Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis-like hair colour recolours ~ SimCribbling Hair no.13 - Type#1

by Avaluna Posted 16th Feb 2007 at 8:37 PM - Updated 26th Sep 2008 at 12:59 PM by Avaluna

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 6:56 AM
Cool, thanks! I like how you made your sceenshot sims look like maxis defaults(skin, eyes, ect.) it adds to the effect :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 8:08 AM
these are reeeli cool! i like sims to look like sims as well =] goood job! xx

An Cafe Rawk My World
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 8:35 AM
Very nice. Your screenshots are lovely and the poses on the sims are great... And I agree, the use of all Maxis content for them makes them especially nice. Your textures are nice - quite Maxis-y but still pretty, and they totally fit the shape of the mesh, which is rare. It's not my taste - I prefer a little more realisim from my game, but I understand the desire for the natural sim aesthetic, and you've captured it well. Nicely done.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 10:04 AM
I love maxis hair textures. There's just something very cartoony-meets-too-realistic-for-me-to-recreate about them . You've done a great job of catching the better side of Maxis' style.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 10:09 AM
I like my Sims to look Simlike as well. I loved this hair in the original colours,but I love it even more in Maxis type ones! ^__^
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 12:18 PM
The quality is better than the original Maxis, great job!
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 1:41 PM
whoa! nicely put!
Sims shouldn't look like people... you've got a point there.

anyways, these are the cutest maxis made sims ever!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 3:53 PM
Wow, thanks everybody! I really didn't thought there should be so many nice messages ^^.
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 1:25 AM
I love these colours. I like to have my sims look like sims also and I'd love to be able to download the sims in your pictures to use in-game.
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 10:22 PM
Well done! Just what I was looking for... I especially like the brown one. Dankjewel!
Instructor
#12 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 3:45 PM
Thank you so much, Avaluna! I also like the "Sim" look for my sims, so I appreciate your sharing these re-textures with us. Have you done any others? Would you? [hint, hint]

pureheart
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 9:12 PM
I love it, Avaluna. =) I also like the maxis look and there are hardly any downloads that are like that anymore. Will you be making more? I'm crossing my fingers for it!
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 4:06 AM
thanks a lot! maxis like recolors!! i just hate REAL custom content(i make exceptions with hair thou) but you are totally one in a million! keep the good job
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 5:36 AM
These look so wonderful!!!!
Thanks!
Do you know how I could get them binned?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 6:49 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll sure make more, but unfortunately I don't have many time.

And NavarroIsMe, I don't know where you can get them binned. I'm sorry, but I don't make hairstyles binned, because I don't know how I should do that and I don't want it.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NavarroIsMe
These look so wonderful!!!!
Thanks!
Do you know how I could get them binned?

you have to download SimPE to get hair colors binned. Its actually really hard to bin hair, but someone made a SimPE plugin that does all the work for you.

Click here.

I assure you, once you learn how to bin, its so fun and easy =3

P.S: I love these hair recolors ^_^ Their very nice.

She stood in the rain
And gazed at the golden grass
Longed for those memories
She knew could never last
Field Researcher
#18 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 9:06 PM
BEAUTIFUL. I love Maxis-like recolours and DL almost every one I can find, especially if they're Raon or XM.
Def downloading.

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 3:19 AM
These are very beautiful recolors! I wish more creators thought like you, I also like my sims to look like sims, no shiny skin or hair. There are so many nice meshes out there but the colors are just too shiny... Anyway, really superb job on these, hopefully you'll do more... Thank you for sharing these!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 4:32 PM
I love the original colors of these meshes, but some of my sims simply want to have maxis colors and so I try to keep as much maxis match to my hairs as possible. Also it's hard to let my sims use the feature allowing each hair style to be different when I can't find the same color in any other hair style. More of my sims will get to use this style now and I really apreciate that. I wish more creaters would at least off maxis match of their hair styles. I had one sim who's hair was pink for the longest time until I found maxis match of her hair style (couldn't see her with any other hair style and with nine sisters, eight of whom also had red hair, I was a bit limited).

Thank you.