Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lycanthrope (Werewolf) Blood & Vampire Blood [Update] 12-30-06

by CyberBob78 Posted 5th Nov 2006 at 12:17 AM - Updated 17th Apr 2012 at 11:07 PM by CyberBob78 : Updating Status

87 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 1:38 AM
Very cool. But does it change the skin too or the Sims will just act like a werewolf/vampire?

See you space cowboy !!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 1:43 AM Last edited by CyberBob78 : 5th Nov 2006 at 2:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Muad'dib
Very cool. But does it change the skin too or the Sims will just act like a werewolf/vampire?

Good question :D

It's just like you got bit by the wolf or vampire.
It's a complete transformation with wants & fears and even the memories.

In answer to your question ...
Yes, your skin changes.

You actually have the disease and all the effects that come with it.
(Burning in the Sunlight as a Vampire, Howling at the moon as a Werewolf, walking funny, etc).
This isn't an "act like" hack, it actually makes the change completely.

Enjoy!
CyberBob
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 2:52 AM
i am not gunna download it in fear of it hurting my simmies, but really great job! I never thought sum1 could do this. Youre supper cool =]

THE SiMS 2 ROCKS!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CyberBob78

In answer to your question ...
Yes, your skin changes.
CyberBob

Except for custom skin (werewolf), that's a Maxis bugs

Congrats !!! Hope to see more.

Monique

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 3:08 AM Last edited by CyberBob78 : 5th Nov 2006 at 3:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by GlamSimmy
i am not gunna download it in fear of it hurting my simmies, but really great job! I never thought sum1 could do this. Youre supper cool =]

Hehe, you don't need to worry about hurting them. This is actually a feature that is built into the game. You can always cure them at any time.

I can't take all the credit for it though. Without Monique's help, it would have taken me a lot longer to figure this out.

Normally to become a vampire you become good friends with a Grand Vampire and get them to bite you. They can be a little hard to find for some people. Once you do find one it can be hard to become friends with them since they are nocturnal.

To become a Lycanthrope you become friends with a Black Wolf with Yellow glowing eyes. He will bite you if you ask him nicely. The black wolf will occationally come by your house late at night and bark at the front door. Some people never seem to see him, others can't seem to get rid of him. It's just a matter of luck.

The fortune teller sells both cures. The pet breeder can cure lycanthropy also.

But, it's up to you of course. I have tested it a lot and I have never had any bad side effects. Of course keep the vampires out of the sun, that can kill your sim. I haven't found anything that hurts a werewolf yet though. Is there a silver bullet hidden in the game? hehe

Enjoy!
CyberBob
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 4:19 AM
Brilliant! I am going to download it! Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 4:57 AM
Smashing! Wonderful job hunny.

With Much Appreciation,
Yume
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 10:07 AM
Wow!
This is great!
Thankies.

//HB
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 10:40 AM Last edited by Blutsauger : 5th Nov 2006 at 11:54 AM.
big thanks for this. though I don't have the problem with black wolves appearing [I'm in the second category - people that 'can't seem to get rid of him', tee hee], it's damn annoying waiting for him to make up his mind and bite me already :D

can't wait to test it in my game. I'll write again to tell if everything is alright. thanks again

edit: tsk, tsk. I know it is in my game, but it doesn't show. could it be because I have polish version? if not, then I don't really know. any ideas, help?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 11:38 AM
I cant get rid of the Wolves,but cant be bothered making friends with them.Thanks for this!

Should be called Lycanthropy On The Go,or something :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blutsauger
tsk, tsk. I know it is in my game, but it doesn't show. could it be because I have polish version? if not, then I don't really know. any ideas, help?

I would assume that it would work with any language.
I hate to ask this ... but I have to...

Do you have The Sims 2 Pets Installed?
Did you install the package file(s) into your Downloads Folder?
Did you look under Hobbies \ Misc?

If you still can't find it, let me know and I'll try to fix it.
But, I'll need more info.

Enjoy!
CyberBob
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CyberBob78
I hate to ask this ... but I have to...

Do you have The Sims 2 Pets Installed?
Did you install the package file(s) into your Downloads Folder?
Did you look under Hobbies \ Misc?

If you still can't find it, let me know and I'll try to fix it.
But, I'll need more info.

Enjoy!
CyberBob

yes, yes aaand yes. when I click on game options and this thing about modified objects, it tells me that the package is there [objects are on of course], so I really don't know why it doesn't show. anything else I can help you with?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 2:15 PM
yes, yes aaand yes. when I click on game options and this thing about modified objects, it tells me that the package is there [objects are on of course], so I really don't know why it doesn't show. anything else I can help you with?

That is very strange. You actually answered my next question...
So, it shows in the CC list, CC is on ... but yet it doesn't show in your catalog?

Before you do anything, I'd like to ask you to look carefully through your entire catalog of course.
The vampire blood will look like a blood red potion and the werewolf blood is a pitch black potion. (my textures should appear darker than maxis textures).
I made the bottle more translucent. I love my new Paint Shop Pro Photo XI :::shameless plug:::

There are only 2 things I can think of that might help ...

1st thing to try:
Delete the CyberBob folder in your Downloads folder.
Run The Sims 2 Pets ... Load any neighborhood ... Exit.
Re-Install the package files.

2nd thing to try:
Move the package files directly into your Downloads folder (Not sub folders)

Last thing to try ... hit the heck out of the computer, that always seemed to work for my ex-wife hehe. Just kidding, please don't hit the PCs. They do their best.

If anyone can help him, please do ... I'm stumped if that doesn't work. And please be sure to let me know what was wrong and how it was fixed. I'm assuming it is his configuration at this time.

CyberBob
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 2:22 PM
hm! I got an idea: I don't have NL installed now, so I downloaded only werewolf's blood [already moved it into Downloads without any subfolders], but maybe it can't show without NL anyways? possible?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 2:30 PM Last edited by amy_su88 : 5th Nov 2006 at 2:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by monique
Except for custom skin (werewolf), that's a Maxis bugs

Congrats !!! Hope to see more.

Monique

There's a mod on More Awesome Than You that fixes the custom skin problem. Happy Howling.

*I also noticed that the lycanthrope blood is no longer available for download. What happened? I wanted it really bad too. >.>

--This signature has been tested on lab sims--
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 3:00 PM Last edited by CyberBob78 : 5th Nov 2006 at 3:14 PM.
hm! I got an idea: I don't have NL installed now, so I downloaded only werewolf's blood [already moved it into Downloads without any subfolders], but maybe it can't show without NL anyways? possible?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong ... But, the potions didn't exist until NL.
That's why I listed NL as a required EP

CyberBob
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 3:09 PM Last edited by CyberBob78 : 17th Apr 2012 at 10:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by amy_su88
*I also noticed that the lycanthrope blood is no longer available for download. What happened? I wanted it really bad too. >.>

Sorry, you can download it now.
I accidently deleted the file while I was playing around with the animations.

I was just playing with the animations a little bit. I made them a little smoother.

Thanks for bringing the fix for the custom skins to my attention.
Here is a link to the fix that Amy mentioned. Thanks Amy ::Hug::
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,6098.0.html

Enjoy!
CyberBob
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 4:13 PM Last edited by Blutsauger : 5th Nov 2006 at 8:51 PM.
*snort* so that's the thing...? but I assumed that if in Pets we can buy that potion to cure lycanthropy, then your 'potion' should work ok?
maybe it is possible to create werewolf's blood that will be compatible with Pets only?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 9:23 PM Last edited by CyberBob78 : 6th Nov 2006 at 12:10 AM.
*snort* so that's the thing...? but I assumed that if in Pets we can buy that potion to cure lycanthropy, then your 'potion' should work ok?
maybe it is possible to create werewolf's blood that will be compatible with Pets only?

I did a little research. It appears to me that all potions in the game are based on the love potion. Or, at least all the potions I looked at. I think the love potion was added with NL. I'm not saying that it's completely impossible to build a "potion" completely from scratch that isn't based on the love potion. But, it wouldn't be a true potion. It would just be an object that makes your sim "act like" a werewolf or vampire. I'm sure there is someone out there with the skills to create such an object.

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier ...
The potion might not work unless you have NL installed,
but I think Monique's Menu based mod should work
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1457664

Good Hunting,
CyberBob
Instructor
#21 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 12:48 AM
This is very welcome by me because in my first day of playing pets i did not realize that the black dog was a werewolf and... I turned him to normal) LOL
You can see it here
http://www.thesimsresource.com/stor...ew.php?id=1173&

Can you also make it work with kids? have you thought of it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by evip
Can you also make it work with kids? have you thought of it?

If you can find me an example of a vampire kid I'll give it a shot.

Enjoy!
CyberBob
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 5:08 AM
Thats a great idea! make it compatible with kids and teens!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 9:20 AM
Thank you for all your help, I'll try it :D

and still I think you did great job here! hope to see more mods from you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 4:56 PM
Woo! Teen wolf! *Attempts to find a Michael J fox Sim*
Page 1 of 4