2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, and Seasons![QUOTE]
Theorist
#23 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 9:54 AM
Hey! Ive used the telscope over 20 TIMES! its extreemly good, infact soooooooooo good, Ive made a nahbourood where people get Abducted SO much that There are aliens all over the place!!!!
THAT ITS TRUE HACKING!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 2:37 PM
Great Idea! I can never get sims to be abducted when I want them to be so THANK YOU!
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 5:07 AM
hey I got my adult sim to get abducted about 5 times, all of which he did not come back pregnant... :S
Page 1 of 4