Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Crime Fighting Career

by alecrox12 Posted 24th Dec 2006 at 10:52 PM - Updated 31st Mar 2007 at 9:20 PM by alecrox12

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 10:58 PM
I wish I could have had a little information on this career before I install it.
Could you tell us about this in a little bit more detail? Thanks.

EveZ
Please check out my news set of outfits!
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...ad.php?t=219976
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 11:04 PM
Yes, you must post more information about your career. Please read these Career Posting Guidelines and follow them. Thanks.
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 5:08 AM
LOL Lindzee!
Showing up a bit mate!

Its the 25th in some countries! LOL

Not everyone is on the same time frame, please be a tad more polite next time...

Myshuno!!!

Awesome word: Risorial (rye-sor'-ee-al) adj. pertaining to laughter; causing laughter; risible (rizz'-ibb-ul).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 6:34 AM
I am taking off the file until I fix it (if I can).
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 11:29 AM
Good luck Alec!
It certainly has potential, and once you can fix it, think of the possibilities!!!

Have a good x-mas!

Myshuno!!!

Awesome word: Risorial (rye-sor'-ee-al) adj. pertaining to laughter; causing laughter; risible (rizz'-ibb-ul).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 12:37 AM Last edited by alecrox12 : 27th Dec 2006 at 2:29 AM. Reason: Typo
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFly
I'm tagging this career on December 25th becuase it's in a real state- it needs

*A new group ID and GUID.
*To be made EP compatible
*Monetary rewards are too large (the large money bug, where all rewards from level 7 onwards have an extra three 0's added to them, so +$10000 would give you +$10000000, etc. Remedy by removing three 0's from these figures, so to get +$10000 you'd put $10).

Please consult my guide here- http://ww.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147886, and fix the problems asap, otherwise I'll have to remove the file.

I'll be removing the file (unless fixed) in two days. Remove the file but keep the thread up to give yourself more time to fix it.

SuperFly

I don't know how to make it EP compatible or what rewards you are talking about. Do you mean the rewards from the chance cards?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alecrox12
I don't know how to make it EP compatible or what rewards you are talking about. Do you mean the rewards from the chance cards?

EP compatible means essentially that it has to be linked to a Lifetime Want, introduced with University, otherwise this career will not work with any EP.
In Superfly's guide (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147886) is described how to do.

Not sure about monetary rewards, but I guess your interpretation is correct.
Hope this helps
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 10:44 PM
I have fixed all of the problems SuperFly reported. I still don't want to upload the career until I can find someone to make custom icons for me.
Instructor
#10 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 11:57 AM
You could just design them breifly on a paint programme?

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 11:56 PM
Okay, I will put the file back on, but the career doesn't have custom icons. Sorry.
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 3:40 PM
lol wow this thread is a bit insane .. but i think this carreer sounds dope .. no matter how many times dude is used lol

all girl all amazin
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 7:35 PM
I have fixed more problems in the career. Please tell me if you find ANYTHING wrong.
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 12:12 AM
does it still need a custom icon? cause i might be able to help, if your still looking for someone. all i'd be able to do is help design it though. cause i really don't know anything about making a career.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morbia
does it still need a custom icon? cause i might be able to help, if your still looking for someone. all i'd be able to do is help design it though. cause i really don't know anything about making a career.

Nah, it still doesn't have one, but it doesn't really need one and I don't want to go to any more trouble trying to make it any better cuz I've worked on it forever.
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alecrox12
Nah, it still doesn't have one, but it doesn't really need one and I don't want to go to any more trouble trying to make it any better cuz I've worked on it forever.

alright, i can understand that. lol
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 1:17 PM
This career isn't showing up for me. Does any of the other custom careers overwrite this career?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by majesticg
This career isn't showing up for me. Does any of the other custom careers overwrite this career?

No, because it has its own custom GUID thingy. Sorry, I really have no idea about the technical problems.
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 6:21 AM
how do you find the job, cpu,nwspapper,etc...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dragonfire k12
how do you find the job, cpu,nwspapper,etc...

Just like all the other jobs...
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 6:04 AM
Naw Bro Im The Shit At Guitar Hero :L

Hahahh. Your Career Sounds MEAN
! Looking Foward Too Playing It. Thanks Heaps!

♥.·*[L][O][V][E]*·.♥
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 3:06 AM
I've recently had to clean out my comp and reload the sims2 and nightlife...I am SO HAPPY I've found this career. I certainly hope they can fly!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 4:48 PM
Hmm, if you could, could i can ask you a request for a career, I really need this job, if you can, ask me by PM, alright?

By the way, nice job at this career
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 3:16 PM
love love LOVE the idea of this. Don't suppose you could make it sims3 basegame compatible?
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 8:13 PM
nice job. this is kind a superhero.
but you cauld discripe the levels a bit more. :'D
Page 1 of 2