Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Amazing German Shepherd! My Favorite Breed-5 Different Dogs

by Jolee Posted 27th Nov 2006 at 9:15 AM - Updated 22nd Nov 2008 at 1:24 AM by Canoodle

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 4:22 PM
Hey, thank you! Nice work. I just got pets-- your shepherds are lovely!

Miao.
Alchemist
#3 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 4:24 PM
Your dogs are great.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 4:28 PM
Nice dogs!

FYI: Did you know that some home owners are being denied insurance because they own a 'big' dog like the German Shepherd? Other breeds include rottwielers, pit bulls, dobermans. Etc. Basically 'big' dogs, you know because they're more vicious than little dogs....(only dog to ever bite me was a weiner dog--little with an attitude )

Fight the insanity!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 4:58 PM
These are alot more realistic looking than Maxis. You did a great job on them. I've always loved German Shepards.

Mutantbunny : I didn't know that. You know I have owned Weiner dogs, Shepard/Collie/Husky Mix's a mastif and I have to say the little dogs are generally more likely to bite than bigger dogs. Good example is when I introduced my boyfriend to my 4 year old weiner dog and she started attacking his boots(yes while still on his feet hehe). Little dogs are adorable and fun but I dont know who those people are trying to kid by pulling that. I'd sue.

Dead Metal Simming: -Gothic Lovin!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 5:37 PM
I prefer cats, maxis dont like them , but your shepperds are wonderful, thank you Jolee

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 8:28 PM
Awesome job! I know how hard you worked on these and it certainly payed off thanks, Orion
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 8:38 PM
Thanks so much for these! The maxis version is rubbish, Number 1 in the pic looks just like my German Shepherd Tandy!
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 8:48 PM
Thankyou so much. We have a beautiful long haired black shepherd called Bo. He's our first shepherd and we will never look back. They are the best dogs! Loyal, affectionate, protective, lovable... so thanks!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mutantbunny
Nice dogs!

FYI: Did you know that some home owners are being denied insurance because they own a 'big' dog like the German Shepherd? Other breeds include rottwielers, pit bulls, dobermans. Etc. Basically 'big' dogs, you know because they're more vicious than little dogs....(only dog to ever bite me was a weiner dog--little with an attitude )

Fight the insanity!

Yes I did, we had to get rid of our Doberman Pincher. I was about 7 back then and we got her from a family friend.

German Sheperds are lovely, I have one! These are WAY better than Maxis's. Thank youuu! :]

"I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” - Galileo Galilei
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 10:38 PM
Great Dogs! Im getting a German German Shepherd soon. Fav. breed. By the way, that cat in the pic is def. suicidal.

-Isis-
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 1:46 AM
=D Awesome, not at all like the weird maxis versions. I grew up with a German Shepherd up untill I was 13, then he got old and died, he was 2 years older than me after all. I remember get horsy rides on him back when I was around 7. He was great.
+ Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 4:22 AM
Awwwww....look at the handsomes :lovestruc

My sheppy was put down just two weeks ago. He had developed cancer of the spleen, which we learned about not even a month ago. It all happened so fast, he was so happy and seemingly healthy.......then...

I miss him so much.
Thanks for making these.
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 9:50 AM
Beautiful work! They look great!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 10:02 AM
What gorgeous doggies! I adore German Shepards too... Belgian Malinois being tied with them (of course the do look so much alike, LOL). Anyway, thank you so much for working on them and uploading them for us all to use.

MG

They must have taken my marbles away. :(
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 6:05 PM Last edited by Jolee : 30th Nov 2006 at 1:27 AM.
Thank You all so much for Your Comments! I really made the first Shepherd in Memory of Our Buddy lived to be 14. He was always by my side, never complained and all he ever asked for was love. I really enjoyed doing them, took a long time.(still not exactly the way I would like them but You cannot add flecking etc on their backs, hopefully will improve them in time) Everyone here who has owned a Shepherd knows the loyalty and love they give everyday. Just like Yours Dragon Slave, Buddy never complained. Buddy was just like #1 also Sim Girl would love to see Your dog Tandy. Joolzac You are so right there is no looking back once You have owned this breed. MutantBunny yes I knew some area's do not even allow some breeds..The town over from Us, Rotti's and Pitbulls are banned. Very sad as it is not the breed, most times it is the owners that ruin it for responsible owners. (They just need to have more control over their dogs and not let them roam free) I hope everyone Enjoys them, it was my pleasure. Have a Great Day!

Animals are really little People in disguise.
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 1:00 PM
i have a german shepherd in real life, i love her soo much and when i saw them in the game i was a bit dissapointed, but yours are so gorgeus thank you!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 10:54 PM
These are great! I don't know what Maxis was using as reference for their version...

I love German Shepherds. I used to have one named Max, up till October, but he died suddenly so I really miss him. The sixth pic you've put up looks just like him! My favourite sim is definitely getting one of these.
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 3:58 PM
thank you so much for these! they are great!!!

i have a german shepherd, and shes just fabulous! their my favorite breed! unfortunatly my dog isnt very healthy at the moment. shes one of the weaker versions of a great breed. but i love her! now i can have my dog in my game! so thanks!! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 10:41 PM
Thank You again for Your Comments. Chloe, Sakura, and Rasling, I love to hear about "peoples" real life Sheherds Thank You for sharing with me about Your Babies. Rasling I sure hope Your Girl feels better soon. So sad to hear of when they are ill. All my best to Her. Sakura I am so sorry of the loss of Max..It is heartbreaking..no words can help, I am glad they help You in the game. Please take care and Thank You everyone for sharing Your stories.. helps me also..Hugs to all.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 4:46 PM
Your shots of the dogs are great! They will be a great asset to my game, thank you

Where ever you go, there you are!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 6:56 PM
i nearly cried when i saw these! way better than the maxis ones, me and my massive german shepard (he's called Bert, yep he's just as dopey as he sounds) thank you very very much... and he just licked my foot lol

Nothing From Nowhere, I'm No One At All, Radiate, Recognise One Silent Call As We All Form One Dark Flame
Incinerate

BLITZKREIG BOOM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 3:33 PM
Thank You so much for Your comments. Thank You sknief for Your kind words. Thank You SephirothScars, I bet Bert is adorable..love to hear about People's real life animals. How adorable he licked Your foot.. Thanks to Everyone.

Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 5:17 PM
Aww, thank you so much for posting your versions of the fabulous Shephard...

I must jump on the bandwagon here, and say, that I too have a wonderful German Shephard named Simba - he is 6 years old, long haired and completely loopy!! We've taken him to puppy training, years ago, but may have to take him back, as he has a fear of other dogs! Makes taking him to the vets horrid! Plus, we also have a 10 year old pointer cross, and he is a lot hardier - my German Shephard is also like raslings, one of the weaker breeds, as he has a pancreatic disorder and a cartilidge deficiency, but I love both my dogs to bits, and although I don't treat them like babies/children, they are a huge part of my family, which is why I was so pleased when Maxis brought out Pets!!

Thank you again for sharing your creations with us, and sorry for waffling on!!

A good friend will bail you out of jail,

But a GREAT friend will be sitting beside you saying "Damn that was fun!"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 1:00 AM
Thank You ImmortalWicca, I am so sry to hear Your Simba has health problems. He is so Young..but health can start at any age for Dogs or Humans. Our Kitty has has bowel trouble since he was 2yrs old and he is now 11yrs young. I do hope Simba does well he will be in my thoughts. It must be very hard going to the vets when he is that scared. Take care and Thank You for telling me about Your "Kids" They both sound wonderful. And You were not waffling lol I think I was..

Page 1 of 2