Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Siding Construction Project Part II

by Cooldadx4 Posted 11th Nov 2006 at 12:34 PM - Updated 13th Nov 2006 at 7:54 PM by tigmomx4 : added links

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 4:07 PM
WooHoo, I'm the first to say thanks for creating this wonderful addition to the building set!
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 4:15 PM
The construstion gods are happy (especially the vinyl siding one)
I just want to state that this stuff is awesome. I used to work doing residential construction, and now I work at a warehouse this distributes building materials. Primarily siding, actually. So, allow me to state that this is so true to life and properly detailed that it is almost disturbing. You even have your brands right with the Simteed Vinyl. I am just blown away. Tell me please that there is a 24' 2 man alum. plank for the pump jack system coming soon... Lol. Seriously though, cant wait to see the next set! Good Work!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 4:54 PM
I just love the ladders! I must just make sure they do not walk under them - a satellite might fall out of orbit and land on their head!!!

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 4:55 PM Last edited by tigmomx4 : 11th Nov 2006 at 5:13 PM. Reason: PS
I will be the first to tell you there are going to be 20 different aluminum planks for use on the pump jacks and for placement on the ground .... They will be in sizes ranging from a 12 ' model all the way up to the MONSTER 30 ' ....

I will also be making a few step ladders and 2 more versions of the 24 and 28 to be able to be placed against the pump jacks ...I might also even make some extended versions too .....
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 5:26 PM
Hey tigmomx4, once again a nother beautiful set... I can't wait to play it in my game I think I'll wait until you release number 3 and I'll make a new house. I have a Trailer Park that I'm working on and the ladder and sidding will work perfect.. thank you i can't wait for the other one...

Cody
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 7:54 PM
The next part of this set will more than likely contain all the planks or picks ...If i cant get the textures right i am just going to get rid of the brand name on the side of the planks and texture them plain , but i wanted them to all say Alum-A-Sim as alum-a-plank is a well known brand of picks in the construction industry ....
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 9:09 PM
Hey tigmomx4, I thought I'd let you know I downloaded the set but I could not find the "2 boxes of siding for placement on the sawhorse" in my game any where.. what was it cloned from? and where would it be placed under in game?
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 10:46 PM
I do believe the boxes of siding were cloned from something decorative so they should be found under decorative ....I think it was the vase i used so look under plants in decorative ....im downstairs and the computer with the sims is upstairs so i will check for sure later and if you have not found them i will update you !!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 11:00 PM Last edited by TwiztidChild36 : 13th Nov 2006 at 11:14 PM.
Ok tigmomx4, thank you I'll look right now and see if I can find it.. I'll let you know...

Okay, I found it... Thank you for your help...

TwiztidChild36
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 6:36 PM
Cool glad you were able to find them .....You want a sneak peak at something i have comming up check out this post HERE! and tell me what you think
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 2:44 AM
K I'll go check it out..
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 10:40 PM
This is to cool, I think I will redo half of the town. ( better yet I will steal the siding and recycle it instead of working for a living) LOL
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 1:21 PM
Er, I can't find the sawhorse Is it supposed to be a table or decorative or what?
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:52 PM
i do believe the are under columns ...I think thats what i cloned them from ...If not they are definatly under decorative ...
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 7:20 PM
Thanks, this is great. i just say that im going to be making a house with these things. thanks a lot dude.

PS: How did you make them all?? O.o
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vampire123
Thanks, this is great. i just say that im going to be making a house with these things. thanks a lot dude.

PS: How did you make them all?? O.o

Lol when i was creating stuff i could do it in minutes ... just like anything else the more you do it the better you are and THANKS !
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 9:17 AM
I just love your creations!! So different and needed! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 9:00 PM
Thank you ! :)