Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 11:30 PM
I could use som help here please!? ;-) I can't install lots at all with this program but I would very much like to install a couple of lots that I made now... How do I remove this program and get it back to the way it was before installing it? As I earlier said, this is a really great program but I would like to be able to install too... ;-)

Edit:
Okay, I don't need the help... *lol* I managed to fix it... ;-) Just had to use my brain a bit extra... 8)
[ Edited 22-11-2004 11:36PM ]
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 11:43 PM
argh, looks like it's not my day
i have added an extra dot like ..SimTemp.
updated version is now available at the same location, sorry for that.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 12:01 AM
Great! I works perfectly now. Villa Riva installed and ready to go!

Btw, looks great BitzyBus.

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Field Researcher
#29 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 12:04 AM
You're not the only one having a bad day, phervers. Even after an uninstall/reinstall to the default directory and upgrading to the newest version of your program the problem remains. I set the files back to be associated with the original Maxis program and the house now appears in the game. So don't know what the deal is. %-6

I'll send you a copy of the lot I used for further testing.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 12:18 AM
Thanks DawnKeeper! :-)

phervers -> Works great for me too after installing the latest one! Wonderful job, now you can have a good day, guess it's time for me to have a good night by now... ;-) *lol*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 12:30 AM
hmm
i tried with 4 lots each installed properly, waiting for your package then
Field Researcher
#32 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 1:37 AM
I'm guessing that my email didn't go thru then. Anyways here's a direct link to the package or at least one of them.

Edited. To remove link since it's no longer valid.
[ Edited 23-11-2004 09:50PM ]
Field Researcher
#33 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 1:48 AM
Worked great, I cleaned out jasleeritt Trailer Court v1.0 from the downloads section here of hacks for my game , I was finally able to enter jasleeritt Trailer Court and checked it out, it was great, deleted inges hacked doors, took notes that if I move in other sims to the other trailers to use inges doors, (lockable doors) to re-install them as I move a sims into each trailer again!.

the tralier park had twelve hacks or unknown files in it!.

I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die,So let me live my life the way I want to!.-J.Hendrix
Field Researcher
#34 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by phervers
Program features WebUpdate of HackList, so you might try Updating from time to time, it is automated. Just click Update button.

Dude. This is a very very very BAD idea. Don't FORCE me to hook up my game machine to the internet. Can't you just post a link to an update like everyone else does?
Test Subject
#35 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 2:27 AM
This program looks great.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a plugin or another program that would clean a sims2pack that was created in a modded game before uploading to web?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dizzy2
Program features WebUpdate of HackList, so you might try Updating from time to time, it is automated. Just click Update button.

Dude. This is a very very very BAD idea. Don't FORCE me to hook up my game machine to the internet. Can't you just post a link to an update like everyone else does?

I looooooooove the update option! !heart !amazed

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Instructor
#37 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 3:23 AM
I like the update idea too, but I suppose there could be manual updates posted every so often just to shu... err, satisfy some people.

Wasn't there a thread somewhere on this board where people were starting to put together a list of known hacks and downloadable objects? Was it the hacks spreading the wild like cancer thread or the other stickied one? I forget heh.
[ Edited 23-11-2004 03:23AM ]
Field Researcher
#38 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by creepy
This program looks great.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a plugin or another program that would clean a sims2pack that was created in a modded game before uploading to web?

Thank you phervers for doing all this wonderful work. I will try the program and report if anything goes wrong.

I also would LOVE the above requested feature, it would save housebuilders who love hacks a LOT of time. Please and Thank You.

Although now that I think on it a workaround could be to package the lot to desktop and open with this program, take out all stuff except the lot and then enter the game again, plunk it down and send it to the exchange. Still...would be nicer to do in one step instead of four or five.

Anyone who has used this? Does it allow you to take out the sims that are living in the house as well, I mean do they show up on the list to uncheck? if so, as one unit or seperate individuals? I will check on this myself tomorrow but thought someone who was not as sleep deprived as I could supply an answer to us.

[ Edited 23-11-2004 07:12AM ]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dizzy2

Hey dizzy you are not forced to be hooked up, and whole update process only takes few seconds, it doesnt happen every time you run the program, but only when you click update button. So its like posting the link only much easier for the user (no need to search the site for link, install etc. etc.)
Test Subject
#40 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JadeEliott
Anyone who has used this? Does it allow you to take out the sims that are living in the house as well, I mean do they show up on the list to uncheck? if so, as one unit or seperate individuals? I will check on this myself tomorrow but thought someone who was not as sleep deprived as I could supply an answer to us.

Hi Jade,

every sim in the house come in one "and a half" file. 8-)
A larger one ca. 300kb with the "character information" in it and "a half one" carrying the personal/family information. After starting the game the large one (and the lot) are moved to LotCatalog and show up in the lots'n'houses bin. After placing them in the neighbourhood the lot is moved into the neighbourhood folder (Lots) the bigger Sim-file is moved to Characters and the personal/family information is added to the neighbourhood package.

You can rid of the Sims by deleting the files.

-Gonmag

edit: oops forgot to del a qoute
[ Edited 23-11-2004 12:11PM ]
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 12:10 PM
I hooked up on this last night...had a small issue of getting it to recognise..after that...smoooooooooooooth. No issues

Brilliant!! !amazed !amazed !amazed

But I do like the idea about cleaning out previous installs...

Test Subject
#42 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 12:17 PM
Here is a new tool for those who download a lot of custom content.

Hi phervers,

it still doesn't work.
After apply your prg manually (auto didn't work) to the Sims2Pack files still nothing happens. Blank boxes.
Is it just for XP-Systems?

-Gonmag
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 3:12 PM
your system must be .net capable
i believe you must have 2000 or xp or server
Instructor
#44 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 3:59 PM
You know, perhaps a solution to this whole problem of files sneaking into lot packages is to bypass the whole sims2pack format and once we pack up our lots, extract the package file for just the lot, zip or rar it up, and upload those.

Of course, we will then get a million 'HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!! Where do I put the house package files???" threads like we do now with clothing, but it's a small price to pay for assurance that we know we are not getting any files we don't want.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 6:45 PM
ok, so it worked last night but I was using first version. I went in today to install the house I loaded last night and "pffft" gone! !dodge

Am gonna reinstall v1.1 and see what happens....

Really hope this baby works!

Thanks phervers for all the effort and work!!! 8)
Test Subject
#46 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 6:54 PM
If I open a file with this program, I get the message (fom Microsoft .NET Framework):
An unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will be shut down immediately.

I believe I have .NET installed ( for simpe, which works).
Any help is appriciated.
Instructor
#47 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 6:55 PM
Yeah but I'm not sure that's even this program causing houses not to show. I've how that problem for a long time and others have too, long before this program came out. *shrug*
Instructor
#48 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 7:01 PM
Hey! I didn't see this before!!
Again, thanks very much for doing all this tools for us, phervers!! You are awesome!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 7:20 PM
Ok repaired it now. Good thing is that it takes very little disk space, sorry for all this bugs, but noone wanted to help with beta-testing and thats the effect
[ Edited 23-11-2004 07:31PM ]
Test Subject
#50 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 7:48 PM
I have tried to open a simspack from a total sim and it showed all it's components. I tried to do the same for a house and again all components showed ( the house had 3 alien pc's and a ownable car in it).
But wen I tried to install a part of the sim, it said succesfull installed but it didn't show in my downloads-folder.

Then I tried the last feature, to open the sims2 pack clean insteller itself, but there I got a error:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handles.
Process id=0xd98 (3480), Thread id=0x44c(1100)
Click ok to terminate the application
Click cancel to debug the application

I clicked ok, the application ended, but a new folder was generated in the folder where the app was installed, the folder name is called disabled, in there is an empty map downloads

I hope this info make some sense.

Edited to say:

BTW:
I also wanted to say that I think it will be a great program and its not a prob if there are bugs in it at this moment, I will just reinstall and check again and maybe again reinstall.
But it's worth the waiting and trying.

[ Edited 23-11-2004 08:17PM ]
Locked thread
Page 2 of 54