Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mike Dirnt's signature bass

by MRObloodshoot Posted 11th Nov 2006 at 6:32 PM - Updated 8th Dec 2008 at 1:56 PM by -Maylin-

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 1:31 AM
is this a recolor or a new mesh
cuz it looks alot like a recolor

This is the life we chose,the life we lead
And there is only one guarantee...non of us will see heaven
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 5:11 AM
Finally! A new bass!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 10:03 AM
hey, 1. you need to send the link to atavera's bass mesh. and 2. can you make a recolor of atavera's les paul studio to look like a LTD EC-400. but cool bass dude
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 3:51 PM
That's cool, I love it thanks

Trashed and scattered again, I'm feelin' so low
You waste your breath while fuckin' with me, my blood is so cold
My destination always unknown, I'll find my way there
But you Goddamn Motherfuckers always wasting my time
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 2:25 AM
there is no bass mesh could someone post it!?!?
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 1:23 AM
The first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this was Dirnt from The Strangerhood machinima series.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 10:00 AM
The bass mesh is now up again everyone!

A lot of skateboards but no coffe!// Mike Dirnt of Green Day
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 11:12 AM
Default Mike's bass?
Ehm...sorry for pointing out...but the mesh is completely wrong.....you're using a fender jazz-like instrument (and so it comes out this bass has 2 sets of controls, one diagonal on the lower part of the pickguard, and Mike's one, silver, horizontal), and the fingerboard has 24 frets, that fenders never have!
Mike's bass is custom built over a telecaster bass body (that is a '51-'55 precision model actually), but anyway a standard precision would have been better anyway!

It seems you can't find many modded basses actually....I have 3dsmax, if you can tell me what to do to send you a good mesh, I can make a perfect one if you wish....I have that bass =P

In any case, thanks for having done it...really!
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 7:05 PM Last edited by Evil_Genius_Carter : 12th Sep 2007 at 6:57 AM.
Default Can't Make It Work
Hey guys,i just downloaded all the stuff in this page but it just doesn't work,the bass's Like some kinda paper stuff,it's just all over the place and have no amplificators or something,can anybody help me?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Evil_Genius_Carter
Hey guys,i just downloaded all the stuff in this page but it just doesn't work,the bass's Like some kinda paper stuff,it's just all over the place and have no amplificators or something,can anybody help me?

yeah, i'm having the same problem. it lays down on the floor and i can't play it.

"It's no use analyzing your life the whole time. Those analyses won't help you when you're dead."-- Mike Dirnt
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 1:10 PM
That's so stupid, the Atavera guy...i mean if u going to retired or anything why delete all ur threads. T_T

Glad you re upload it, thanks a million, i really needed this. <3
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 12:11 AM
Thank you! Now i can make a green day band
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:03 PM
Default Me too...
Quote: Originally posted by sofudgeaswell
yeah, i'm having the same problem. it lays down on the floor and i can't play it.

Me too...
Can anybody help me?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 9:30 AM
This doesnt work :-( . When you place it into your game, it doesnt come with an attacted amplifier, it just lays flat on the ground, and if you command a sim to use it, he does nothing
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kraal7718
This doesnt work :-( . When you place it into your game, it doesnt come with an attacted amplifier, it just lays flat on the ground, and if you command a sim to use it, he does nothing

It requires Ataveras Custom Instrument Hack which attaches amps to the guitar.