Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Builder Career - Requested

by grrovvyhevens Posted 28th Jan 2007 at 6:37 AM

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 10:03 AM
How does Director win ?

I like it ^^ :D

Since there aren't any requests anymore, doesn't anyone want to do a desperate housewife career ?? lol
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 11:05 AM
It's 'Apprentice', not 'Apperntice'; does the career have the spelling mistake? It's a good idea for a career, I want more careers that are representative of everyday life; just one thing, apprenticeship for four levels? Couldn't they take a few extra courses instead of two or three more apprentice levels? Say, Foundations and Coursing (app2, logic needed), Roofing and Structural (app3, creativity needed), Electrical and Plumbing (app4, mechanical needed), then carpenter, builder, foreman etc. Just a suggestion!
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 3:20 PM
Isn't that B a "B'z" B? O.O
Instructor
#5 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 7:59 PM
Do you have the cash per level for that please? Any chancecards?

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Space Pony
#6 Old 1st May 2007 at 3:17 PM
Finally.... something with a carpenter in it!
Not actually evil.
#7 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Demon_x_slash
It's 'Apprentice', not 'Apperntice'; does the career have the spelling mistake? It's a good idea for a career, I want more careers that are representative of everyday life; just one thing, apprenticeship for four levels? Couldn't they take a few extra courses instead of two or three more apprentice levels? Say, Foundations and Coursing (app2, logic needed), Roofing and Structural (app3, creativity needed), Electrical and Plumbing (app4, mechanical needed), then carpenter, builder, foreman etc. Just a suggestion!

I like all these suggestions and would get this career if it had them.

Great idea for a career, BTW, not nearly enough working man/woman careers out there. I have much, much respect for builders and love to watch construction shows on TV.

SUGGESTIONS:
What uniforms do they wear? Pictures would be nice. It would be really great if they had orange hard hats for the lower levels, white hard hats for the foremen or engineers, business suits for the high levels, etc.

And what vehicles do they take to work? I would suggest pickup trucks for the lower level jobs, regular cars for the higher.

Also, while your big B is great, it won't make sense in non-English games or for those who want all simlish in their games. I would suggest a trowel for mortar or maybe a crossed hammer and saw or just a hammer.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 5:21 PM
thank you

What about the thousands of wonderful men and women who are fighting this war without any of the credit or the glory that always goes to those lucky few who just happen to get shot?
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 1:14 PM
ok my husband is a carpenter, and the 4 apprentice levels, that's how they really are.. they don't have different titles.. They're just in apprentiship school for that long, 4 years.. and then after they complete the 4 years they become a journeyman... I would suggest to title the career "Carpenter Career" or something, since that is what they are during the whole time anyway... And on the 7th level after the 4th apprentice level you should put Journeyman instead of Carpenter. I think the rest of the levels look fine.

Also, is there a way to make the career work if you only have the base game, nightlife, seasons, and pets? Do you have to have the other games to make the career work? cuz i really want to download this, but don't have uni or ofb
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 4:04 AM
Does it have a unique GUID?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:11 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 12:08 AM
Thank you.