Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tomb Raider Career Track

by davidc2k6 Posted 29th Oct 2006 at 2:57 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2011 at 1:46 PM by davidc2k6

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 3:14 PM Last edited by Lethe_s : 29th Oct 2006 at 6:55 PM.
Default Tomb Raider Career
this is my new Tomb Raider Career.
You may think that in this career your sims get to play as Lara Croft, but no all they do is go to work and work their way up the ladder and eventually become as good as Lara Croft.
Includes custom chance cards, Work hours and wages.
10 levels
Enjoy:P
Note i took these screens before i done some outfit and vehicular editing so the vehicle in the screens may not be a vehicle that is in it. ( That particular vehicle is though)
If there are any issues AT ALL PM me about it
thanks
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 3:53 PM
A great career,even if it is you're first one.
Keep up the good work !

May Viegramukha have pity on you,Nomad Soul !

Xardas :" And He said "Come !" ,and they came.All of them,even the dragons !"
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 4:29 PM Last edited by dhampir1313 : 29th Oct 2006 at 4:36 PM.
Great idea! Also, just a suggestion.. I think it would help if you mention in your post where to unzip the file, just in case some people are unsure
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 4:54 PM
This is a great idea for all of us Tomb Raider Fans out there. Who enjoy making their Lara Croft or their own character able to do those things. This may be a suggestion but If you can figure out the different level types and list them so others may know what steps there is and where they are at. But all in all I really like this idea and I can't wait to check it out! Thanks a bunch this is great!

Kinkytude Forever

Tracey
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 6:19 PM
Me <3 Job! Now I'm just gonna make my own swedish version of it :d
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 6:45 PM
i havent put custom clothing in yet but i will maybe in the future
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 8:58 PM
Looks like fun, I'll give it a whirl

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 1:11 PM
This is great. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 4:20 PM
kaske:
see when you make the swedish version can you e-mail it to me so i can include it in my file. ( i will give you credit )
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 9:41 PM
Default thanks!
Thanks for such a cool sims 2 caeer! I think it's really great and you've put a lot of effort into it, but i just a a few suggestions on how your can improve it even further!
1. There are a few careless typeos that could be sorted out (nothing too major don't worry!)
2. When you get promoted on this career, the job discription is incorrect, i.e, it's the describtion for the job before (eg: when promoted from learner, the job description given for the new job was the one for learner, but in the 'job' section of your sim's details it was correct.) This is the same throughout the sims career.
Thanks for such an awsome career track! I hope you carry on to produce even more soon! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 9:44 PM Last edited by davidc2k6 : 30th Oct 2006 at 9:58 PM.
oops i never noticed that i'll fix it tommorow ( it's late )
sorry

EDIT i looked at it anyway and i dont actually know how to fix it
i used bidou's career editor for the finishing touches and the outfits carpools etc i used emma_barrets tut for the levels and chance cards.
i'll wait till tomorow :yawn:
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 4:28 AM Last edited by vangaza : 2nd Nov 2006 at 7:13 AM.
Hi davidc2k6!

I found your problem! Let me give you the rundown:

Apparently, your career has 11 job levels instead of 10! Take out one level away, and I believe things should be fine By any chance, was your Sims tester a female ?

Oh yes, just a suggestion: Use your friendly word-processor to type in all the texts in your career as I noticed some punctuation and spelling errors. Then, just copy paste everything into SimPE.

Hmm, it seems like you didn't change your career's picture. Try downloading Psion's career tutorial. It teaches you how to mod your career even more and it also has a tutorial of changing your career's picture.

Other than that, this is good for your first effort. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 6:08 PM
thanks i'm going to make many more.
i'll tell you that one of them will be a Grim Reaper career.
and i did notice the 11th level and i tried to remove it but it totally screwed up everything
but thanks i appreciate the advice
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 2:38 PM
Default Hiya David itz Barbara
Hiya David, took me a while to get the hang of this site lol but finally found the career u made that u mentioned in school. It is very good- will download it later on. See u at school on monday. Byee from Barbara
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 4:22 PM Last edited by davidc2k6 : 3rd Nov 2006 at 9:52 PM.
thanks barbara c u monday
i'll PM u or tell u wen i've made more
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 11:39 PM
thnaks runs great!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 12:25 PM
Hi,

I played the carreer to the end and I liked it, untill to the last "Promotion".

Is that now on purpose, that the poor guy got no money, no bonus and no retierement? Or is this because there is a career level to much in it?

Somehow it was disapointing, that the poor guy got no retierement pay check and had to work untill he died.

Is this fixable? Then I will try the career again.

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 3:54 AM
That don't sound good.

1. If you can't respect another's POV, you have no right to complain when he doesn't respect yours.
2. If you can't tell the difference between Real Life and a Game, seek professional help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 7:57 PM
It wasnt like that when i tested it.
There was, however a level at the end that wasnt supposed to be there (you can blame the person who made the template) and it wouldnt delete. That may be the problem, but i cant fix it because my SimPE had to be removed so did TS2, but i will get both back after xmas and i'll fix it when i have the time:D
Test Subject
#21 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 11:47 PM
hey.. after reading these threads.. i just want to know if its just me or not, but im getin an error report when i get promoted from Le2 to Le3 .. error to do with the clothing it said??? No promotion card, no promtion money just an error card.......
Field Researcher
#22 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 9:16 AM
I love it, thank you so much

To err is human. To forgive is divine. Sometimes:)
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 10:27 PM
great career david - glad the tutorial helped you

the prob with retirement may well be due to the template (if you used mine) as it was only tested with adults - i suggest you speak with superfly as i'm not sure what you'd need to change to make it elder compatable

sorry not about much anymore
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 9:09 AM
hi. the career doesn't work and i don't know why? can you help me?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hermine88
hi. the career doesn't work and i don't know why? can you help me?

Could you be a bit more descriptive than "It doesn't work" please?
Page 1 of 2