Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Christmas Treats - Ginger Bread Men - NEW FOOD!

by AbstractSIMmer187 Posted 12th Dec 2006 at 3:47 PM

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 3:59 PM
Love it! And I'm sure my sims will too, thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 4:51 PM
you promised the next one would be animated

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 5:03 PM
Yes i did and i guess i broke that promise because i couldn't master the animating process.

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 5:20 PM
Very sweet^^ thx and merry christmas

°+*~-._ [<3] ~ [<3] _.-~*+°

Everything happens for a reason...

´¨¯¨`*¤*´¨¯¨`*´¨¯¨`*¤*´¨¯¨`*´¨¯¨`*¤*´¨¯¨`
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 5:33 PM
Njummy! looks very tastfull! And I don't think animation is that important, as long as they look great!
Scholar
#7 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 5:39 PM
Didn't you say in your last post that your next food will be animated - I promise? :S

EDIT: Oh sorry didn't see that Tiggy already said that. Trav, don't make any promises if youre not sure if you will break them or not

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 5:41 PM
Why are they eating a cookie with a fork? I'd love to download this but that looks even a little too absurd for my simmies!

Otherwise it looks great. ^^
Space Pony
#9 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missangelica
Why are they eating a cookie with a fork? I'd love to download this but that looks even a little too absurd for my simmies!

Otherwise it looks great. ^^
I don't think Sims eat any kind of cooked food without a fork or spoon. They even eat burgers like that. It's just how they're animated... or not animated. Maxis/EA didn't want to take the time to make different animations for different foods.
At least I don't recall ever seeing a Sim use their hands to eat cooked foods.

Anyhow, nice cookies.
Inventor
#10 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 7:03 PM Last edited by PearDrops : 12th Dec 2006 at 7:04 PM. Reason: Spelling
Quote: Originally posted by ZeonZumDeikun
I don't think Sims eat any kind of cooked food without a fork or spoon. They even eat burgers like that. It's just how they're animated... or not animated.

Im sure they eat burgers and grilled cheese with there hands without a fork.

Anyway these look fab shame they are not animated tho... Do you have the xmas pack, cuz theres santa cookies with that and i dont think the sims use a fork for those maybe you could clone from them? I dont know anything abt meshing lol so i wouldnt know myself.

But these are nice, if someone could make them animated I would definatly download them.

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 7:44 PM
These look great! Thanks for sharing these with us!
But may I suggest something? I think it would be best if they where cloned from the toaster pastery, so that they would eat them without a fork, and it would be a more realistic amount of hunger satisfaction. Just a suggestion, though.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 8:07 PM
I love gingerbread and these look yummy!! Thank you Travis!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 8:23 PM
is it cake day ?
thanks travis

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 9:01 PM Last edited by karrsareus : 12th Dec 2006 at 9:02 PM. Reason: spelling
I am of the mind that I don't care if they are animated or if they use a fork to eat a cookie. My sims do things that I wouldn't do in real life anyway, like pee on the floor and have a pillow fight in a store. So I say what the heck! lol Oh and on the Jerry Seinfeldt (sp?) show they ate candybars with forks right? ;o)

Thank you Travis for the time that you took to make this and for sharing it.
Karr
Scholar
#15 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 11:51 PM
Hey trav i animated them for you. I will be back later to give the animated version to you.

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 1:19 AM
These are so cute and lol I love the way sims eat everything with a fork. It's innocent, yet disturbing. Great job!
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 12:13 PM
I love your GingerBread men Trav! They have such cute smiley faces you cant help smiling back at them.
Thanks!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 1:52 PM
Awww this is adorable!!!! Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 3:32 PM
i will download when pacotacoplayer animates them, i see they're almost the same than Maxis' one but this one is way more pretty: lighter color & we can finally see the details of the buttons & the smile with abstract's one! I never use Maxis' one 'cause it's ugly... I can't wait for pacotacoplayer to upload them!
Scholar
#20 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 2:57 AM
Kay, Trav. You can re-upload this with the following:

Please give me credit. I would also like it if you would add my name to the filename... Thanks.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Gingerbread_Cookies_By_Travis.zip (810.0 KB, 51 downloads)

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 2:45 PM
Great Pacotacoplayer!! Now i can download them!

Not animated food bugs me, cause i already have some (old files) & finally never use them because of that! 'guess i'll erase them - i'll just miss the chocolate scones ugh...

These beautiful gingerbreadmen will go really well in my new bakery i'm setting up, & they're just in time for christmas

Pacotacoplayer, you rock!! thank you so much!
They're so cute!! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#22 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 9:30 PM
Yay! Now my Sims can bite ginger bread men heads off just like me!!! x_X Love them!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 5:27 AM
Wow! A nice touch for the holidays, thanks for sharing!!
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 7:47 AM
LOVE EM, thanks so much for the gingerbread cookies!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 5:56 PM
Thanks! I may set up a good bakery one of these days and this would be great to include.
Page 1 of 2