Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Talk Overlay Hack for Movie Makers (and Storytellers)

by decorgal21572 Posted 11th Mar 2007 at 12:51 AM - Updated 11th Mar 2007 at 1:05 AM by decorgal21572

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 1:28 AM
This hack opens so many new possibilities, I can't wait to play with it! Thank you

Quote:
Have you ever dreamed of the day the Sims wouldn't talk with windmill arms?

You do love that expression, don't you?

Sims Projects (last update: 2007-10-23)
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 1:42 AM
This is awesome!! I was just getting ready to start filming a movie and this is like a dream come true!! However...I have a question about using this in conjunction with your "Talk Sitting" and "Talk Standing" hacks. I see that those two require OFB, but I only have Uni and Nightlife. I know that I can download this overlay for sure, but will I be able to use the other two hacks with this?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 1:53 AM
I'm new to movie making in Sims2 but I can see how absolutely wonderful this hack is going to be for the movie making community. Good job! I am so very impressed
Forum Resident
#5 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 3:01 AM
this is perfect, thanks

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 3:33 AM Last edited by phantomgremlock : 11th Mar 2007 at 3:41 AM.
In your acrobat it says that you can find it under hobbies----miscellanious,
does this mean it will only work if it's on the lot? I have a feeling this can allow both options of using the additional hack or not.

Added:

By the way, I checked out your website, thats one gorgeous place
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 3:47 AM
Perfect-well needed for movies
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 4:01 AM
Wow. I didn't know your wonderful works. Finally I found a way to make my lazy sims more collaborative .

Did anyone tested it in Seasons yet? (I don't have Seasons yet T_T )

Thanks.
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 5:14 AM
I think I'm gonna cry...
I watched the video and ....
No words ....
This is the best thing EVER....
I love you?

ps> Thank you!

If you love me you'll let me eat your BRAINS!
___

Check out my Sims 2 Movies:
http://www.katzombie.piczo.com
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 6:33 AM
I don't make movies or stories or anything like that, but I can see how nifty this hack would be. Superb job!

❌✖️❌✖️❌ Boycott SPs for TS4. EA is squeezing pennies from us without giving us content with substance. Show them you expect more! ❌✖️❌✖️❌
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 7:03 AM Last edited by decorgal21572 : 11th Mar 2007 at 7:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simdealist
However...I have a question about using this in conjunction with your "Talk Sitting" and "Talk Standing" hacks. I see that those two require OFB, but I only have Uni and Nightlife. I know that I can download this overlay for sure, but will I be able to use the other two hacks with this?

I've been told by people who don't have those EPs that the hacks work fine- just those animations pulled from those EPs will not work (i.e. nothing will happen). If you're a movie maker though, I'd recommend OFB. It comes with some awesome interactions that are great for conversation scenes.

Quote: Originally posted by phantomgremlock
In your acrobat it says that you can find it under hobbies----miscellanious,
does this mean it will only work if it's on the lot? I have a feeling this can allow both options of using the additional hack or not.

Hmm...I'm not quite sure if I understand your question. Of course you would use the hack on a lot- I don't know where else you would use it for unless you mean community lots? I haven't tried but I don't think it's available in community lots but film makers always shoot on residential (at least I do and everyone I know who films does). Is that what you meant?

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 7:37 AM
Your hack's take my breath away. Though, since for tonight, I am on the look out for houses when I spoted this hack. I new I had to download it.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 9:07 AM
THANK, enchant these to me mod for photos and others

*}·SeluXereZ·{*
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 12:44 PM
=D justv can't wait to test it in my story!!

Is it possible to know if you could make a hack which let ou sims play guitar sitting down?

(still for my story :D)

THANKS A LOT

Have a good time !
Field Researcher
#15 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 1:32 PM
Wonderful. I almost need every hack for taking photos. And this is a great hack!! THANKS A LOT!!

ERRARE HVMANVM EST
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 4:51 PM Last edited by AtomicSpaceKitty : 11th Mar 2007 at 5:08 PM. Reason: typo
Awesome! I was wondering how you got your characters to look so natural talking in your latest episode of AinD. Thank you so much for sharing it with the rest of us. This is another must have hack.

Worlds Apart: An urban fantasy. Now playing...
Field Researcher
#17 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 8:13 PM
Thanks! I couldn't wait til you uploaded this once I saw your last AinD episode and read in your blog that you were going to post it.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 11:11 PM
Thank you SO much for making this. It will be really useful for my movies.
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 12:01 AM
I checked it out with Seasons, and it worked fine. fantastic! don't know how to thank you for all the work you've put into this.
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 7:34 AM
Argh man! I wish I could find my NL code so I could Install it and download this hack! It won't work without NL will it? Gah that sucks...
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 12:09 AM
OMG! OMG! I've been working on a story for my very first music vid!! Your tute vid was great too!
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:17 AM
is there one where it is only for the Sims 2? or if anyone knows how to make them talk to themselves that would be great
Field Researcher
#23 Old 28th May 2007 at 12:53 PM
Indeed very useful and handy! Thanks!!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 6:44 PM
Woah, I checked out the video at Youtube, and nice job!! I can't wait to test this out!!

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 2:31 PM
Is this the object that is a square box with a icon of a talk bubble. I downloaded a bunch of movie making helper objects last night and was playing around with them. This was one of them.

Well, I may have ruined one of my sims. (don't worry, I am not holding you accountable) it was my fault that I had about 6 animations overlapping and I forgot what ones I had running. So now my sim is most likely ruined, since I saved it in the meantime. But I have not tried to move sims out of lot yet, so it may still be salvageable.

Any case I have a few suggestions to improve this object in my testing.
1.) have a stop all button --- This will stop all animations running from this object (may need to stop them in order to them being started or in reverse order

2.) some pie menus for other objects display weather they are on or off. it would be great if this would display a "(running)" in the top menu items next to the normal menu text and when you drill down into that menu item it will have "(running)" next to the menu items with animations that are running

3.) another possibility would be (not sure how it would work with movie making) but when one animation is started stop the previous one automatically. the reason why I don't think this one would work would be you may want to walk and talk at the same time and they may be 2 different animations.

Other than my bad experence with this object so far I see it being very useful. keep up the good work
Page 1 of 3